Poll

did i break reality?

yes
3 (60%)
no
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Print

Author Topic: a scary story 2: connected worlds  (Read 2738 times)

« on: April 09, 2012, 07:27:55 AM »
i decided to make my real life house in minecraft

i did that

then i noticed that the ceiling was too short

so i used worldedit to move the ceilings

the basement ceiling got moved and it flooded due to the water heater i made

later my sister went down to the real life basement

it had flooded too
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:17:20 AM by bobbysq1337 »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 08:03:35 AM »
Not scary, but my wife made our new house in The Sims 3 to get ideas on furniture placement. 

Although we got the house as a short sale for a pretty big apparent savings we've already had to put much more than that into it just to get it livable.  We haven't installed basement drainage or a sump pump yet.  That alone will be about $7K. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »
but you have to admit that the minecraft basement flooding and then the real basement flooding was sort of weird. i also forgot to add a poll.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:38:16 PM »
meh
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »
It's a very interesting coincidence, I'll give you that. Any pictures of your flooded basement, perchance?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »
Being serious now, no, but there was a sump pump failure, so I was too busy with towels, a bucket or iron blocks to get pics.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 01:44:16 PM »
how many times has something happened in minecraft that didn't happen irl?  a lot i'd presume. 

we have a basic psychological tendency to remember the positive instances and forget the times nothing happened.  this causes us to see connections when there aren't any and develop superstitions and believes that are unfounded. 

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 02:15:22 PM »
Does that mean it's safe to make a Nether portal in the back yard?

Print