Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers  (Read 44816 times)

« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2009, 03:14:24 PM »
Great Idea!
But,what if they came out with an updated Super Mario All Stars

It would include:
Super Mario Bros. 1,2,3
The Lost Levels
Super Mario World 1,2 (Maybe only 1,2 wasnt that great)
Super Mario 64

If you can think of any more,feel free post them

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2009, 05:38:15 PM »
2 wasnt that great
* Bird Person swallows koopa_killer57 and throws the egg down a pit
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2009, 09:00:09 PM »
Great Idea!

It would include:
Super Mario Bros. 1,2,3
The Lost Levels
Super Mario 64

If you can think of any more,feel free post them

Not
SMW2. Super Mario 64 in its original form piled with the others would be sweet, though.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2009, 09:09:34 PM »
As great of a game as it is, it could be argued that Yoshi's Island (if that IS what SMW2 refers to) isn't quite a true-blue Mario series staple as compared to the likes of the SMB's and SMW. But of course, the more the merrier.

If we're upping the number of playable characters in the next Mario & Luigi title to four, I demand that Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi and their respective infantile incarnations, Toad, Toadette, Yoshi(s), Link, Young Link, Baby Link, Fetus Link, Captain Syrup, Master Chief, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr and Poochy from Yoshi's Island all be simultaneously available. Of course, each combination of two would have their own unique team moves, just as in past M&L games.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2009, 10:43:39 PM »
36 possible move opportunities.

Excessive and wouldn't flow smoothly at all. You learn six moves at once and what do you get? Confused. You try to put all those moves to use on the field and? You have either an astoundingly messy field or each individual move is used less than the weapons of Twilight Princess were used out of their dungeons.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2009, 07:43:12 AM »
But then you have a game like Wind Waker that had about a million gadgets and tools that they worked cleverly into every dungeon.  It could go either way...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2009, 02:26:56 PM »
I got it, twelve moves, learned in groups of four.

Four jump-based moves, where Mario & Waluigi team to do two, and Luigi & Wario do the others.
Four hammer-based moves, where Mario & Wario team up for two, and Luigi & Waluigi do the others.
Four elemental moves, where the Mario Bros. team up to do two, and the Wario Bros. team up for the others.

This makes 12 moves, not too many or too few, 4 jump, 4 hammer, and 4 elemental, and 2 for each bro pairing. Not sure how secret scrolls, or other means of obtaining extra moves, would work.  Whatcha think?

Just a tidbit, I came up with something like this in the past, but it involved the Mario Bros., Yoshi, and my Buzzy Beetle fanchar.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 02:29:25 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2009, 09:19:44 PM »
Great Idea!

It would include:
Super Mario Bros. 1,2,3
The Lost Levels
Super Mario 64

i tell ya, i just don't see it happening...as awesome as it would be, i doubt nintendo would do that what with what they did with the super mario advance games.  butchering by decreasing the challenges and adding voiceovers and what not...but that aside, think of what they did with super mario allstars + super mario world?  gba was supposedly better than snes, so you'd think they'd be able to release them all on one cartridge.

anyway my point is, a game like that would be awesome, but i don't think they would, because i think they'd rather get finances from individual releases.  what would be better would be using the layout and making like new mario 3 or world games.  now that would be sweet!

« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2009, 09:33:54 PM »
Well, Nintendo is a corporation, and just like any other corporation, it has to shoot for the highest possible profit margins in order to keep its head honchos with their multi-million dollar paychecks. A bit harsh, but it be the truth. They'd still undoubtedly be making Yen out the wazoo in Japan by selling new Mario titles for ten dollars apiece. Similarly, Nintendo would consider releasing Super Mario All-Stars on Virtual Console to be financial crazy-talk -- why give the buyer five games for eight bucks when we can milk 'em for nearly thirty dollars through individual sales?

'Tis sad, but true, non?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2009, 09:12:16 AM »
It's very sad actually, because my bro was able to get Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World for 30 and Yoshi's Island for 10 at a pawn shop...thats only 40 bucks.  The advance series were 50 bucks a piece when they first came out I do believe.  So $40>$200

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2009, 10:53:56 AM »
Super Mario Advance games were $30.
That was a joke.

« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2009, 11:12:25 AM »
I think here they were around 40 plus tax (Canada)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2009, 12:10:04 PM »
Why do people buy games they already own? At the time I got the Advance series for the portable factor. What other reason would compel you to buy the same game over and over if you already have that?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2009, 01:08:14 PM »
For backups for when small children (nieces, nephews, your own children) erase your completed game file that took months to complete.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2009, 01:21:15 PM »
Rewinding back to what I was saying before, a good example would be that it's very hard to find the classic mega man games individually, but they released that mega man collection on gamecube and a mega man x collection too.  why not with mario?  they even did it (somewhat) with zelda games on that anniversary thingy.

Print