Print

Author Topic: Lack of Bowser Merch  (Read 2217 times)

« on: February 16, 2005, 01:30:46 PM »
Stores like Hot Topic, and other pop culture stores carry many reprints and new 80's and 90's cartoon and game shirts and other items. One thing I have noticed about their nintendo merch is there isn't any Bowser. There are shirts with villains on them, like goombas, bullet bills, and Koopa Troopers, but none of the main villain himself. Is there some kind of copyright that is keeping Bowser from being on the merch but not everyone else?
"They Called Me Looney, They Called Me CRAZY!, THEY CALLED ME INSANE! Boy were they right."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 01:00:21 AM »
I could swear I've seen Bowser on at least one shirt.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 01:38:17 AM »
I know that there's at least other kinds of merchandise that Bowser has been on. Don't forget the Bowser plushy and the... um... ...yeah, that's all I can think of at the moment.

Wasn't there a SM64 poster or shirt or something? I know Bowser would have to be on that, because Mario and Bowser were on the cover of... well, the Super Mario 64 manual anyway... so I guess Bowser would not be on SM64 merchandise if it showed the cover of the game box of SM64...

Aha, Bowser shirt!
http://www.80stees.com/pages/t-shirts/totally-80s-t-shirts/Nintendo_t-shirts.asp
You didn't say wot wot.

Print