Print

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda for GameCube!  (Read 5953 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2004, 05:12:50 PM »
The first time I saw the new Zelda movie, I literally shed a tear out of happiness.

... I'm such a dork. :)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2004, 07:42:38 PM »
The look of Wind Waker is awesome, and the look of this new game is awesome too.

In short: LD, it's all good.

It’s hard to make up your mind when you don’t have one.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2004, 07:51:30 PM »
With me, WW was sort of a "grin and bear it" affair (because of the graphics); this new game is something I can enjoy completely. I really think Nintendo is starting to wise up. This gem, New SMB, multiplayer Metroid Prime, online capabilities for the DS- they're starting to listen to the fans.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2004, 08:01:03 PM »
There's a Legend of Zelda movie?

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if you have good aim!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2004, 08:52:29 PM »
Markio's question "There's a Legend of Zelda movie?"

Luigison's answer "There's a Legend of Zelda movie."

Go to http://www.e3insider.com/articles/floored/63TIV6VPE1.htm

Click "Watch Show"

On the bottom of the List click "Trailer - Zelda".  The words may be cover by download speed so look carfully.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2004, 10:20:06 PM »
Thanks.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2004, 04:14:26 PM »
I think this interview pretty well confirms WW2 = the new Zelda.

Excerpts (EA = Eiji Aonuma)

---

EA: So, but obviously at E3 our big focus is going to be on the Wind Waker 2, which is under development as we speak. And, so that’s going to be our big focus...

---

Q: I have a real question, though. [laughter] I wanted to ask, since this interview will not be posted until E3, if you could tell us a little about what the direction of WW2 is. I thought that MM felt and played very differently from OoT, I enjoyed it a lot. I was wondering if the WW2 is taking a whole new direction versus the original and if it is rooted in Link’s younger years, or maybe as an adult?

NOA: Even though this is embargoed, we can’t say much because we’re kind of working off the big bang theory, so we are going to hit you with a big bang at E3…there are still things that we will save for the E3 show even though this is embargoed, but maybe there is a hint he can give…

EA: We’re making something that is going to be very interesting, that is going to surprise you all very much.

---

Q: I was wondering when development on WW2 began. Was it before the original Wind Waker was finished? And also, you’re calling it WW2. Is that an actual sequel, or is that just a working title?

EA: As I explained in my speech yesterday, the [main] Zelda games are developed with the same team, so we have one group of team members carry over from the last game and start work on the next. So we had to finish WW1 before work began on WW2. And as to your second question, unfortunately I cannot answer that question today.

---

And the best quote of all: "I have never asked Mr. Miyamoto to eat my curry." - Eiji Aonuma

Edited by - MEGAߥTE on 5/17/2004 3:18:38 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2004, 05:24:01 PM »
Darn, I thought you guys maent they were making a movie about Zelda.  Like a movie, not a video game...

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2004, 05:26:42 PM »
I really did like WW Link.
But I like cartoons and adult Link is...well...an adult. Link Should be a kid.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2004, 04:51:00 PM »
The Windwaker 2 is starting to look like a prequel with updated graphics to attract more attention because it takes place in Hyrule before the flood. Tingle must not be in The Windwaker2 because of what I said in the sentence above.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2004, 05:08:55 PM »
 Tingle was in Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker.

Considering Nintendo has no trouble destroying continuity, I think it's safe to expect Tingle to make an appearance.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2004, 07:26:04 PM »
Well they wouldn't really need to destroy the continuity if you think this next game comes after Majora's Mask, and it looks like the N64 Link. So yeah.
That was a joke.

Print