Print

Author Topic: I have an idea that I'd like advice on  (Read 7636 times)

« on: February 21, 2009, 01:41:47 PM »
I've finished Super Star Saga and I plan on getting to the max level, (is that 99 or 100?) using drinks to get 999 in every stat (Is that the max?), get 99 of every item exept the drinks, and get 9,999 coins.

Can someone answer my questions?

I'd also like to hear what you think of this plan.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »
It took me two months to get from level 48 to 98, and although I funneled massive amounts of coffee into Luigi, his stats only averaged 500-something. Good luck, crazy person.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 04:51:18 PM »
You can't max out every stat in any RPG that I'm aware of, no matter how high you get their levels. I know that Final Fantasy IV has a curve that levels out around level 80 or so, and you only get tiny increases in stuff after that. I expect most other games are like that as well.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 05:03:58 PM »
You can't max out every stat in any RPG that I'm aware of, no matter how high you get their levels. I know that Final Fantasy IV has a curve that levels out around level 80 or so, and you only get tiny increases in stuff after that. I expect most other games are like that as well.

The problem is that it has to end eventually and in this game it looks like the stat slots can only get as high as 999.

I also forgot to say this:
When I said 99 of each item I only mean items, not badges and pants.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 05:31:24 PM »
Yes but the stats will never reach 999 because of the curve I mentioned/because you don't get stuff to increase by 10 for every level you gain.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 05:52:33 PM »
You can max out your stats in RPGs where there are items that give you stat increases independent of leveling up, such as Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 06:17:26 PM »
Yes but the stats will never reach 999 because of the curve I mentioned/because you don't get stuff to increase by 10 for every level you gain.

That's where the drinks come in, I'll use them to get to 999 after I get to level 99 or 100.(Whichever one is them max)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 08:40:37 PM »
Yes, the max level is 99. The highest you can get a stat at is 1004 if you use a Teeheespresso on that stat when it's at 998. Unfortunately, it resets back to 999 when you equip or unequip something. I have 999 in every stat for both brothers, and I have both brothers at level 99. When I was getting to level 99, I trained on most of the enemies in Joke's End. They give a lot of experience points, and the battles are usually fast if you have a lot of Attack.
I'll tell you my strategy for maxing out your stats; I'm sure it will help:

For the max stats, I put on the spike badge on both Mario and Luigi and the Game Boy Horror SP on one of the brothers. I use Teeheespressos because they give +6 in a random stat; more than any other drink. I go east of Castle Town to where the Lakipeas are. I stand slightly to the left or right of the Lakipea and let it throw a Sharpea down so that it doesn't fall directly onto me. Then, I jump on the Sharpea when it charges at me, and I go into a battle and kill all the enemies in one hit with a First Strike. Since I have the Game Boy Horror SP equipped, I always get around 2 Woo Beans each battle. Repeat until you have 99 Woo Beans. For Hee Beans, play the Super Border Jump Minigame in Stardust Fields and choose to play Super Border Jump Sunshine. When playing, make sure that both brothers get hit twice to save time at the end. Repeat until you have 99 Hee Beans. Now, go to the Starbeans Cafe and make 9 Teeheespressos. Repeat until you have 99 Teeheespressos. There are 2 things you can do right now: save and use the Teeheespresso to get the desired stat increase for the desired brother and reset the game when you don't get the desired stat, or just randomly use the Teeheespressos on the brother whose stats you want to be increased.

This takes a very long time, so unless you're devoted to doing it, I don't recommend doing it. Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 08:57:11 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 08:48:03 PM »
Alternately, you could play an arcade game in Little Fungitown for Hee Beans is you find either of them easier than the Border Jump.

Kimimaru, approximately how much damage can you cause in a single hit?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 08:52:29 PM »
You could play the arcade games, but they are much slower than if an experienced player played the Border Jump. You can do over 10,000 damage with the Advanced Swing Bros. attack if you use Hot Peppers before performing the attack. I'm not sure about the exact damage, as it can vary among enemies.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 09:09:13 PM »
"Experienced" being the key word there, of course. Besides, nine beans a minute in the "sliding-objects-into-pirhana-plants'-gaping-mouths-for-points" arcade game isn't terribly inefficient, is it?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 10:10:31 PM »
You don't need to be very experienced to complete Super Border Jump Sunshine. You only really have to memorize it. It only takes about 27 seconds to complete, and I believe it gives around 5 Hee Beans. The arcade games aren't inefficient, but to get 9 Hee Beans in them, you also have to get a good score.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 10:39:38 PM »
I always found the arcade game super easy, while the SBJS insanely difficult. I almost always get 9 Beans with the arcade, and even when I don't do super fantastic, I still get at least 6 Beans. That's a lot better than SBJS because, for one, it's more total beans, and for two, SBJS is all or nothing.

...So I say arcade's the most efficient method. But that's just me.

Good luck with the project. I wouldn't have the patience for it, and I'm someone who tries to get 100% completion (and high stats if possible) in games. X_x
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 10:41:46 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 10:58:06 PM »
Same. My record in the Geno-instructed arcade game is 656 points. Even after not having played for nearly a year, I managed over 500 points (nine beans) on the first attempt in my newest file. But, whatever you're best at, I suppose.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 11:03:16 PM »
I say that the Super Border Jump Sunshine is more efficient. I tried both games and you can complete many more Super Border Jump Sunshine games than arcade games in a period of 5 minutes.

Print