Print

Author Topic: All drugs should be legal  (Read 68934 times)

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 12:18:25 PM »
Drugs shouldn't be legal. Although the economy is doing horrible in the United States right now, that's not the point. The government is supposed to provide security to the people and ensure that they're being protected against harmful substances. Legalizing drugs would violate this idea and create conflicts in other countries because some people there might want drugs legalized too.

Why would anyone want to do drugs anyway? You're fine without them.

If drugs become legal, then that's basically saying that anything else harmful can become legal. Soon enough, people will be walking through the streets with bombs in their hands and that will be fine...

Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 01:11:46 PM »
Why would anyone want to do drugs anyway? You're fine without them.
That arguement could be used for anything
"it's always the present"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2008, 02:10:05 PM »
Why would anyone want to eat? You're fine without eating.
That was a joke.

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2008, 02:15:12 PM »
This is my opinion:

It'll only be the stupid people's problem.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 03:38:07 PM »
Why would anyone want to eat? You're fine without eating.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 04:09:55 PM by Shyguy92 »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 04:27:51 PM »
It's witty, and not stupid. You need to consider the consequences when you use absolute statements.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »
absolute statements
This thread is full of absolute statements that are quite biased. That's not the problem.

Beside he knew what I meant before; your taking this too seriously
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 05:09:51 PM by Shyguy92 »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2008, 06:59:28 PM »
I guess the real reason I decided to grunt my disapproval was the use of a 'motivational poster.' On further consideration, I realized that what could have been said was that the poor argument made previously could apply to any leisure-type activity.

Rather than saying "You're fine without it," it would have have been better to say "You're better off without them," but then somebody would surely assert the health benefits of a certain depressant and then that same person would come to define drugs as "really bad drugs" and we wouldn't be getting anywhere.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2008, 07:43:13 PM »
This thread is full of absolute statements that are quite biased.

You say they're quite biased!
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2008, 07:48:51 PM »
Only a Sith deals in absolute. *Whips out lightsaber* I will do what I must.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2008, 08:11:46 PM »
I know I'm 3 years late on this, but Obi-Wan and Anakin's conversation at the end of ROTS makes absolutely no sense.

1- "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" - I shouldn't have to point out the obvious contradiction, that this statement itself is an absolute.

2- Was Obi-Wan disputing Anakin's labelling of him as an enemy? After he just told Padmé that he'd probably have to kill him?

3- If he said he wasn't his enemy because he wanted to win him back, then he just called Yoda a Sith.

4- Then again, Yoda did contradict his "A Jedi never uses the Force for attack" thing pretty flagrantly.

5- If he was trying to win him back, insulting him like that might not be the best way to win his affection.

6- "Anakin, the Chancellor is evil!" "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!" "Well, then you are lost!"
Obi-Wan is the one dealing in absolutes! Anakin is dealing in relativism! This makes no freaking sense!

7- I'll give Lucas the benefit of the doubt and assume he only thought "if you're not with me you're against me" was a Bush quote, and he wasn't actually trying to say Jesus is a Sith.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2008, 10:23:03 PM »
This makes me remember how poorly done Anakin's transition to the dark side is.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2008, 10:49:59 PM »
This is my opinion:

It'll only be the stupid people's problem.

Except it wouldn't be. Secondhand smoke is a problem for the non-smoker.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2008, 11:16:11 PM »
A bit of second-hand smoke from marijuana will not kill you or make you high. Not trying shove anything down your throat, BP, but you can't tell me you haven't inhaled second-hand cigarette smoke by accident *somewhere* in your life.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008, 11:34:52 PM »
What if you live around smokers? Trust me, you won't be inhaling it somewhere, you'll be inhaling it almost everywhere.
every

Print