Print

Author Topic: I'm going away! Signed, TMK member  (Read 325657 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1095 on: May 01, 2011, 07:41:33 PM »
For me, it can be summed up: I used to take the Internet too seriously. I was nitpicky, grilling people for honest mistakes, and I pressed my ideals about video games and how serious the Internet should be way too strongly. There is nothing wrong with taking it a little seriously, elsewise it's a bit hollow... but too much, and nobody wins.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1096 on: July 01, 2011, 03:15:34 PM »
I'm leaving!

.. for 24 hours or so. I'll be gone in about an hour, and should be back about this time or so tomorrow.

So, pretty much a normal period of silence for me, except I'll be afk and unable to post.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1097 on: July 01, 2011, 03:39:20 PM »
I'm going on vacation and won't be back until Monday week.  I may go on the internet if I can get my parents computer fixed. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1098 on: July 01, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »
Monday Week: The Week of Just Mondays

Pictured: Monday Month. The month where every day is the first day back to work after the weekend
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1099 on: July 01, 2011, 08:02:16 PM »
Never. Never in a month of Mondays.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1100 on: July 01, 2011, 11:42:29 PM »
Well, whatever month of the week you get back, see you then.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1101 on: July 12, 2011, 05:16:24 PM »
I got back yesterday.  Never got my parents' computer on the internet even though I replaced the harddrive and spent about three hours on the phone with AT&T.  The computer would connect to the modem and AT&T could connect to the modem, but we couldn't get it working even after they sent a replacement modem.  Guess it's time my parents get a NEW computer and I jump off the free computer support bandwagon I'd gotten myself into.  Too bad for video gaming though.  I'd hoped to get my father back into RPGs with Chronotrigger on Wii and my mother was enjoying Steam when she came to our house. 

BTW, "Monday week" means "a week from this upcoming Monday" as it was used when I was growing up in the Mississippi.  The "Monday week" phrasing was even common during my college days, but admitedly I haven't heard it outside the South. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1102 on: July 12, 2011, 08:57:41 PM »
I've never heard it, and I've lived in the South all my life.

Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1103 on: July 13, 2011, 12:56:19 PM »
I've lived in the South all my life.
You're posting this from the grave?  If you've lived (past tense) all you're life then your life must be over and you are therefor dead. 

Then maybe the "Monday week" phrasing is dead.  It's probably for the best since it was ambiguous and confusing to begin with.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1104 on: July 13, 2011, 05:55:26 PM »
"I have lived" is not the same as "I lived"
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1105 on: July 13, 2011, 06:11:15 PM »
OK.  Thanks.  I'll try not to inhale with vigor. 

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1106 on: July 30, 2011, 04:45:32 PM »
Yeah, so... I was on an Alaskan cruise for the last week, in case anybody wasn't sure where'd I'd gotten to. I'm not much for trip summaries, so I'll only say as much as anyone is interested in hearing about, and maybe toss up some pics later.

« Reply #1107 on: July 30, 2011, 10:40:53 PM »
DIDJA MEET PALIN?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1108 on: July 30, 2011, 11:10:41 PM »
No, but I've got a picture of my mom standing by a cardboard cutout of her at a tourist shop--one which we saw an exact copy of elsewhere. And that is to say nothing of the myriad Palin-related merchandise, with varying degrees of irony inherent in their production.

Some other highlights, completely off the top of my head:

--It was for my grandparents' 50th anniversary, and so the rest of the people in our group were their friends and people from my mom's side of the family. As it turns out, someone else on board was there for their 50th as well, and actually let my grandparents have some specialized decorations when they were done with them.

--The boat (nine internal floors in all) had slatted stairs, providing me with at least one golden opportunity for an upskirt, which I passed on in a rare moment of self-awareness.

--A saw a huge iceberg, and consequently saw several small chunks fall off it in a matter of minutes. To commerate this compelling example of global climate change, I sat on a deck chair and listened to "Break the Ice" by Britney Spears, or something to that effect.

--Multiple people in my family (okay, mostly my brother), kept bringing to my attention the fact that there was a guy on the ship who looked kind of like me, except with a somewhat arrogant, quizzical expression on his face. This "doppelganger" occasionally showed up in the weightroom or dining area after myself, sometimes even dressed vaguely similar or engaging in similar activities. Weirdly enough, I only ever personally saw his face once, and I didn't get a good look.

--I took part in a very small ping-pong tournament and lost to an older guy, who my dad later confirmed was cheating, most likely out of frustration for losing another tournament the previous day. The girl in charge of the thing was the only Japanese employee on the ship (most everyone else was Filipino).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1109 on: July 31, 2011, 02:37:00 AM »
Palin-related merchandise
That seems silly. Do many states have so few attractions and/or such wacky local politicians that this is a common thing? I don't seem to remember ever seeing anything that reads "I was in the state governed by a terminator" in any gift shop anywhere in the 'Lifornia

Guess we're too busy being stereotypically awesome to bother with things like that. Driving red convertibles, surfing to town, etc.
It's YOUR problem!

Print