Print

Author Topic: Outrage at these converts  (Read 7947 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: May 23, 2003, 03:35:20 PM »
Edited because irrelevant.  God, I was such a n00b ten years ago...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:13:16 PM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 03:43:05 PM »
I agree with you. My brother is one of these "converts," though for PS2. He still thinks GameCube's okay, but that Xbox is stupid...well, not a good. It's hard to call a non-living object stupid, for what intelligence--high or little--can it have?

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 03:57:21 PM »
XBOX will never win! PS2 came first, so that means that the "new" Nintendo Gamecube wasen't good enough for the people copared to PS2. I love Nintendo, but when it comes to the three new systems PS2 is the best and XBOX is the worst.

It''s ah me Marioguy!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 04:27:52 PM »
One year (I think 1997), for my birthday, my mom bought me a Sony Playstation. I was pretty in to it for a while, but then I played a N64 game. I remember thinking holy crud these graphics are awesome! Well, shortly after that I bought my own N64. I've been 100% loyal to Nintendo ever since.

It seems that everyone I know is converting to Sony. Both of my friends who were loyal to Nintendo recently got PS2's. That just made me mad.

The good- Gamecube
The bad- PS2
The ugly- X Box

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 05:47:58 PM »
*Sigh* How many of these will there be?

It seems, you're not much different from those "converts" you dislike so much. In a matter of words, you've said that X-Box enthusiasts claim Nintendo is done, and denounce it. Yet, on the other hand, you call the X-Box "stupid." While it may not be exactly the same on the surface, are you not doing exactly what you're so much opposed?

Either way, I feel it's menial to argue over such things.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 05:56:31 PM »
Yeah, but Nintendo was here first. We're loyalists to the first ones here. :)
And this debate is getting old.
Clearly no one is going to change the other's mind, so for now, let's just agree to diagree. (I can't believe I'm saying this. Ah, I guess eventually I get sick of all the arguing.)

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 06:08:14 PM »
I'm just asking how some gamers can say Nintendo sucks and xbox's graphics are better?  Do graphics matter?  I'd rather own a good ol' NES than xbox any day.  Anyway, how can these people say other systems are better, when it was Nintendo that started the whole thing?  If it wasn't for Nintendo all you PS2 and Xbox lovers, there wouldn't be any of you.  There wouldn't be any video game fans unless you are talking about Atari or any arcade machine at your local arcade.
(Didn't mean to offend anyone, but that had to be said.)

P.s.  I knew I was going to get Criticized about this, and frankly, I don't care.

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.

Edited by - Jman on 5/23/2003 5:11:08 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2003, 06:10:55 PM »
That's what I was trying to say in shorter words. You did a better job, though.

--------------------

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 06:12:16 PM »
Why thank you Sapphira.  I guess I'm just an expert at ranting.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2003, 06:21:17 PM »
Once more, I prove myself to be a hypocrite and respond.

"I'm just asking how some gamers can say Nintendo sucks and xbox's graphics are better?"

People are shallow. It's as simple as that.

"Do graphics matter?"

No, they don't.

"Anyway, how can these people say other systems are better, when it was Nintendo that started the whole thing?"

Quite simply, why does it matter that Nintendo came first? That doesn't make them better, does it? Say, without Great Britian, there wouldn't be an America, yet, do you consider Britain to be better? You may, but not everyone does, which is my point. Being around longer doesn't necessarily make you better.

"If it wasn't for Nintendo all you PS2 and Xbox lovers, there wouldn't be any of you."

While you may be right, I can't say you are for sure. If Nintendo hadn't moved into the Video Game industry, who's to say someone else wouldn't have?

"There wouldn't be any video game fans unless you are talking about Atari or any arcade machine at your local arcade."

By your logic, wouldn't that make Atari better than Nintendo? I mean, it came first and all.

"(Didn't mean to offend anyone, but that had to be said.)"

Like-wise.

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/23/2003 5:22:09 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2003, 07:07:50 PM »
I am so sick of all this. But I'll put in an anecdote to pass the time.
I was at these people's house. They had Tony Hawk 4 on their PSX. After a bit, I commented on how shaky and blocky the textures were. For some reason, this went on to become a ridiculous discussion whether PlayStation or Nintendo 64 graphics were better. This person, who must be totally clueless, actually thinks that the PSX has better graphics than N64! Ah well.

Anyway, the point of this is: No point in trying to convince someone of something they simply won't listen to you about.

So please. No more of these pointless topics.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2003, 08:00:37 PM »
Ah, Chupperson Weird, playing the role of the mediator is a road I've traveled many times. However, while your advice is sound, it will be disregarded. That is the way it goes, around here; if one was humble enough to take your advice, they most likely wouldn't have posted in the first place.

I'll tell you straight up, my intention isn't to change anyone's mind. It's to defend my beliefs, and I'll end up doing so until it becomes apparent that one simply cannot defend their beliefs any longer. I will not say I'm right in doing this, but I won't say I'm wrong either. Stubbornness is a terrible burden, eh?

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/23/2003 7:01:50 PM

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2003, 08:05:49 PM »
I like Xbox,I dont mind playing one,but im a Nintendo loyalist!I hate Sony though,they should stick to TV's & VCR's.Xbox has good graphics,but Nintendo's got Mario,Zelda,StarFox,Metroid,Kirby...why do people say PSX & Xbox is better!?Mainly cause they havent played a game from any of the franchises ive mentioned here.

"One may as well hang for a stolen sheep as for a stolen lamb"
Ankle,Tingle younger brother,The Wind Waker
Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 08:09:05 PM »
Ah yes, I agree with you completely, Black Mage, on your last post.

--------------------

Jman

• Score
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2003, 08:10:44 PM »
You make a good point, Black Mage.  I'm just mad at the other companies. I was just blowing off some steam.

Edited by - Jman on 5/23/2003 7:13:13 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2003, 08:11:39 PM »
Yes, Black Mage, it is.
I'm in a similar situation on a Star Fox board I go to. To make a long story short, it's mainly one person saying "Krystal shouldn't be in Star Fox games," while I'm listing reasons she should be considered a "legitimate" part of the series. People have tried to tel us just to forget it, but I feel that I'll appear wishy-washy and uncaring about what I think. So I keep arguing. Stubbornness is indeed a terrible burden.
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2003, 08:13:56 PM »
Dang, two replies while I write my reply.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2003, 08:14:39 PM »
Hear, hear!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:26:29 PM by Jman »

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2003, 08:15:49 PM »
That happens to me a lot, too.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2003, 08:18:29 PM »
Heh, my school, being pretty much nothing but converts who now insult anyone who buys a NGC. The GBA is ok, though.

Bleh, I say that if your tastes change, go ahead and like whatever system you want. But under NO circumstances should you EVER:

1. Insult anyone who plays a system you "grew out of":
2. Insult anyone one for playing a game you "grew out of":
3. Insult anyone for doing anything you don't like.

Of course, my class does all 3. Shallow [explitive]s. Here's an actual quote by at least 10 people from my high school class (And this has almost become a joke around my class... everyone LOVES to watch me flip out over insignificant things.) regarding the TV show American Idol. (If you don't like AI... don't say anything. I mean, reality crap is big in our school for some reason.)

(Edited for inappropriate language, even on my part)

Classmate: Who do you want to win American Idol?
Shallow Idiot #1: Ruben! Of course!
Me: Why's that?
SI #1: Because I don't want that f____t Clay to win! I mean, look at him! He wears eye shadow! He shouldn't win just for that!
Me: Wait a second. Your judging a SINGING contest by how the contestants LOOK? You're so f___ing shallow.
SI #1: F___ing f____t doesn't deserve to win anything.
SI #2: Yes, are you saying you're gay, Steve? I mean, you want the f__ to win.
SI #3: Steve's a homo!
Me: THAT'S IT! F____ YOU ALL! I'm no longer considering myself a member of the dumbest class on our school's history. When I get home, I'm ripping the "05" off my letter jacket. (I never did)
SI #3: Wait, so you're going back to the class of '06?
SI #2: No, you're just mad because we found out your secret.

See what I have to put up with in my school? And THAT is why I don't have a GameCube. Of course, my class dropped the gay rumors about 2 days after this conversation, but I still hate my shallow idiot class.

*sigh* You all think it's easy for someone like me to just go out and buy a GameCube. It's not. You don't know how judgmental my classmates are. By Class of '05 logic, I'm a bad mathematican because I have brown hair. (Makes no sense, I know. And it's absurd. But that's how my class thinks.)

Well, I dragged a perfectly good thread well off topic. The AI convo is only meant to show you all how idiotic my clasmates are... and THAT is why there's so many converts there.

EDIT: Wow. 7 replies whilst I typed this. Amazing.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.

Edited by - Insane Steve on 5/23/2003 7:19:24 PM
~I.S.~

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2003, 08:27:22 PM »
"SI #3: Wait, so you're going back to the class of '06?"

Sorry, Insane Steve, but I must admit, that quote struck me as quite comical.

However, I do see where you're coming from. Putting up with such idiocy is quite common now days, and becomes part of everyone's day. Yet, I don't find that enough reason to not buy something you want. You're classmates are idiots, that we've established, so why do their opinions matter so much? Granted, you'd have to put up with their remarks for a bit, but judging from this situation, they would die-down in a relatively short period of time. I mean, they seem to like to move from one thing to the next, and I can't see someone with their mental capabilities sticking to one thing for very long.

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/23/2003 7:28:29 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2003, 08:28:03 PM »
Heheheh...American Idol has been talked about ALL THE TIME, EVERYWHERE here, recently. The again, Clay's from my town, so that'd make sense. :)

And thank you for editing that language, Steve. :)  Your classmates are so shallow. And just because they think GCN's "gay," that shouldn't prevent you from getting one. How would they ever know, anyway? No offense, but if you're that insecure about it, you don't HAVE to tell them.

--------------------

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2003, 08:33:22 PM »
That Idol show's just popped up in Australia,its probably just like Big Brother,bad!!I'd never want to be a singing star!!!

Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2003, 08:33:35 PM »
Gah! You posted too fast! Anyway, that's what I've been wondering, too, Steve. If you hate them and define them as shallow idiots, why would you care so much about what they think?

"If one argues with an idiot, that makes HIM or HER an idiot, too."

--------------------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2003, 08:39:35 PM »
I believe that Steve has said that he doesn't directly care what his "classmates" think, but it's the fact that they won't leave him alone about it and stuff like that.
That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2003, 08:53:48 PM »
Funny things happen at my school.The year 10's come into the subschool,probably to tease people,then there eyes light up!On the laptop kids laptops...is Kirby!There saying like "Whoa dude!Its Kirby!" & stuff like that.

Find your inner monkey.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2003, 08:55:15 PM »
Yes, that is exactly correct. While I don't directly take their advice on the matter (I.E., I'm not going to say something like "Oh, I'm not buying a GameCube because my classmates don't like it!") ... it's their reaction to it that I'm afraid of. That conversation was an attempt to show you how they think. You say something they disagree with, and you're automatically a homo. That's how it is in our school! I'd probably lose about half my semi-friends if I DID buy a NGC. And given my social status in my school, I can't afford to lose any semi-friends.

And it's not as easy as "Don't tell anyone about it." Someone will find out, even if I don't invite anyone to my house. My school is quite nosey.

Anyways, it is for these reasons that I won't say ANYTHING about my favorite media things, either. For example:

Q: What's your favorite movie?
A: I haven't the attention span for movies. I have ADD, remember?

Q: What's your favorite TV show?
A: I like the Simpsons, and a few other things. (Although I won't say my "other" favorite shows. I have 2 others. Nothing "childish", though.)

Q: What kind of music do you like?
A: I like most music... Except Destniy's Child. (In actuality, I like a wide range of more "intellectual music" like Classical (some of it, anyways), and one of my favorite CDs is the CD from the musical "Blast!" ... essentially a drum corps like show. Of course, I don't say this, because I know I'd be insulted by everyone for not liking rap where everyone swears about 4 times a sentence.)

Q: What's your favorite video game?
A: Well... I like most Mario games. And a few others. Basically, everything that isn't an FPS or sports game. (Vague, yes. I'm surprised I tell them about the Mario. And yes, I do take flack for even THAT.)

So yes, I don't like my class much because of they way they judge you on really pointless things. Here's one of my Ten Rules Of Living: (A list I have SOMEWHERE)

"Don't judge others by what they like, judge them by what they ARE like."

Of course, my classmates obviously don't follow that at all.

~I.S.~

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2003, 09:12:03 PM »
The kids at my school dont like me(a third of my grade dosent like me)I dont know why,& there all from tootgarook,a town on the penninsula.my frends dont mind me talking about mario.The laptop gtrade in my subschool love talking about zelda,& theres this kid from Canada who loves Nintendo...but he wants an Xbox....but I still keep talking about Wind Waker to him so he might change his mind & buy Gamecube.

Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2003, 09:21:44 PM »
Wow. I'd hate to be at your school. I vaugely remember you saying something like your life was "ruined at the tender age of..."...I can't remember the age you said. But still, no wonder you're so insecure about that stuff.

If they ever prodded and insulted me like that, I just wouldn't say anything about what I like. I'm STILL a bit cautious, but not as much anymore.
If they don't like me for what I like, THEY'RE the ones with the problem, not me, and that's their own problem. Then again, I pretty secure. Luckily I'm quieter, so I usually keep my mouth shut in the first place. When people ask me questions about what I like, I'm VERY, VERY vague.

Music? I dunno, really.
TV show? (Now THAT I'm open to, since most people like the shows I like.) Simpson's, Friends, SNL...(I have more, but those are the most popular, so I don't say anything more.
Movie?: Wow. Too many to choose from. ...Probably Austin Powers 3: Goldmember. (once again, another popular thing)
Video Games? Mostly Action/Adventure.

...And I leave it at that. They usually don't pry too much. That, and I don't have a hard time saying "no" to people.

Usually, I only make VERY subtle hints about what I like or believe in. Once I realize someone else has the same interest (usually by them--and only them--picking up on these hints), it is then that I speak up openly.

While I care what people think about me, if they're an idiot, their opinion is invalid. If they don't like something I like, that's still not gonna stop me from liking it.

--------------------

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2003, 09:24:43 PM »
 Hm, it seems that you're in quite the predicament. However, if these people judge you on such things, then why would you want them as even "Semi-friends." I'd say go out and buy a Game Cube, I'm sure you'd be surprised at the results.

However, that's easier said then done, isn't it? I can say that, because I'm not the one in your situation. If you honestly feel you're at the risk of losing anyone you've considered a friend, then I guess it's not worth the risk. However, I find that hard to believe. There must be people in your class that wouldn't judge you on such low standards.

So, I guess my advice to you would be to go out and buy one. Yet, I can't say that, as I know I wouldn't be able to take such a risk. I guess only time will tell, however, I think that you'd be pleasantly surprised as to how many of your friends you'd still have after the whole situation would blow over.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2003, 09:38:07 PM »
Yes, the problem with the "idiot's opinions are invalid" logic is that in my class, a LOT of people are idiots. Plus, they'll spread nasty rumors about you to the "non-idiots" to try to convince them that you're a bad overall person.

And that age is 8. I went to a different school system back then. Little has changed.

Anyways, although I rarely state my opinions on the media, I am VERY articulate on my opinions on the issues of society. In fact, at least twice a day I see myself going on and on and on about something like reverse racism (The fact that blacks can racially insult whites, but not vice versa), Affirmative action (The college's way of making people equal by giving certain groups advantages), our legal system (All felons should be executed), etc. I mean, I'll go on and on. My ideas are so radical at times that sometimes I even make my teachers afraid.

For example, in Language today we discussed the problems in society (My 2nd wheelhouse, behind mathematics) the whole period. This was my closing comment:

1. You know, [Lea] brought up a point that the only way to prevent your kids from learning about drugs was to lock them in a closet. If you did that, you'd get charged with child neglect and thrown in jail for a longer time than your typical double murderer.

*class erupts in laughter*

[The second point I brought up isn't really appropriate for the boards, nor is it pertinent, either.]

3. You know how I thik we can remove drugs in society while making us an overall better race in the future? I say we make private use of all recreational drugs legal. Of course, only private use. Anyone caught using the drugs in public would be arested an jailed. *mumbling by classmates* You know how that would work? All the stoners with no future would become addicted, and die before 30. Most of these "bad" individuals wouldn't have the chance to reproduce. However, all those intelligent individuals that avoid drugs... they, in 300 or 500 years, would not only make a far superior human race, but the desire to do drugs would decrease. It's a win-win situation!

At that point, the whole class went into an uproar of why this wouldn't work, or why they found it funny.

What does that have to do with anything? Shows you how radically I think. I mean, that is a relatively tame comment for me. My openness on social issues compared to my likes and dislikes is so vast it can't be expressed in written language.

~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2003, 09:39:00 PM »
If your "semi-friends" judge you for your differences, then they really wouldn't be your friends now, would they? A friend is someone who accepts your good traits and flaws and alike. I don't always agree with all my friends, but that doesn't mean I stop liking them when we disagree. You will NEVER find someone who agrees COMPLETELY with you in EVERYTHING.

I've lost many friends like that; they stop liking me because we disagree on something. I say, if they think of me that way, then I don't need them; they were never a true friend in the first place. I move on and stick by my true friends in the meantime.

I'm sure there ARE people in your school who ARE the perfect friend type. You just have to look for them. I can always tell what a person's like by their mannerism and attitude. Sadly, their are not enough *TRUE* friends in this world...

--------------------

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2003, 09:45:36 PM »
Whoops. You posted too fast.
Wow, with all that passion, you should read that "religion" topic for some debating... ...Although that might not be a very good idea. May there be mercy on us all...

--------------------

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2003, 09:46:26 PM »
Yes, and to everyone who says I should ditch my semi-friends: It's really nice when you have some 5 people to talk with and everyone else insults you based on low standards; and everyone else is friends with everyone else in the grade (Or at leat the honors classes.)

And all those people that judge based on "higher" standards are:

1. My friends. Not true friends... I don't go out with them, or do anything with them, but I do talk with them a lot.
2. Afraid of me. I do make rather... interesting points.
3. Disliking of me because of the way I sometimes act... overbearing without realising it?

So yes. I am in a rather ... interesting social situation. Hard to describe. If I even had average self-esteem, I'd be happily playing SMS or AC on a GameCube right now. Unfortunatly, I see myself as worthless A LOT. And I epend too much on other people's views of me, regardless of how idiotic they are. So yes. I am not your typical person.

~I.S.~

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2003, 09:53:23 PM »
You see, bettering our race through the death of our "defects" has been tried once before. If I recall, they called themselves Nazis.

"You know how I thik we can remove drugs in society while making us an overall better race in the future? I say we make private use of all recreational drugs legal. Of course, only private use. Anyone caught using the drugs in public would be arested an jailed...."

I'm with you, at least, up until here. We should make it legal. People will do it anyways, why not tax it?

"...You know how that would work? All the stoners with no future would become addicted, and die before 30. Most of these "bad" individuals wouldn't have the chance to reproduce. However, all those intelligent individuals that avoid drugs... they, in 300 or 500 years, would not only make a far superior human race, but the desire to do drugs would decrease. It's a win-win situation!"

You see, this is where I find the resemblance to "Aryan-thought." While it's not as radical as the holocaust (Nor do I think you intended it this way), but the concept is the same. By killing off the undesirable parts of humanity, we will better our race. I don't feel, in any circumstance, that we could possibly better ourselves by killing anyone. Instead of letting these people smoke, snort, inject, etc. themselves to death, we should offer aid and help to such people. Help them get off the dependency of such terrible drugs. Why let them die when we can try to help them?

Don't get me wrong, Insane Steve, I have the utmost respect for you and your opinions, and I don't think you intended that this way, however it strikes me as similar, and so, I express my opinions.

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/23/2003 9:03:29 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2003, 10:06:11 PM »
Aww...I feel really bad for people with low self-esteem. I wish there were a way I could boost it for people... But that's hard to do since it's how you see YOURSELF.
I mean, I'm my own worst critic, but luckily I have a high self-esteem, which I'm glad is kept in check so that I'm not arrogant. :)

The key is: stop insulting yourself. That will only make it worse. The more you think lowly of yourself, the lower your esteem will sink. Try to point out the good things about yourself; don't be so pessimistic. EVERYONE has something good about himself, but if you're only looking at the bad, that good will be covered in a goo so thick with each insult, eventually you will only see the goo.
I'm not an optimist; I'm about half-half. Luckily my (stuggling) optimism usually eventually overpowers my pessimism.

Here, Steve, I'll start by giving you an esteem booster. I'm being sincere, too.
I think you're a very smart person. You know stuff about math I'll never be able to figure out on my own, and you're a grade younger than me.
From what I've seen in "The Third Attempt", you're also a talented author.
While your ideas may be a bit...brash..., some are funny and have an interesting point if you think about it.

--------------------

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2003, 10:49:15 PM »
*sigh*

(Insert post that took 40 minutes to type here)

This post was supposed to be an explanation of EVERYTHING that is wrong with me... why I have no self-esteem, why I am an eternal pessimist, why I think like that about the drugs, etc. Of course, some two sentences before I was going to post it, my [explitive] computer froze. I lost everything I typed. 40 minutes wasted. And you all won't see why I think this way because my computer froze on me.

I apologize for all of you who waited 30 minutes for my intelligent reply; it looks like my computer denied that from me.

~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2003, 11:38:11 PM »
Ah... I know what you mean. I HATE it when that happens. Now, whenever I write a long, complicated post, I put it on a Word document, then copy-paste it.

Speaking of long, time consuming posts, I just spent about 40 minutes answering one of your questions in the "religion" thread. I certainly hope you'll read it and reply.

--------------------

Jman

• Score
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2003, 06:48:36 PM »
The reason why xbox is not going to win the console battle:  They have a bunch of single game characters.  Sure there's crash Bandicoot who has his own series, but it seems some characters are there for 1 game, then they are dropped by Microsoft. Sure, Ness was only in one game, but then he was brought back for SSB and SSBM.  What I'm trying to say is: Nintendo has characters like Kirby and Mario that have been in multiple games.  Xbox has some single game characters.  So does Nintendo.  But at least Nintendo's single game characters, like Ness, are good enough to be brought back years later.  I Guarantee you won't see a sequel to that Kung foo game for xbox.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2003, 08:17:09 PM »
Correction: Ness has been in two games of his own, and they're making another one.

Have you not heard of Mother, a.k.a. EarthBound Zero?
That was a joke.

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2003, 05:43:33 PM »
Jman is a retard! Duh, Game Cube has no chance compared to PS2 and XBOX, but let's see a more positive way: Nintendo can destroy Microsoft and Sony in gaming is sinch. Those companies have to pay attention to their other products and can't do that well in the video gaming world. But ya never knows, pineapples might destroy the world before Sony and Microsoft are gone from the video gaming world.

It''s ah me Marioguy! I''m also the master of Tetris Attack!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Print