Print

Author Topic: The Big eartquake of Italy  (Read 2464 times)

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« on: April 10, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »
On the 6th April 2009 there as been a very strong eartquake, which has hitten almost every zone of Italy (also my zone, but it was a very weak earthquake), but especialy in the centre of my Country: Abruzzo.
It destroied everything there and almost all the people lost everything, from houses, to friends and relatives. The worst thing is that also the new houses, which had to be built with new antisismic techinque, felt down. This is only one of the many things that creates total disaster in our country: bad architecture projects are not only the new problems after the eartquake, but also the arrival of those people called "sciacalli". They go to the destroied houses to steal the last things that people have; other people coming from other zones of Italy and from other Countries also oblige those, who are escaping from the earthquake, to pay for they safeness: like they stop them into streets and they make pay them!! Then other people, especially tourists, try to be like false Italians who lived this earthquake and get all the free spaces and food, stealing it from the people who really need it. Then journalists give troubles to the earthquakers, filling them of stupid questions (like: why are you ungry? why do sleep outside you house?), making jokes of them (one of them took a photyo of a guy who was crying at his totally destroied house, and the journalist said of the photo: "this photo is awesome beautiful!" witha  big happiness and excitement.Idiot:), and they also stop policemens and other people who are working to save others!
Then politicians come in the destroied towns, taking all the journalists with them and creating total mess, like they want to take photos of their false sadness and false love for citizien.

In less words it's a total mess.

Not only the continuing earthquakes (there have been about 800 earthquakes from the 6th april!!!), but also evil people, who are taking advantage from this mess, are creating many troubles to our country.

I hope Italy will change after all this events, because it's always getting worse! =(

There are about 280 victims and other have still to be found. Today we celebrated the national funeral for those people.
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 01:40:11 PM »
Wow... I'd heard about it, but I hadn't realized how bad it was. Wish I could do something to help. I'll be praying.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 02:35:58 PM »
There was a similar media blitz after Hurricane Katrina here in the states. It grates on me in a massive way whenever I see snooty photojournalists getting praise, awards and money for sticking their $3000 cameras up in peoples' grilles after a disaster or war. That's one of the reasons I can't stand to read National Geographic.

I really hope the situation improves in Italy; I've got an uncle who lives there right now.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 06:54:25 PM »
Oh yeah, that's right, you're Italian... (sorry, you haven't been around lately) Well, it's good you're okay and it's terrible so many people died. That's really all I can sincerely say.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 06:59:57 PM »
I am sincerely sorry this horrible disaster happened...life is quite cruel to people at times. All I can do is offer my condolences.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 09:14:43 PM »
The first thing that came to mind when I saw the title was something along the lines of "Oh, I hope SuperCaterina! wasn't hurt."

And then I see you posted the topic. I'm slow. Good to see you're okay.

I hope things improve in Italy too, for your sake and for mine whenever I decide to take a vacation around there. Kinda sucks that we have to deal with these natural-disaster problems, but things tend to pass and turn out to be a phase.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 10:08:14 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about this tragic event. I'm hope you and your loved ones are okay and my sincerest condolences to those that were lost in this terrible incident.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Print