Print

Author Topic: The fight for freedom.  (Read 4282 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: May 12, 2003, 07:40:10 PM »
This is a fanfic about The Kirby cartoon. Mario and Luigi and other characters star in it also, though not right away.

Chapter 1:  Trouble arrives.
It was a beautiful day in the kingdom of Dreamland.  The cappies were lying in the sun without a care in the world.  Suddenly, the sky got dark.  Out from the clouds emerged the ugly, red eyed figure that can only be described as:  The pizza guy!  No, just kidding.  It was Dark Matter!
       He was... well, I won't say it here.
He was the black blob that had been terrorizing the citizens of Dreamland with his monsters from Nightmare Enterprises.  Until one day,  When a pink hero named Kirby crashed his starship in Cappytown.  Now at first, his enemies, and the cappies saw Kirby as a harmless pink baby.  But he soon proved them wrong by kicking monster butt using 24 copy abilities.
      Getting to the story at hand, Kirby had grown up since his first day in Cappytown.  He was hanging out with Tiff and Tuff, his only non-cappy friends at the Cappytown arena watching Super Smash Stadium.  The Super smashers wondered why they only had 3 fans in Cappytown.  After the match, they recieved some disturbing news from Rick the hamster.
Rick: Hello, mates!
Tuff:  Hi Rick! What brings you here?
Rick: Actually, it's bad news.
Tiff: What is it Rick?
Kirby:  Come on, Rick man! Tell us!
Rick:  Some dark figure that only Kirby knows, has come to the village. Rumor has it, he's the same boy/ girl/thing is the same one who has been sending those N.M.E.
monsters.
Tiff: What do you want us for?
Rick: He wants to challenge Kirby. He says: Bring on the copy abilities!  I am immune to all of them!
Tiff Tuff and Kirby ran to castle Dedede.
When they got there, they heard a scream.  When they entered their parents' bedroom, they saw their dad, Sir Ebrum, laying on the floor in a pool of his own crimson blood.
Their mother, Lady Like, was screaming bloody murder.
Tiff:  Oh my gosh!  What happened here?
LL: (Not lolo, lady like)  It was, a dark ghastly figure.  He... came and.. tried to kill both of us!
Tuff:  Looks like he got one of you.  Oh dad!
Kirby was silent.  They decided to go see King Dedede.
Tiff: KIng Dedede!  Do you know anything about this Dark figure?
Dedede: No, I don't. Leave, now!
Tiff: You know something about this guy!!!! Tell us now!!!!
Dedede:  Okay.  I'll tell you all that I know.
He proceeded to tell all that he knew about the dark boy.  It was a loooooooong story.
Dedede:  And that is all I know about this Dark matter person.
Suddenly, they all were  laying on the floor.
Dark Matter was in the house, and he zapped them!
DM: hooo hooo ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Whew!  That was a long first chapter.  I should be posting this on Kirby's rainbow resort!  So, whaddya think?

Long live the Mario Brothers!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 07:46:56 PM »
It's pretty good, although I don't know much about the Kirby series other than who several of the characters are. Nevertheless, please continue. :)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2003, 09:10:25 AM »
I think I'll post chapter 2 later today.
I didn't really have any concerns about people not liking the story.  But I was kind of nervous posting a Kirby topic on a Mario forum.

Long live the Mario Brothers!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 09:00:29 PM »
I've decided to continue my story. No questions asked.  Without further ado, here's chapter 2!  This one is shorter, though.

Chapter 2: The chapter that just occupies the space between the 1st and 3rd chapters.

Dark Matter had just zapped all the good guys. But I don't know if Dedede should count as a good guy.  Anyway, DM was getting ****y.
DM: Ha ha ha ha!  Now I will destroy all the citizens of this world.
But then a figure, no, two figures appeared behind him.  One of them slapped DM in the head.
Cappy #1: Dude, take a chill pill!
DM: Shut your mouth! No one defies the great Dark Matter!
Me: Great, no. Almighty...no.  Flabby slbby crabby idiot, oh yeah man!
DM:  You stay out of this Jamn!
Me: That's Jman you ieediot.
DM:  Ignore him.
Cappy #2: Oh no! I found Sir Ebrum's family lying on the floor in the King's master bedroom!
DM:  That was me.  No praise necessary.
Cappy#1: Praise? No you son of a bum! We're going to kill you!
DM: Oh yeah? Superzap!
After several screams of agony, as the electricity tore through their insides, both Cappies were dead.  Meanwhile, we join the sad scene of a various cappy's funeral.  Of course, DM was to blame.  Everyone except Sir Ebrum's family, who were all still out, attended.  But, wouldn't you know it, Dark matter crashed the funeral and the cappies had to make 10 more cappy funeral arrangements.
cappy #3(1 and 2 are dead.): Man, we are really behind on the burial thing.
No doubt about it, the fight for freedom had begun.
Okay, so it wasn't that short, but the original script was tiny, so I had to add some changes in Dialogue.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:22:21 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2003, 10:12:32 AM »
Wait, why did it censor the word Kocky?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:22:50 PM by Jman »

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2003, 10:37:09 AM »
I don't know. I guess if you take off the "y," it sees THAT as profane. It also bleeps out "s-exy".

...Yet what *I* don't get is that it DOESN'T bleep out the "d"-word and "h"-word. Both of those are profane. ...I can understand why it doesn't bleep the "a"-word, because that's actually a non-profane root, e.g. associate, assume. But, still.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2003, 11:40:33 AM »
So do you think if I wrote it as ****ie, it wouldn't be bleeped out?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:23:01 PM by Jman »

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2003, 11:44:59 AM »
...It DID bleep that out. It only bleeps out the c-o-c-k part of it, because it only sees that part as profane. Example that happened to me: fruit ****tail

--------------------

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2003, 12:23:44 PM »
lololol nope irrelevant
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:23:33 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2003, 06:19:57 PM »
Just a little spoiler: before all is said and done, one of the main characters loses their life.  That's right, dies!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:23:46 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2003, 07:18:48 PM »
Without further ado, chapter 4, hot off the presses. I just typed this on Word.

Chapter 4: Rally the troops!

Dark Matter was feeling good and evil.  He had already disposed of 1/6 of the names in his little black book. This was the first blow in the fight for freedom.  Tiff and Tuff had avoided dying twice.  But Fighting DM's scheme was not going to be an easy task.
This would not be a simple fight, but in their hearts, they knew that good would triumph over evil.  It always does, or does it?
       We travel to the Mushroom Kingdom.  Mario had just beaten everyone in a game of Mario Party.  They were playing for the title of Superstar, again.  And Mario won... again.  Everyone else went back to his or her own planet. (Trust me. There was at least 30 characters playing MP.)
 Mario was being called by Princess Peach. (To understand why Peach is dead in The prophecy, but alive here, is to understand that this story took place a few years before the Prophecy, the story in which Peach dies .) Mario headed toward the castle. "So long Luigi!" He said to Luigi, who was following Daisy back to her castle. The Brothers spent the night at the respectful castles of Daisy and Peach.
     The next morning, they learned that, while Bowser was toying with the time space continuum, he was transported to Dreamland.
Mario: Dreamland?
Luigi: Come on, Daisy!  You too Peach! We are going to Dreamland. So they jumped through the portal, and landed in Castle Dedede. Tiff was holding a war meeting.
Tiff: Okay troops!  We need to figure out a way to defeat Dark Matter!
Tuff: I know! Let's make him watch Pokemon! He won't be able to stand that!
Tiff: Jman, do you have any ideas?
Me: I know exactly how to defeat him.
Tuff: Can you tell us how?
Me: I will give you a hint or two.
Actually, Metaknight can explain it better than I.
Tiff: Okay, but first let me introduce our newest recruits, Mario and Luigi!
Mario It's a me, Mario!
Luigi: And a me, Luigi!
Tiff: Okay, MK! tell us!
MK: DM is a very powerful monster. He is the head of N.M.E.  You can attack him, but not even the strongest training will be able to stop him. Only Kirby holds the power to defeat the Nightmare.
Tiff: Then we need to find Kirby!

Next: DM is pursuing Kirby to kill him! Can the group reach him in time? And what will be of their first battle against DM?  Also, What is the power Kirby holds that is strong enough to stop DM?  Find out on the next chapter!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:24:44 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2003, 05:35:08 PM »
Okay, I posted four chapters on the same day.
And My fingers still typed on.  So, has anyone checked out this fanfic?

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2003, 05:42:07 PM »
I'm reading.
AAAAHHHHH!!! We posted at the EXACT same time--minute and second!! You here and me in Mario Word Association!! 5/26/2003 4:35:08 PM!! Scary!!! @_@

--------------------

Jman

• Score
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2003, 01:06:55 PM »
yeah editied
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:25:39 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2003, 07:35:09 PM »
So, how do like the story so far? I have another fanfic up if you don't care for this one.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:21:17 PM by Jman »

Print