Print

Author Topic: The mushroom Kingdom conquest.  (Read 5978 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: May 30, 2003, 10:55:02 AM »
cast: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Wario, Waluigi, Bowser and you never know who'll show up in my stories.

Prelude to story.

It was a dark and stormy night.  Suddenly a shot rang out!  Peach screamed.  Suddenly, Bowser's doomship appeared on the horizon.
"Ha ha ha ha!" He laughed. "Oh no! Bowser's back!" Toad yelled. "That's right!" Bowser said. "And now, I shall conquer this kingdom!
Mwa ha ha ha ha!"

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:03:51 PM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 12:11:28 PM »
Here's the first chapter.

Chapter 1: Once upon an unusual capture.

For many years, the Mushroom Kingdom had been a place of solitude, good times, and the location of some of the the greatest video games of all time.  But today, all of that would change.
  <P>   Bowser had invaded the Mushroom Kingdom for the ??? time. (Only Mr. Miyamoto knows.)
And he brought his koopa kids with him!
<P>"You will all surrender, or die!" Bowser's loud voice boomed across the land.
"Never!" Mario yelled. "We've always been able to defeat you! And this time will be no different!"  "Oh, but this time will be much different! Mua hahahaha!" Bowser yelled.  <P>Bowser had built an iron claw device like in those play until you win candy machines.  He had been rebuilding his doomship since it was destroyed in SMB3.  The Iron claw shot down like a snake and grabbed Mario.
"Like I said, much different! Bwa hahahaha!"
Luigi was mad.  "Hey, give back Mario!" He yelled.  Bowser just took off on the doomship.  Luigi jumped, and barely made it onto the doomship.  "Well, I'm safe, for now!" He said.  He tried to sneak past the guards.  "Hey!  It's a tall guy in a green suit! Get him!"  They ran toward Luigi.  <P>Luigi, thinking these koopa troopas were rookies, decided to try and trick them.
"Wait," he said, "I'm not Luigi."  The troopas looked confused. "No, I'm... Wario!
Luigi is on an Island in his castle!  He's wearing a yellow hat, yellow shirt, and purple overalls."  "Okay, let's go!" Said a Koopa troopa.  So they both jumped off the doomship, and fell 30,000 feet to their deaths. (They were eaten by a pirhana plant.)
<P>Luigi needed to find Mario.  But they were at Bowser's castle, so he would have to stay hidden.  He would have to contact the others, somehow. He decided to hide in the castle basement.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:04:28 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 04:15:29 PM »
Here's the next chapter.

Chapter 2: Bowser's plot thickens.

Bowser had captured Mario (see first chapter)
and now, he was thinking how he could rule the Mushroom Kingdom without Mario to interfere.

Meanwhile, Luigi was planning how to save Mario,while he was hiding in the dark desolate basement of Bowser's castle.  "Hmmmm, how can I save Mario from Bowser?"  He thought to himself.  Suddenly, he heard footsteps.  "Uh oh! better hide!" He said.  It was Roy Koopa, coming down to the dungeon.  Luigi reached in his pocket and found a cape feather. He then flew up into the storage part of the dungeon.

Again meanwhile, Princess Peach and Toad were also thinking how to save Mario. "This is so hard." said Peach. "Yeah," said Toad. "Usually, you're the helpless damsel in distress."  "Hey watch your smart mouth, Toad!" Peach said as she whacked him with a Sledge hammer.  Toad was not moving. "Toad, Toad? TOAD??! Oh no," Peach started to sob, "What have I done?"  Suddenly, she threw the sledge hammer up in the air. It came down and hit her in the head. She was unconsious.  Toad woke up and saw Baby Bowser's spirit fly out of her head.  "That explains her crabbiness." Toad said.

I'm not going to say meanwhile. (Dang, I just said it!) We go to Bowser's castle.  On the left is a moat full of lava.  On the right, Pirahna pit, a million pirahna plants ready to eat.  Bowser was busy choosing which to throw his captives, a few anonymous mushroom Kingdomers, into.  "Hmmm, Hmmmm." The Koopa king was deep in thought.  Back in the basement, Luigi was also deep in thought, on how to avoid being captured.  He had barely escaped Roy Koopa's flashlight.  Luigi found a secret passage.  He flew up with his cape.  He was in Bowser's throne room.  "Good, looks like Bowser's outside or something."  Luigi took his cellular shopper (From Mario Party 3.) out of his pocket. He dialed Toad's item shop.  "I hope this works!" He said.  Someone came on the line. "Hello, Toad's item shop! How may I help you?"  It was Toad!  "Toad!" Luigi said.
"Luigi!  Where the heck are you?"  Toad yelled.  "Shhh!  I'm inside Bowser's castle looking for Mario!" Luigi said. There was somebody coming.  "Blast it!  Listen Toad, come here with an army A.S.A.P!"  "Okay Luigi! Luigi, Luigi?" Toad was cut off.  Because Roy had smashed Luigi's cell phone.
         So, how's the story so far?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:04:59 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 09:10:19 AM »
So, who's reading this story?  I decided to do a Mario fic, because I ran out of ideas (Which rarely happens to me) for my other story, "The fight for Freedom."(By the way, I was also inspired by Sapphira to post my story.)

Funny thing is, I didn't write this before posting it.  This fanfic is straight out of my mind.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:05:50 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2003, 07:12:25 PM »
I guess I should have advertised my fanfic better than I did. I have 4 posts and they are all mine.

Chapter 3: Toad to the rescue!
"Luigi? Luigi?" Toad was still shouting into his phone.  Luigi's phone was smashed by Roy Koopa, and that's where we stand.

"So, you were thinkin' of bringin' help?"
Roy said. "Too bad. I destroyed your cellphone!"
"I'm well aware of that you idiot!" Luigi shouted in disgust.  Roy called in the koopa troopas and they hauled Luigi's sorry hide down to the dungeon.

Bowser was very delighted when he found out that Luigi was captured.
"Roy," he said. "You deserve a promotion."
"I name you... servantboy! hahahahaha!"
"But," said Roy. "Shut up servant boy and fetch me a sandwich!" Bowser said.
Standing behind a pole in the castle was the ever mysterious Meta Knight.  "It is no wonder Bowser is hated by some of his children, he treats them like crap!" Meta Knight said.
        Toad was packing some items into a suitcase.  He had fireflowers, cape feathers, Tanooki suits, you name a Mario game item, it was in there.  "Okay!  It's Toad to the rescue!"  Toad started lugging his suitcase down the road.

Back at the castle, we see Mario for the first time since chapter 1.  He is bruised from being beaten and flogged with baseball bats, sledgehammers, and all of Bowser's Koopa kids. (Actually, he kicked Koopa kid butt, until Lemmy Koopa caught him off guard with a sledgehammer.)  He was silent in his thoughts. "I will destroy Bowser when I am freed! ow! I WILL KNOCK HIM INTO HIS OWN LAVA!!!!"  Mario felt pain in every part of his body.  So he passed out.
  Bowser came into the room.  "He's dead. I killed him!"  Bowser was stunned. "Or is he?"
A mysterious figure appeared behind Bowser.

So, how's the fanfic so far? Can I get a post from one (if any) of my readers?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:08:17 PM by Jman »

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2003, 07:46:37 PM »
Ah yes, sorry. I am reading, and I keep forgetting to post.

I like it, although, as I have said before, the chapters are a bit short for my tastes. Although that doesn't distract from the story.

This is kind of similar in style to my first EVER fanfic. (I.E., it incorporates a few things from the real world. Like the cellphone.) I like the style. Nice job thus far.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2003, 09:20:06 PM »
Sounds pretty good so far. Although IMO, it's a bit too...fast paced. Your style is similar to that of my very first (but failed) fanfic.

Sorry; I haven't been posting much in the story boards lately. To be honest, I kinda need a break from fanfics for a while. There are so many continuing stories (not just in this forum) that I'm gonna start getting them mixed up. I've also been working on mine, which has also a reason why I've taken a break from other stories.

Nevertheless, I encourage you to continue. (And I'm flattered that my story has inspired you to write. ;D )

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2003, 07:16:52 AM »
Yeah, I'll try and make longer chapters.
The reason why it seems so fast paced, is because this is my mind in action. No paper, no pencils, just a computer, a keyboard, and my mind.  But I'll try and slow it down a little.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:17:48 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2003, 07:23:29 AM »
And Steve, That really shouldn't count as a real world item because it was a cellular shopper. But I guess the way Luigi used it to call Toad, maybe lets it count.  Well, I'll probably post chapter 4 tomorrow or the day after.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:18:01 PM by Jman »

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2003, 09:50:42 PM »
The story's great, but is going a little too fast.  But, that's not necessarily bad.  Keeps readers from reading material that is non-important in the story.
Anyway, keep up the good work.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2003, 11:59:24 AM »
Oh man!  Sorry I took so long! Here's the latest installment.

<P>
Chapter 4: It gets personal.

<P>  Bowser nearly lept out of his shell.
He turned his head backwards.  The mysterious figure was Toad!
<P>
Bowser:  Oh, it's just you.
<P>
Toad: Who were you expecting? Luigi?
<P>
Bowser: must I remind you Luigi is in a jail cell?!
   Toad sat and thought for a moment.
<P>Toad: Hmmm, ...Yes! Luigi is still in that cell!  Why don't you go down and check on him?
<P>
Bowser:  I think I will!  It's almost execution time!  Bwahahahahahaha!!
<P>
Toad: (To himself)  That's what you think!
     Bowser went out into the main hall.
Bowser: Something doesn't seem right.
  <P>
 Bowser called Roy to him.
<P>Bowser: Roy, go check and see if Luigi isn't planning an escape!
<P>Roy: I'll make sure of it Dad!
Both: Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!
      In the shadows, Metaknight was listening to Bowser and Roy.
Metaknight: I have a bad feeling about the Mushroon Kingdom's fate.
<P>
Meanwhile, Toad was searching for Luigi.
He had just come out of the Men's room and nearly passed out from the smell.  He also had to hide from Roy Koopa.  Now, he was down in the dungeon.  "Psst!"  Whispered a familiar voice.  "Luigi?" Toad whispered.
"Yeah, who else?" he said. "Listen, we have a limited amount of time to spare before Bowser throws Mario in the lava." Toad said.
<P>
(author's note: The lava is not outside the castle, but rather in the Lethal Lava Land painting from SM64.)

<P> "Yeah, but how do we save him?" Luigi wondered.  "I've got an idea that just might work." Toad whispered his plan to Luigi.

<P>We cut away to Bowser yelling in pain.
Bowser: Aaaaaaaaahhhhgggggg!!! Owowowowowowowow!!!!  AAaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrg! This hurts!
<P>Lemmy:  Someone help me bring him to the emergency room!  He stepped on a spikey koopa troopa! (did I get that right? I'm referring to the spike back turtles from original SMB.)
<P>Bowser:  I'm in great pain!!

Lemmy: Don't worry, we'll have you fixed right up!  Heh heh heh!!!
<P>
     After Bowser was bandaged, he was brought to another room.
Lemmy: Hope you enjoy your IMMINENT DOOM!!!!
  <P>Bowser: What kind of dope are you smokin', Lemmy?
 <P>
Lemmy: Lemmy? I'm not Lemmy!
<P>
Bowser: Of course you are, idiot!
<P>
Lemmy: No, I am... (tranforms)
Mua hahahahahahahaha!!!
<P>Bowser: No! Not you!
"And now you shall die!"
   <p>
 Who has been portraying Lemmy in this story?
 Who is the mystery character that said the last sentence of the chapter?  The mystery continues to unfold next chapter!

<p>
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:18:18 PM by Jman »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2003, 10:17:14 AM »
Yesh, the format got all screwed up.  All the words are bunched together.  I wanted to separate the paragraphs.  I might post chapter 5 later today.

I''m a Mario rube!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2003, 10:59:49 AM »
Chapter 5: Worse than Bowser himself.

Suddenly, the smoke cleared the room.  What Bowser saw was unthinkable.  Lemmy was not Lemmy at all.  He was Dark Lord Bruiser, Bowser's most hated rival.
"At least this explains his smart mouth talking back to me!"
Bowser said.

But in the silence of the dungeon, Luigi and Toad found a hammer from the original Donkey Kong game.  Luigi was still whining about his cellular shopper.
"I only had a single payment left on it!"
Toad calmed down his partner by telling him that he could always buy another one next time they play Mario Party.  But right now, that was the least of their problems.

Peach was the lonely one talking with Daisy back at her castle in the Mushroom Kingdom.
"I just can't let Bowser do this to Mario!" Peach was saying. "What horrible things could he do to my Mario?"
"Stay calm, Peach.  He'll be all right.  But I hope he and Luigi can come back home alive."  Daisy said to her emotionally struggling friend.  Then she turned and whispered,
"Beat Bowser and bring Peace back to the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario Brothers."

Luigi and Toad were still in that jail cell planning their rescue of Mario.  Toad suddenly sensed something wasn't right.

"Mario's in trouble!" He said.
"Of course he's in trouble Toad!  That's why we came here mushroom brain!" Luigi said.
"No, he's actually in trouble! and we gotta rescue him! Bowser is about to have the ultimate and complete victory!"  Toad said.
"Well, when you put it that way, Let's go!"  Luigi said.  But suddenly, Bruiser threw something into the dungeon.  It was a grenade!  Suddenly, the dungeon exploded and went up in flames!

Bruiser walked away from the smoldering dungeon.
"And so ends this chapter for The Mushroom Kingdom.  Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!"

To be Continued...
I''m a Mario rube!

Edited by - Jman on 7/20/2004 8:37:59 AM

Jman

• Score
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2003, 11:28:15 AM »
And if you thought that was good, wait til the next chapter. After chapter 6, Part 2 begins with chapter 7.

I''m a Mario rube!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2003, 11:39:28 AM »
To quote Sapphira, I certainly hope I'm not posting this for no reason.
I would really appreciate some feedback about the story thus far.

I''m a Mario rube!

Print