Print

Author Topic: Outrage at these converts  (Read 7917 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: May 23, 2003, 03:35:20 PM »
Edited because irrelevant.  God, I was such a n00b ten years ago...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:13:16 PM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 03:43:05 PM »
I agree with you. My brother is one of these "converts," though for PS2. He still thinks GameCube's okay, but that Xbox is stupid...well, not a good. It's hard to call a non-living object stupid, for what intelligence--high or little--can it have?

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 03:57:21 PM »
XBOX will never win! PS2 came first, so that means that the "new" Nintendo Gamecube wasen't good enough for the people copared to PS2. I love Nintendo, but when it comes to the three new systems PS2 is the best and XBOX is the worst.

It''s ah me Marioguy!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 04:27:52 PM »
One year (I think 1997), for my birthday, my mom bought me a Sony Playstation. I was pretty in to it for a while, but then I played a N64 game. I remember thinking holy crud these graphics are awesome! Well, shortly after that I bought my own N64. I've been 100% loyal to Nintendo ever since.

It seems that everyone I know is converting to Sony. Both of my friends who were loyal to Nintendo recently got PS2's. That just made me mad.

The good- Gamecube
The bad- PS2
The ugly- X Box

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 05:47:58 PM »
*Sigh* How many of these will there be?

It seems, you're not much different from those "converts" you dislike so much. In a matter of words, you've said that X-Box enthusiasts claim Nintendo is done, and denounce it. Yet, on the other hand, you call the X-Box "stupid." While it may not be exactly the same on the surface, are you not doing exactly what you're so much opposed?

Either way, I feel it's menial to argue over such things.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 05:56:31 PM »
Yeah, but Nintendo was here first. We're loyalists to the first ones here. :)
And this debate is getting old.
Clearly no one is going to change the other's mind, so for now, let's just agree to diagree. (I can't believe I'm saying this. Ah, I guess eventually I get sick of all the arguing.)

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 06:08:14 PM »
I'm just asking how some gamers can say Nintendo sucks and xbox's graphics are better?  Do graphics matter?  I'd rather own a good ol' NES than xbox any day.  Anyway, how can these people say other systems are better, when it was Nintendo that started the whole thing?  If it wasn't for Nintendo all you PS2 and Xbox lovers, there wouldn't be any of you.  There wouldn't be any video game fans unless you are talking about Atari or any arcade machine at your local arcade.
(Didn't mean to offend anyone, but that had to be said.)

P.s.  I knew I was going to get Criticized about this, and frankly, I don't care.

"You can''t kill a real American hero, you rube!
--Zok the Alien, my original character.

Edited by - Jman on 5/23/2003 5:11:08 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2003, 06:10:55 PM »
That's what I was trying to say in shorter words. You did a better job, though.

--------------------

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 06:12:16 PM »
Why thank you Sapphira.  I guess I'm just an expert at ranting.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2003, 06:21:17 PM »
Once more, I prove myself to be a hypocrite and respond.

"I'm just asking how some gamers can say Nintendo sucks and xbox's graphics are better?"

People are shallow. It's as simple as that.

"Do graphics matter?"

No, they don't.

"Anyway, how can these people say other systems are better, when it was Nintendo that started the whole thing?"

Quite simply, why does it matter that Nintendo came first? That doesn't make them better, does it? Say, without Great Britian, there wouldn't be an America, yet, do you consider Britain to be better? You may, but not everyone does, which is my point. Being around longer doesn't necessarily make you better.

"If it wasn't for Nintendo all you PS2 and Xbox lovers, there wouldn't be any of you."

While you may be right, I can't say you are for sure. If Nintendo hadn't moved into the Video Game industry, who's to say someone else wouldn't have?

"There wouldn't be any video game fans unless you are talking about Atari or any arcade machine at your local arcade."

By your logic, wouldn't that make Atari better than Nintendo? I mean, it came first and all.

"(Didn't mean to offend anyone, but that had to be said.)"

Like-wise.

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/23/2003 5:22:09 PM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2003, 07:07:50 PM »
I am so sick of all this. But I'll put in an anecdote to pass the time.
I was at these people's house. They had Tony Hawk 4 on their PSX. After a bit, I commented on how shaky and blocky the textures were. For some reason, this went on to become a ridiculous discussion whether PlayStation or Nintendo 64 graphics were better. This person, who must be totally clueless, actually thinks that the PSX has better graphics than N64! Ah well.

Anyway, the point of this is: No point in trying to convince someone of something they simply won't listen to you about.

So please. No more of these pointless topics.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2003, 08:00:37 PM »
Ah, Chupperson Weird, playing the role of the mediator is a road I've traveled many times. However, while your advice is sound, it will be disregarded. That is the way it goes, around here; if one was humble enough to take your advice, they most likely wouldn't have posted in the first place.

I'll tell you straight up, my intention isn't to change anyone's mind. It's to defend my beliefs, and I'll end up doing so until it becomes apparent that one simply cannot defend their beliefs any longer. I will not say I'm right in doing this, but I won't say I'm wrong either. Stubbornness is a terrible burden, eh?

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/23/2003 7:01:50 PM

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2003, 08:05:49 PM »
I like Xbox,I dont mind playing one,but im a Nintendo loyalist!I hate Sony though,they should stick to TV's & VCR's.Xbox has good graphics,but Nintendo's got Mario,Zelda,StarFox,Metroid,Kirby...why do people say PSX & Xbox is better!?Mainly cause they havent played a game from any of the franchises ive mentioned here.

"One may as well hang for a stolen sheep as for a stolen lamb"
Ankle,Tingle younger brother,The Wind Waker
Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 08:09:05 PM »
Ah yes, I agree with you completely, Black Mage, on your last post.

--------------------

Jman

• Score
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2003, 08:10:44 PM »
You make a good point, Black Mage.  I'm just mad at the other companies. I was just blowing off some steam.

Edited by - Jman on 5/23/2003 7:13:13 PM

Print