Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 477044 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1740 on: May 22, 2009, 06:54:38 AM »
Topic change: Who's voice do you think would come out of the message blocks in SMW? Do you think there would be a different voice in the message blocks in YI?

It's obviously the same woman that provides the voice for the Gadgetron Helpdesk.  In YI, it's the woman from the MegaCorp Helpdesk.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1741 on: May 23, 2009, 05:51:19 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but Gadgetron..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1742 on: May 23, 2009, 07:05:37 PM »
It's apparently something from Ratchet & Clank. Thanks again, internets!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1743 on: May 23, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »
Speaking of internets, why hasn't technology had a bigger impact in the Mushroom Kingdom? Paper Mario 2 showed us that Peach (and other characters) know how to email, so why aren't there more computers in the MK?

Thank you, Mario! But the Princess isn't online right now...
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1744 on: May 23, 2009, 07:20:11 PM »
Perhaps Nintendo is trying to maintain the Mushroom Kingdom's decidedly rustic atmosphere. Save for the X-Nauts, few denizens of the Mario universe seem to have ever made great technological strides.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1745 on: May 23, 2009, 08:48:28 PM »
E. Gadd, anyone?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1746 on: May 23, 2009, 10:42:44 PM »
Well, even E. Gadd's inventions have a certain whimsical quality to them, don't they? DO THEY NOT?!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1747 on: May 24, 2009, 07:16:00 AM »
Time machines are whimsical?

« Reply #1748 on: May 24, 2009, 04:08:45 PM »
Only Gadd's are. Who else would make a time machine that looks like the creator's head?

« Reply #1749 on: May 24, 2009, 04:10:49 PM »
Exactly my point.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1750 on: May 24, 2009, 04:33:46 PM »
So, what, technological advancements don't count unless they're "serious"?

« Reply #1751 on: May 30, 2009, 08:19:41 AM »
This has confused me for a long time: Are Spinies more closely related to Buzzy Beetles or Koopas?  Looking at descriptions implies they are spiked, quadrupedal Koopas, but in-game sprites and models generally more closely resemble Buzzy Beetles.  In addition, in a Mario Party 8 battle minigame (of which the name escapes me temporarily), a Lakitu throws Buzzy Beetles onto the playing field, rather than Spinies.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 09:06:17 AM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1752 on: May 30, 2009, 09:14:44 AM »
That's a hard one. Buzzy Beetles resemble both a little, but they look different enough to be considered a different species. It's also important to note that Buzzy Beetles don't have a shell protecting their entire bodies, while Koopas and Spinies do. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Buzzy Beetles are described as Koopa underlings that hide in heavy shells to protect them from fire. Overall, I'd say that Spinies are more closely related to Koopas.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1753 on: May 30, 2009, 09:34:10 AM »
I think they're all varieties of the same Koopa subspecies. When you get right down to it, there's not a whole lot of difference between

Sky-Blue Spinies

and Spike Tops (which I'm pretty sure are described as Buzzy Beetles with spikes -- sometimes known just as Spiky Buzzies in the Paper Mario series). Mostly the number of spikes.

Probably also some crossbreeding going on between them and the Shellcreeper-esqe Troopas in Galaxy.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1754 on: May 30, 2009, 11:09:08 AM »
Hey, I loved the return of those classic Troopas.

Print