Print

Author Topic: The Nintendo DS...  (Read 2891 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: February 23, 2004, 04:59:10 PM »
The Nintendo DS seems like a really innovative idea--two game screens on one system. This may bring some unique twists for types of games that are made for the system.

I think it's a bit weird that Nintendo is releasing a second portable system along side the Game Boy products. I don't think Nintendo needs two portable systems...they are already doing fine with the Game Boy Advance.

Nintendo stated that the DS will be the "3rd pillar" in their system lineup (Game Boy and their home consoles being the first 2 pillars). Nintendo also stated that the DS may decide the fate of their company--meaning that Nintendo's success may depend on if the DS succeeds.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 2/23/2004 3:00:24 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 06:08:12 PM »
Yeah, I'm kinda scared and excited at the same time.  And with the PSP...
 n/a

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 01:09:44 PM »
So by Nintendo stating that their future success depends upon the popularity of the DS, does that mean if the DS fails then Nintendo fails?

Nintendo is being too pessemistic lately.

=============================================
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 11:05:44 PM »
More like MARIO MANIAC is being too pessimistic lately.

The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2004, 02:48:46 PM »
I hope I'm not embarrassing myself by asking this, but... what's a DS?

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004, 04:57:38 PM »
Consider yourself officially embarrassed.

My other signature is a Porsche.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 07:37:24 PM »
Well, where can I find out about it?

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2004, 09:43:29 PM »
<a href="http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/157413_nintendo21.html">Nintendo DS report[/url]

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004, 09:43:32 PM »
Nintendo DS report

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004, 01:56:49 PM »
What did Nintendo mean when they said the Nintendo DS "will decide the fate of the company"?

Does that mean if the DS fails, then Nintendo fails? Noooooooooo!!!!!!!! It can't be; don't put all your last efforts on the DS, please noooooooo!!!!

=============================================

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2004, 02:03:47 PM »
Where did you hear that the DS will decide the fate of Nintendo?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2004, 08:45:59 PM »
I read that in an official press release from Nintendo.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2004, 05:41:01 PM »
What press release? I never heard of such a release stating that.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2004, 11:18:55 PM »
Mario Maniac: Go jump in a lake.
That was a joke.

Print