Print

Author Topic: Disney compared to DreamWorks...  (Read 8937 times)

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2004, 04:18:50 PM »
I liked Fantasia 2000, actually.

Oh, and most of those erotic subliminal messages are urban myths, they're false.
But, one of the movies did have a picture of a naked woman around the beginning of the movie, I forget the name of the movie, but it's with the mice....
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2004, 05:19:21 PM »
I know three true ones: The shot you're talking about is in The Rescuers.  In the Lion King, when Simba lies down at nighttime and all the dust or whatever goes up and swirls around in the air, at one point it spells "sex".  In Aladdin, he says at one part, "Take off your clothes" really silently.  That's kinda... wrong/gross/sick.

Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy but socially dead.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2004, 05:22:04 PM »
Vid's referring to the infamous Rescuers incedent in which an sly animator snuck in a photo of a nude woman's torso during a shot where the albatross and mice are flying near some buildings. They are flying fast enough for the average viewer to miss the shot, but the laser disc version of the movie had to be recalled when it was discovered.

"They say that opposites attract. She''s really something and I''m really nothing. How much more opposite can you get?"- Charlie Brown
This is a secret coded message.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2004, 10:36:10 PM »
Interesting.  I knew about the one in Aladdin, and at one point I heard on the news about the Rescuers movie being recalled, but I never saw the one in the Lion King.

The three things I could live without: a kick in the teeth, a punch to the stomach, and a low blow.
The one thing anyone who threatens my friends needs: a swift kick in the butt.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2004, 01:21:48 AM »
By the way, if Pixar left Disney, how come there is gonna be yet another Disney/Pixar movie called The Incredibles, which is coming out very soon!?

Hey! Which one of you people liked Disney's Brother Bear and the very funny Home on the Range?

Another thing, why don't we talk about Disney's and Dreamworks' live-action movies rather than just the animated ones?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2004, 01:12:19 PM »
Maybe they forgot that they split up. Or maybe, just maybe, this is the last film made by Disney/Pixar.

"They say that opposites attract. She''s really something and I''m really nothing. How much more opposite can you get?"- Charlie Brown
This is a secret coded message.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2004, 03:51:01 PM »
I love Emperor's New Groove! It's another one of my favs. I didn't know about the thing in Aladdin. I did know about lion king thought. The part in The Lion King is so Sick/stupid. Every time I get to that part I try to ignore it because it almost ruins the whole thing!
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2004, 03:56:37 PM »
Pixar WILL leave Disney.  Pixar has already made up their minds about that, but are still under contract with Disney to make a certain number of movies.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2004, 08:17:37 PM »
About the "SEX" thing:
It actually says "SFX".

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.<•>_<•>

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2004, 12:38:38 PM »
Pixar WILL leave Disney, but they still are signed on to make two more movies: The Incredibles, which comes this November, and Cars, which doesn't come out for a while.

Print