Print

Author Topic: All drugs should be legal  (Read 69034 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2009, 12:54:35 AM »
[citation needed]
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2009, 03:37:37 PM »
Correction: Half-dead drones with virtually no remaining awareness of their existance sitting at their couch watching Boomerang reruns worldwide.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #197 on: August 05, 2009, 09:35:52 PM »
I just read that as "church" instead of "couch" and thought of this comic.  It's not really related unless you consider "opiate of the masses" and all. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #198 on: August 05, 2009, 09:38:54 PM »
That comic is frustrating on numerous levels.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2009, 09:41:45 PM »
Two angels taking human form, one of which talked. Next.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #200 on: August 05, 2009, 09:52:34 PM »
Thank you, Luigison. A debate on the veracity of the Bible is just what this thread needed.

« Reply #201 on: August 05, 2009, 11:32:12 PM »
I just read that as "church" instead of "couch" and thought of this comic.  It's not really related unless you consider "opiate of the masses" and all. 

Posting comics like that will only serve to **** most Christians off. Is that what you were going for by any chance?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 11:45:55 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #202 on: August 06, 2009, 12:48:15 AM »
By the way, questions like that are the atheistic equivalent of "If we evolved from monkeys, how come monkeys still exist?" We've had answers for most of those questions for a long time. Also, that comic is at least as hamfisted, contrived, and obnoxiously preachy as any low-budget Christian movie I've ever seen. More than most, actually.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #203 on: August 06, 2009, 08:51:55 AM »
^
This.

And everybody knows there ain't no debate like a religious debate because a religious debate don't stop.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #204 on: August 06, 2009, 03:17:10 PM »
Sorry guys.  I didn't intend to upset anyone or start a debate, but I should have known better.  It was just a comic I'd seen earlier in the day that I'd thought of when misreading Glorb's post.  I like CE7's first response though there will be no next.  There should have even been the first.  After viewing the comic now that I'm awake and clearheaded I realize it was in poor taste no matter which side one is on. 

So, how about those opiates?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #205 on: August 06, 2009, 03:53:37 PM »
I'm not exactly an expert on prohibition, but who's to say use of the currently illegal drugs will spread much if they're legalized? When alcohol was illegal, it wasn't just shady gangsters who kept drinking. It was shady gangsters who made/imported/distributed it, yeah, but higher-class people drank if they got their hands on wine. I don't think I'd have to worry about, say, my dad or my friends becoming weed addicts; legal or not, it's just not the sort of thing they (or I) would do.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 03:57:58 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #206 on: August 06, 2009, 05:04:46 PM »
But who's to say it wouldn't eventually take on an alchohol-like status once legalized? I don't know about you, but legal or no, I'd be ****in' ****ed if I came home and found my dad or whatever stinking up the place with a joint.
every

« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2009, 02:15:31 PM »
Cigarettes smell worse than weed and couldn't he just go outside and smoke?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #208 on: August 07, 2009, 04:00:57 PM »
Congrats, nenson, you just won this year's Completely Missing the Point Award.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #209 on: August 07, 2009, 04:15:45 PM »
I will wholeheartedly agree to not wanting marijuana smoked anywhere around me, and the illegality of the drugs we're talking about keeps them underground. Maybe it should be legal to distribute them but not to use them, forcing users to do it in secret? It's still in a sort of zone of oppression I hinted at before, but it'd be easier to do that than to have every facility list the drugs they don't want used on or near their property, and would keep people concerned with the law away from them.

All I'm saying is, wine was fancy before, during, and after the prohibition of it, so it was fancy to drink. It's not fancy to use meth (no hard feelings to anyone reading this who uses or wants to use meth). How much are you wagering that will change? If you think it will, then that's fine and you can disagree, so long as we're on the same page.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print