Print

Author Topic: What would you make?  (Read 7196 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »
I would make a survival horror game based around the Vietnam War that features no supernatural or fictional elements at all. In other words, it wouldn't be a straight-up military shooter, instead focusing on the horror of war and the need for survival. Suffice to say, the game wouldn't exactly be intended as "fun"; rather, it'd be a sort of statement on the games industry's portrayal of war.
every

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 06:49:19 PM »
An original story with interesting characters and a simple to follow but multilayered story.

It really annoys me that Hollywood is relying so much on adaptations nowadays and they got huge advertising pushes when they don't really need them in the first place. Now it seems just about every old tv show, comic book line and fantasy novel gets a movie adaptation. Most of them ends up discarding key elements of the original that attracted their audience any, so what's the point?

Mind you, I don't entirely hate them, as they can be an enjoyable alternate take on the franchise in question. However, for every Spider-Man, there's 20 DragonBall Evolutions, so it's really tough to figure out what really suits the big screen.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 07:01:23 PM »
Man, Dragonball was great. What's wrong with people?
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 07:07:13 PM »
* Toad doesn't read the entire thread.

I would make a new Super Mario movie. A good one. Maybe part live action, part animated (like Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Jurassic Park). It would tie into the games moreso than the first SMB movie (which wasn't bad, just wasn't as good as it could have been..)

I would make Wario Ware and Smash Bros into two sepearte animes. I've always thought that Wario Ware would rock as an anime, and Smash Bros would too. I can see Ganondorf playing a similar part to Kuno in Ranma.. "Well hello there, Sheik! Where did Zelda go?

Also, I would make a series about Toad. Because Toad rocks!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 07:28:03 PM »

They like their Goku un-high-schooled, their Bulma un-fighter-chick, and their Dragon Balls un-created-by-"seven-mystics."

I could go into more detail, but most of it would be written off as fanboyism.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 11:11:06 AM »

You're kidding right?

Let's just put aside the obvious disregard for the actual source material and judge it as a stand alone film. It is not well written, it is not convincing, it is not even fun to watch. The actors showed very little emotion aside from Yamcha, and there was a number of plotholes within the story. How did Piccillo resurface? Why is Mai aligned with him? Why is Goku an outcast?

The main character is absolutely nothing like he should be. The original Goku was a naive but confident warrior with a strong sense of protection and a love of fighting. This Goku was an awkward high school student who wasn't sure he was capable of saving the world. They're in two completely different camps.

It just seems so halfhearted, especially since this film had been in the works since 2003 or so. It's like they just gave up and made something and slapped the DragonBall name on it. James Marsters was the best part of the film and even he couldn't save it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 12:14:46 PM »
Chef already said a Star Fox movie based off the SNES game and perhaps the comics. With CGI or Jim-Henson muppets (preferably Star Wars-style muppets, think Yoda). That's the best pitch for a Star Fox movie I've heard yet.

Considering the Redwall movie for 2011 was nothing but a hoax, I'd probably make a Redwall movie. I know there's already been a short-lived TV series on it and a "movie" consisting of chopping up the first season into 90 minutes (which I can only imagine made it hard to follow), but fans seem pretty anxious to see a real movie. Personally if I had the choice, I'd do a movie of some other Redwall novel like "Taggerung" (the characters really seemed to go places in that one, and the main star was an otter).

Oh, and a remake of the Trumpet of the Swan film into something that isn't an embarrassment. My favorite E.B. White book of all time, it should have been classic along with the films of Charlotte's Web and Stuart Little. But no. Although I've never seen the film, the preview is awful. The swans got wigs, they threw in musical numbers that weren't in the original (including one sung by Little Richard), the father was voiced by Jason Alexander (George Costanza), and they called him Louie instead of Louis. For some reason, getting the swan's name wrong is the biggest offense of all (maybe they wanted to avoid any references to Louis Armstrong).

Maybe a Secret of Mana movie, that has great potential for pretty landscapes, and you gotta having Flammie the flying fuzzy white dragon in it. It'd probably do well even if it was a case of "CGI first, story second".
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 01:59:14 PM »
I'd like to see Daft Punk make a documentary about themselves, but make everything completely fictional and have it coincide with the release of their new album when it comes out in 2067.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 02:36:05 PM »
I am not a Dragonball fan and I found the movie immensely fun to watch. I know enough to understand the differences between it and the "real" thing, but I don't care how different it was, because it was fun!
That was a joke.

Sqrt2

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 06:40:21 AM »
A Donkey Kong game, based on the DKC trilogy/DK64. I'd make sure that no references to the atrocity that is Jungle Beat exist, resurrect Winky and Expresso and make sure that Diddy, Dixie and the rest of the Kongs are involved in the game.
AA fanboy and proud!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 09:06:19 AM »
Jungle Beat is as fun or more fun than the DKCs and almost certainly more fun than DK64.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 09:13:07 AM »
For sure. When I first saw game play videos of that game I pooped my pants.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 01:18:50 PM »
Yeah, Jungle Beat is an incredibly fun twist on an already awesome classic style of game.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 02:24:49 PM »
Jungle Beat ****ed me off on several levels, but it's New Play Control remake looks to be rectifying that.

Print