Print

Author Topic: Who wants to help me with my political research survey?  (Read 6901 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: December 05, 2008, 04:10:11 PM »
As part of a project in my political science major, I have to perform a political survey. Right now I'm collecting data on it, so I need to get as many samples as possible. if anyone wants to help out, it's only two questions and you can just reply here.

1. On a scale from 0 to 6, with 0 being Strong Democrat and 6 being Strong Republican, what would you say your own political beliefs are closest to?
(0 = Strong Democrat, 1 = Somewhat Democrat, 2 = Weak Democrat, 3 = Independent, 4 = Weak Republican, 5 = Somewhat Republican, 6 = Strong Republican)

2. On a scale from 0 to 100, with 0 being completely negative, 50 being indifferent, and 100 being totally positive, how would you rate your feelings towards the New York Yankees?

Really, I would prefer if baseball fans participated or else it might skew the figures since non-baseball fans generally will feel negatively toward any team in general, however I could make some exceptions. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 07:38:11 PM by Forest Guy »
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 10:31:56 AM »
First question I'll answer 2.

The second question: 0 to 100. Does zero mean no feelings and 100 mean very strong feelings, whether good or bad, or does it mean 0 is negative and 100 is positive?
If the first scenario is correct, I say 0.
if the second scenario is correct, I say 50.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 07:37:29 PM »
Ah, I should clear that up. Yeah, 50 means indifferent, 0 is negative, 100 is positive. Thanks.
= = = = = = =

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 04:30:15 PM »
Looks like everyone here is just FAR too busy to answer two simple questions. Sorry to bother you folks.
= = = = = = =

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 04:34:53 PM »
Oh I didn't see this. I'm definitely
2 on the first question
50 on the second question, although I'm not a baseball fan.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 05:05:22 PM »
Looks like everyone here is just FAR too busy to answer two simple questions. Sorry to bother you folks.
I'd want to participate, I really would, but I don't think I could provide an accurate answer for the first, since I don't affiliate myself with the political spectrum. Um...is i an acceptable answer?

For #2, 50.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 09:51:14 PM »
Question 1.  3
Question 2.  0 If there were an option for absolutely loathe the Yankees and hope that they don't win a single game next season, I would choose that. Go Tribe.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 10:28:36 PM »
Question 1: 2
Question 2: I'm gonna go with about 7.3. I'm a die-hard Red Sox fan, but I will admit that the Yankees have had some serious talent as of late. Despite that, though, the Sox pwn all, so poor score for the Yankees. </odd baseball fanboyism>
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 11:07:59 PM »
3, 50

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 11:41:53 PM »
Aha, here's everyone. Thanks, all. I need as much data as I can get. I appreciate it.
= = = = = = =

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 12:04:00 AM »
3, 50. Sorry for being so boring.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 04:35:27 AM »
2 on political spectrum

10/100 on the Yankees. I love watching that money pit fail massively throughout the season. Synergy >> throwing money at washed up talent.
~I.S.~

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 05:41:31 AM »
3.  I'm more of a Libertarian.

NA.  I don't watch sports outside of my high school so I don't care about any particular team.  I only watch my high school's events because some of my students participate.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »
#1: I would say "strong conservative" rather than "strong republican."
#2: 50.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 08:22:09 PM »
Well keep in mind, it's not what youre political beliefs actually are, it's what they're closest to. That's more or less the classic question they ask for political identification since the unedcuated masses don't all know what Conservative or Liberal mean.

And yeah thanks again everyone.
= = = = = = =

Print