Print

Author Topic: Old Questions  (Read 2243 times)

« on: June 15, 2004, 06:45:42 PM »
These are old questions that have probably been asked a hundred times. 1. In the How to Draw Nintendo Characters book, why is Bowser called Kerog? 2. Is Dinosaur Land part of the Mushroom Kingdom?

Was it a car or a cat I saw?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 06:48:39 PM »
1. I don't know.

2. Probably.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 06:51:57 PM »
In the Super Mario World cartoon, episode "Mama Luigi", it said that Princess and the Bros. left the Mushroom Kingdom and went to Dinosaur Land for a vacation.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 07:06:12 PM »
Also, in Mama Luigi, they call Yoshi a "Yoshisaur". What's with that?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 07:06:44 PM »
I wouldn't base any theories on the cartoon... When Luigi and Mario can switch outfits three times in the same scene, I don't think it's the most accurate source of data.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 07:08:03 PM »
1. I don't know, but I've seen the name Kerog used before for some sort of God of Fury/Destruction in D&D circles. The number of Japanese sites found when Google-ing Kerog leads me to believe that he is some sort of god in Eastern culture.

2. In Super Mario World's manual it says they go on a vacation there.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 08:25:18 PM »
True that you may have found a boatload of Japanese sites, but you obviously didn't go to them.
Most of the sites that I got when I searched "kerog" had something to do with a person seemingly making flash animations by the name of Kerog P. Suzuki.
While doing an image search, however, the first two were of Tony the Tiger and Toucan Sam.  An obvious form of Engrish: Kellog=Kerog.  Heh.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 04:49:26 AM »
1. I've never heard of that particular predicament.

2. No, it's a separate vacationing community, like Isle Delfino.

3. Additional question: Was the Gamecube code named "Project Dolphin" because of the setting of the first Mario game featured on the console?

ProTip: The Konami c0de r0x0rz.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 07:00:35 AM »
I think it might be the other way around. Project Dolphin inspired Isle Delphino.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2004, 02:18:07 PM »
'When asked why the system was called “Dolphin,” Howard Lincoln claimed to have no idea why the Dolphin name was used. "Perhaps the programmers like dolphins,” he coyly speculated.  Dolphins also symbolize life, fluidity, freedom and happiness—a good mascot for Nintendo and their new home console. Who knew they were so darn elusive & mysterious though?  It’s also possible that Nintendo uses “Aquatic Nicknames” for works-in-progress, a la the Gameboy Advance’s nickname for Project: Atlantis.  The industry insider who broke the news to OpN2k speculated that the “Dolphin” name originated from some of the wonderful demos / Waverace sequel. Of course, this was just a guess, albeit a slightly educated one, as it now seems that Wave Race: Blue Storm will indeed be a launch title.'
-planetgamecube.com

Does this clear anything up?

Edited by - Nameneko on 6/16/2004 1:20:08 PM

Print