Print

Author Topic: ADVANCED Poster Awards Ceremony  (Read 4597 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« on: January 21, 2005, 09:29:44 PM »
My apologies for the delay. Originally, I
intened to do it a while after the polls
closed, so it'd be more of a surprise to see
who won, since no one would remember the
thread, by now. However, my computer was
experiencing some, rather idiosyncratic problems, leaving me unable to do this
for a week or so...

Alas, here are the awards...

Welcome, all, to the Closing Cermonies of
the Poster Awards for Winter 2004. We had
quite a year, and many memories.

Of course, I'd like to thank everyone for
voting. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Most Intelligent Poster Award

In this world, intelligence is a gift given to you when you are born. Everyone likes smart people. They're good for lots of stuff. Of course, we have our own local genius here, as well.

And the Smartest Poster on the forums is...

Megabyte!

Congratulations, Megabyte. You've shown us all that it's possible to be cool and ingenious at the same time.

Runners up: TIE- Deezer/Insane Steve

Most Unique Poster Award

Weird? Maybe. But unique is a much nicer way of putting it. Though, being unique can also be a sign of intelligence. So when you can't get the conviluted stories of Lady Bow out of your head, you know who to thank.

The Award for Most Unique Poster goes to...

Shawne 20!

As strange as Shawne 20's stories may be, he's shown us the pinnacle of weirdosity. Take it as a compliment, 'cause there's lots of people like so, in the world.

Runner up: Chupperson Weird

Most Productive Poster Award

So you people don't like my definition of Productive, eh? Not a problem. The people have spoken, and shown us who supplies us with our daily recommendation of good, wholesome threads.

Who is the most Productive Poster here? None other than...

Lizard Dude

Without the exquisite threads Lizard Dude creates, n00b threads would drive you all insane. A round of applause for Lizard Dude.

Runner up: Chupperson Weird

Most Missed Poster Award

As time goes on, people come, people go. It's beyond our control. So of course, there is one person here, who we all miss dearly.

That person is none other than...

Watoad

With an overwhelmingly record number of votes (6 votes) Watoad is clearly who we miss the most. Watoad, we miss you.

Runner up: Meowrik (Don't worry, I'll be gone again after this)

Most Amiable Poster Award

Had a bad day? Need a helping hand? We've all experienced that. Some people more than others. But when you don't want to explode on the first person who talks to you, you know you want to talk to that certain nice person of the boards...

Which poster is it that is nice to everyone...

Sapphira!

Of course, one of the few girls who come here. You can always count on Sapphira to treat you nicely, even when the rest of the board has taken its toll on you.

Runner up: TIE- Marliemoo/RedParatroopa

Best Sigs Award

What makes a poster... that's a rhetorical question. We all know the answer is their Signature. Everyone has their sig to go with every post. Whether it's inspirational or intriguing, or just plain hilarious, your sigs mark your personality.

And the Poster with the best Sigs on the forums is...

Redparatroopa

Redparatroopa's sigs got him this category. Whether he's quoting someone or completely random, be sure to love every sig he makes.

Runner up: Lizard Dude

Due to a lack of voting, Post of the Year has been omitted.

Well everyone, there you have it. I have one final award to give, and no, it's not the Deezer Award. This award sums up the overall best poster we have. This award is based on whoever won the most votes, altogether.

And the winner of Poster of the Year... is...

Lizard Dude!!

Congratulations Lizard Dude! With an astonishing 9 votes, you are officially the Poster of the Year for 2004!

And everyone, I won't be back 'til, oh, I dunno. Let's just say, we'll meet again. Don't know where, don't know when. But I know I'll be back someday to do the awards again. Arrivederci, all.

Nothing but a Conservippie.

Edited by - Meowrik on 1/21/2005 7:36:45 PM

= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 10:09:30 PM »
D'oh! I forgot to vote this year! But thank you all for the wonderful awards. Meowrik, as always, did an exceptional job on the write-ups. Thanks.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 10:19:08 PM »
Best "ADVANCED Poster Awards Ceremony" ever!

There weren't many votes this time, but your ceremony was much better than when I simply posted the winners.

I think MEGAߥTE's recent Nintendo rants were great.  Keep it up!

Sorry Shawne 20, but I don't think being unique can also be a sign of intelligence.  Although you probably deserve the Most Unique Poster Award.  I may read your stories sometime.

Productive?  Good?  Wholesome?  Lizard Dude?  He's a great guy and all, but...

I don't miss Watoad as much now, and that's a good thing.  Welcome back!

Sapphira is one of the nicest people on this forum/site, but becareful what you type or the the-washer-out-of-mouths may be forced to act.

LD's sig(s) is/are still my favorite, but Red Paratroopa's is also good, but not a memorable to me.  Maybe that's because LD has had the same one for so long.

I nominate MEGAߥTE's 98,234 posts for Post of the Year 2005.

Congratulations Lizard Dude!  Can I borrow your Easy Bake oven?  Mine feel out of the canoe, but I was able to save some chips I can trade you.

Thanks for the ceremony Meowrik!

Edit: If it weren't for all my grammer, spelling, and typing errors I might when an award sometime.

Edited by - Luigison on 1/21/2005 8:31:09 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 11:09:27 PM »
Ah, but if it weren't for your awesome double-post idea, I would never have thought of it.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 06:21:45 AM »
How come I didn't win the Luigison Award?!

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 09:22:11 AM »
*sob*

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 10:36:51 AM »
No Deezer award? BANNED

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 12:51:26 PM »
I think this thread was...

Great!  Even though I didn't win or anything.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 04:20:44 PM »
I think Meowrik couldn't give unofficial awards in the official ADVANCED Poster Awards Ceremony.  So here goes...

The Luigison Award

This award goes to an active Fungi Forum member who has demonstrated outstanding integrity and ethics, forum involvement, and possesses qualities held in high regard by forum members (or at least Luigison).  The Luigison Award is one of the most coveted awards at the Fungi Forums because it recognizes a member who has made tremendous contributions to the forum and has contributed to the positive experience of Fungi Forum membership. And the winner of the pretigious Luigison Award is...

TEM

The Deezer Award

This award goes to a person who made all of this possible.  And that person is...

J.J. (cough cough) I mean DEEZER!

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 02:50:20 AM »
*claps*

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 11:13:19 AM »
Our most productive poster, everyone!

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 01:38:15 PM »
I thought of a good category I think I could win!

MOST POPULAR n00b's FIRST THREAD

I'm almost positive that 1. this was my first thread and 2. "Things That Drive Me Nuts" is the most popular n00b's first thread there's ever been at the Fungi Forums

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 03:07:34 PM »
Peach and Daisy's first thread exceeded 100 posts. Too bad she isn't around anymore.

I am feeling fat, and sassy!

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 03:47:41 PM »
What happened to Funniest Poster because I need to vote for Eclipsed Moon.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 03:53:34 PM »
The most smilies award goes to............. SAPPHIRA! Congratulations Super cool winner of the smilies coolness lee7Z0r1shbaloony!!! Sorry, I'm HYPER!

TMK fan since three years ago!
TMK fan since three years ago!

Print