Print

Author Topic: Mac Users- Raise your hands  (Read 4779 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2004, 10:17:29 PM »
"Plus, they think Macintoshes work exactly like Windows. They don't. If they run on completely different operating systems, you'll know that they're completely different."
Like, duh. Personally, I can't find my way around a Mac, but that doesn't mean I don't try.

"Windows users buy Macintoshes, put some Windows software in, and say, as their Macintosh locks up, 'Hey I thought Macs were supposed to be BETTER! My Windows XP can work MUCH better than this.'"
That is a totally impossible situation. The software simply wouldn't run, and that's all, unless the Mac OS is more unstable than I thought...

"Well, they're half right, and half wrong, thinking that Windows software is universal."
Can you point out to me who thinks this?
Computers don't get "upset" or "confused."

My brain does stupid things when I‘m not looking.
That was a joke.

n/a

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »
Also, there's been tons of viruses going around the e-mail lately (I think something like 1 in 7 PCs were infected with one particular type of virus), but is extremely rare that a Mac will catch a virus over the internet, mostly because Macs don't use executables (.exe), and Macs also have better anti-virus software, whereas PCs can get trashed quite easily by experienced virus-writer-people.

That said, it is true that during most of the 1990's, Windows were better than the average Macintosh, but nowadays, the Mac has far overtaken the Windows machine. However, consumers still seem to favor the Windows machine over the Mac, because most of them have used them when the Macs were not so good, and because most all the good programs were for Windows, and Macs couldn't really do anything. This has all changed. I predict that by ten years from now the most widely used machine will be the Macintosh, because it is now both more powerful and better. (The semi-new G5 is something like 140x faster than the best PC out there, or something close to that; see here for more details and proof).

Actually, the only reason Windows really exists as well as it does today is because around 1990, they tricked the Apple company with some technicality on some contract that allowed Windows to use Apple technology, and then the founder of Apple was incapacitated in a plane crash or something, and the other founder guy was basically mutinized by everyone else at Apple in favor of some guy who knew nothing about computers. (I did a very long report on this 5 years ago in Grade 4; I'll try to get that online so you all can see it).

IBM: Inferior But Marketable

Edited by - n/a on 3/20/2004 12:24:08 PM

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2004, 03:51:10 PM »
"The topic isn't called "Hey, let's bash the Macintosh"...

Also, only idiots who own Macs have them frequently crash. People who use Windows computers usually walk up to the Macintosh, and judge it before they have even tried it. Plus, they think Macintoshes work exactly like Windows. They don't. If they run on completely different operating systems, you'll know that they're completely different. Windows users buy Macintoshes, put some Windows software in, and say, as their Macintosh locks up, "Hey I thought Macs were supposed to be BETTER! My Windows XP can work MUCH better than this." Well, they're half right, and half wrong, thinking that Windows software is universal. All it does is upset and confuse the Macintosh into thinking it is a Windows system as well. Now, they have a PC that constantly crashes.

....Okay, I'm done. Stop looking at this.

Uh, yeah...."

I forgot to mention, but I have use Macs longer than PCs, so don't assume I "just walked up to a Macintosh, it froze and I hated it." In fact, Macs have been my favorite until this year (well, in school years, technically the end of last year). I used to love Macs so much more, defending whatever anyone ever said about it until I realized how bad it really was. In fact, probably the only reason I haven't sold it by now is because it was a birthday present. So it may sound fake, but I really did used to be a Macintosh fan- until I realized it was just like a downgraded version of Windows. Oh, and by the way, if this isn't a bashing Mac topic, I don't think it's a bashing Windows topic either- just if you like Macs more. All I want to know is, besides viruses and looks (if those are, than you must be an idiot because anti-virus programs work very well and performance/compatibility is more important than looks), why do you like Macs better? Is it just because Microsoft makes XBox so you have to totally hate their company? Sure, I hate XBox as much as the next true Nintendo fan, but I don't just get a hate passion for Microsoft.

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2004, 05:40:38 PM »
This is a topic to see how many people use Macs. If you want to bash Macs or PCs, do it somewhere else, not here.

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2004, 10:11:29 PM »
What is this 140x bunk? No way that they're 140 times faster. Pure lies. That site just mentions 90% in Photoshop and stuff. Take a statistics class, because 90% faster isn't even 2x faster.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2004, 10:36:25 AM »
"This is a topic to see how many people use Macs. If you want to bash Macs or PCs, do it somewhere else, not here."

Yeah Wario, sorry about that... =(

Edited by - Do The Mario! on 3/23/2004 8:36:48 AM

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2004, 05:54:48 PM »
Now that we've managed to get off topic for about 1.5 pages now, is there anyone else on this board who uses a Mac?

Print