Print

Author Topic: O Fortuna  (Read 5392 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2004, 06:56:54 PM »
Second question: Do you have an audio file? I love that song.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2004, 07:02:27 PM »
I just watched the film, I about fell out of my chair laughing when you whipped out the whisk, the song was a good choice also, very epic. I think the best use of it was the opening of the jack*** movie.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2004, 12:16:44 AM »
Sure Steve. Download here.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2004, 11:36:31 PM »
Misinformation

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Edited by - Nameneko on 4/24/2004 4:17:12 PM

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2004, 12:50:59 AM »
I'm not sure what you're talking about. O Fortuna is the first part of the twenty-five part Carl Orff's Carmina Burana.

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2004, 04:32:10 PM »
Is "O Fortuna" the song played in the final fight scene in Matrix Revolutions?  I heard somewhere that it is, but I'm not sure.

Bozone, n.:
The layer of gas surrounding a person which prevents good ideas from penetrating.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2004, 05:16:42 PM »
Sorry Lizard Dude, my mistake.  I should probably change that post so there's no confusion.

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2004, 11:44:39 AM »
No, ¥tty; that song is called something like Burlier Brawl.

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2004, 09:54:04 PM »
http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,63256,00.html

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2004, 11:10:31 PM »
I was going to ask why you didn't post this in LizCam Productions (because it would have been perfect after my last post there), but I just realized that you actually replied to my post already. My bad.

Anyway, I'm amazed that this Aqua-copying is going on. It is major flattery (i.e. to Apple, not to me) and, if you ask me, further "proof" of Mac OS' superiority. Except . . . why not just buy a stinkin' Mac, for cryin' out loud?!! When I consider the fact that PCs are still being used instead of Macs, I can't help but think of this as a kind of insult (to Apple) as well.

The excuse given by the article is totally lame: "Wardell said the best way to support Apple, of course, is to get a Mac, but a lot of his customers are in a youthful age bracket, and feel they can't yet afford a Mac, given Apple's reputation for charging premium prices." I know that Macs were at one point overpriced—which is one of the major reasons that Microsoft now owns the world—but my understanding is that this problem ceased many years ago. Am I wrong? I'll admit that I haven't done a price comparison lately (or ever), but I don't imagine that Apple is so stupid that they'd fall back into their old mistake of being ("reasonably") arrogant with prices.

In any case, thanks for sharing that, Lizard. It's certainly interesting. Feel free to ignore my banter and opinions; they mean something (but far from everything) to me, but that doesn't mean you need to pay them any heed if you don't want to.

P.S. I apologize for my overuse of parentheses. They just sorta weeded their way into this post.

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2004, 07:46:41 PM »
Repair costs as much as buying a new (later model, even) iPod.

Print