Yep, once and I hated it.
4 (10.3%)
I am a regular/occasional smoker.
4 (10.3%)
Trying to quit
0 (0%)
I do not smoke and never will.
28 (71.8%)
I've never tried it, but I'm not afraid to try.
2 (5.1%)
Used to, don't anymore.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Print

Author Topic: Smoking: Anyone try it?  (Read 42030 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 07:28:14 PM »
Never before, never in the future. That goes for all non-prescription drugs. And like bobman, I can't see myself as a habitual drinker either.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 07:29:48 PM »
Cigarette = tar, formaldehyde, rat poison, ammonia, carbon monoxide, etc. etc. etc.

My question is this: If this crazy stuff is in cigarettes, why are tobacco companies allowed to put it in there?
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 07:31:20 PM »
Population control.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 07:49:46 PM »
Are you into all these little government conspiracies or what?

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »
And I have my reasons.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 07:54:01 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 08:29:17 PM »
Because the tobacco companies share a cut with the government to keep selling the stuff. And yes, I believe this is true.
every

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 09:10:38 PM »
I've never smoked; I feel uncool.  I'd like to try just one cigarette just once, but I probably never will, because I don't like spending money, and carbon monoxide isn't good for the environment or people.  I feel bad how rude people are to those that do smoke, even if I'd prefer they didn't.

I don't want to drink alcohol ever.  I blame family experiences.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 10:06:32 PM »
Never have, never will. 
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 10:14:16 PM »
"and carbon monoxide isn't good for the environment"

Oh come on...

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 10:29:22 PM »
Well, I do make a habit out of going through the garbage cans throughout my dorm and taking out the bottles and putting them in the recycling bins.  Every little bit almost helps, doesn't it?

I've found about two jars, a fork, and five perfectly clean baskets going through garbage.  I've also remained single...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 10:35:14 PM »

My question is this: If this crazy stuff is in cigarettes, why are tobacco companies allowed to put it in there?
Because the government's job isn't to protect us from ourselves? There's warnings all over the packages, so it doesn't make a difference what goes into them. I for on think all drugs should be legal. Do I do drugs? No. However if one wants to spend their money on a practice that kills themselves, then why allow that money to be illegally funneled into the pockets of criminals/foreign agents.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 10:58:40 PM »
Never have smoked, never will smoke. I've been trying to get my dad to stop for the past 14 years or so and he still hasn't, and his teeth are an absolute nightmare. Not to mention his breath, nasty cough, and overall poor health.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 11:00:58 PM »
I guess my question should be.... why do tobacco companies put that stuff in cigarettes in the first place..... I don't think poisions, etc. would add to the taste, or help preserve it... or do anything else... so yeah why

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 12:49:16 AM »
It's all part of making them addictive. It's similar to why something as simple as "apple juice" contains more than two ingredients. Any quick look at the side of most apple juices will show a list of barely recognizable compounds, chemicals, and other preservatives. Reason being, they need all that to maintain the "goodness" of it. Goodness being the bare drinkability of it, basically in that if they don't add over 9000 chemicals, it will be even worse than it already is.

In the same vein, cigarette companies add in dozens of chemicals and other crazy stuff in order to maximize the enjoyable, addictive quality of their cigarettes, in the most efficient way possible, hence using things that are poisonous or downright "what the hell?". I don't know the exact specifications of that garbage, such as why tar or urea is found in them, but it's all a big corporate grandma's recipe, just like you'd find in other markets like fast food. (I.e. why just one mcdonald's hamburger can contain meat from nearly a thousand different cows)
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 12:53:31 AM »
I once found a McDonald's fry in my car that was perfectly intact after having been dropped there at least 6 months before.
That was a joke.

Print