Yep, once and I hated it.
4 (10.3%)
I am a regular/occasional smoker.
4 (10.3%)
Trying to quit
0 (0%)
I do not smoke and never will.
28 (71.8%)
I've never tried it, but I'm not afraid to try.
2 (5.1%)
Used to, don't anymore.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Print

Author Topic: Smoking: Anyone try it?  (Read 42024 times)

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2009, 08:35:39 PM »
I grew up in a house with smoking, so naturally I picked it up.  I am aware of all the bad things it does for you, but I find it to be a great stress reliever.  I find it helps pass the time while waiting for stuff like loading pages or slow games or commercials.  It used to give me a headbuzz, but not so much anymore.  I find it's a good way to start my day.  I am aware that people look down on me for doing it, and I don't care...in fact I hate people who try to yell at me for it, as if I'm oblivious to the world.  That makes me want to smoke even more.  I will quit when I'm good and ready.

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2009, 11:22:10 PM »
I have never smoked (and never will smoke) out of respect for my dad. He has severe asthma because my grandmother smoked when she was pregnant with him. I don't even touch a cigarette at a party/get together with friends.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2009, 01:09:25 AM »
I will quit when I'm good and ready.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

I honestly don't mind if others smoke, as long as they do it when I'm not around. I can't stand the smell of a cigarette, lit or otherwise. I also don't see how it can be seen as attractive, since it doesn't take long for the effects to kick in. Seeing a beautiful woman hacking up or struggling to breath is a sad site to behold.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2009, 07:14:27 AM »
Buy a stress ball if you want to chill. Also, I'm struggling to imagine someone smoking while a videogame loads.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2009, 07:19:21 AM »
Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

I honestly don't mind if others smoke, as long as they do it when I'm not around. I can't stand the smell of a cigarette, lit or otherwise. I also don't see how it can be seen as attractive, since it doesn't take long for the effects to kick in. Seeing a beautiful woman hacking up or struggling to breath is a sad site to behold.

I don't see myself ever smoking (which I've already mentioned).  And if I did, unlike a beautiful woman, I wouldn't have the good looks to distract from the utter unattractiveness of smoking.  Maybe if I wore sunglasses, too...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2009, 10:52:32 AM »
Also, I'm struggling to imagine someone smoking while a videogame loads.

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2009, 12:39:33 PM »
Seeing a beautiful woman hacking up or struggling to breath is a sad site to behold.

Not to mention the stuff it's gonna do to her teeth.

I just...pretty much hate smoking altogether. The act killed both my grandparents, almost killed my dad and would've killed me had my mother chose not to quit when she was pregnant with me.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:41:58 PM by PaperLuigi »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2009, 03:33:13 PM »
Also, you ever kiss someone after they smoke? Totally icky.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2009, 09:22:37 PM »
CE7 just gave the response of the year. I guess that's for real...?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2009, 09:52:29 PM »
I guess it is.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2009, 11:09:51 AM »
You guys missed the most disgraceful part of that load screen: "4 minute(s) remaining"

That load bar is only at like 50%.

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »
Luckily (I use that term lightly), it only takes 8 minutes to load the 1st act. Each successive act takes about 3 minutes to load, bringing the total loading time to about 20 minutes.

Which, in hindsight, still really sucks. Not to mention the extremely long cutscenes.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2009, 01:43:44 PM »
Especially since they could've easily hidden the loading inside the cutscenes, God of War style. I have made many jokes in the past concerning the subject, but MGS4 was the first game where I actually went to the kitchen, made, and ate a sandwich during a loading screen.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2009, 06:15:50 PM »
Doesn't EA own a patent on doing interesting things during loading screens?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2009, 06:43:26 PM »
I don't smoke...yet. Chances are I won't.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Print