Print

Author Topic: Cartoons or Reality?  (Read 7438 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 11:18:19 PM »
I don't consider Cartoons and Anime to be much different at all. They're both cartoons, they just originate from a different country.

Angry Beavers was okay. The guy who did the voice of Dag (Richard Horvitz) also did the voice of ZIM in Invader ZIM, my most favorite Nick Cartoon. Funny, he sounds a lot like his characters in real life.

Rocko's Modern Life was great, too. The guy who did the voice of Rocko did the voice of Mr. Weed on Family Guy.

The Sonic cartoon was AWESOME. I didn't like Sonic SatAM (The darker, more serious one) much, I liked the original AoStH (The more comedic one) better.

If I missed an episode of Sonic, I thought life wasn't worth living for the rest of the day, so I usually did nothing and thought about wat it'd be like if I didn't miss an episode.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2005, 12:40:04 AM »
I also like to watch MXC. It's a Japanese eliminatin challenge where they do the craziest stuff. One of them is "cling to the big mushroom until it gets to the other side of the water and jump on the land!" Crazy stuff. And good, you should watch it on Spike TV, it's worth the time. I don't care if you have something against the channel, don't tell me.

A bird can fly… But a fly can’t bird!!! –Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2005, 02:03:03 PM »
Sorry, that's just how I feel. I know not all cartoons are for kids or dumb and I know not all anime is great. I just perfere anime plots, characters, music, and animation to American cartoons, so i consider them different.

Random Anime Quote:
"I have split ends?"--Zelgadis. Slayer Next episode 6.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2005, 02:08:41 PM »
Wow, I agree with everything Vid said in his last post, except I didn't see every episode of the Sonic cartoon, and I don't watch Invader Zim much either.

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2005, 08:34:08 PM »
Family Guy, The Simpsons, and Spongebob. Ahhhh, and all those cartoons are still making new episodes! Life is good.

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2005, 03:28:45 PM »
MXC is hilarious.  I love that show.  it truley is worth watching.  Anyways, i thought they stopped making spongebob after the movie or something, but then i saw a new one (where spongebob goes into Mr. Krab's shell) and i was releived.

If Toad is a mushroom and a mushroom is a fungus and a fungus is a decomposer, can we say that Toad is a decomposer?
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 10:13:12 PM »
I just perfere anime plots, characters, music, and animation to American cartoons, so i consider them different.

Still don't see how Anime plots, characters, music, and animation are considered different from American plots, characters music and animation.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2005, 10:19:46 AM »
I know not all of them are, but most American cartoon series are just a bunch of unrelated stories with little character development. Even action cartoons are like that. Anime series are shorter, usalyl 26, 13, or once in a whil 52. SOmtimes they ahve multiple seasons like Sailor Moon and Pokemon. Due to this they have an overall story, a beginning and end. The characters usually develop over this time, you really get a feel for them. I liekt he animations better than American cartoons, they tend to look mroe human even with giant eyes and strange hair. The opening themes are much better in my opinion.

Please keep in mind that I am talking about uncut and unedited anime, like on domestic DVDs like Vandread, Strawberry Eggs, Slayers,and Full Metal Panic!

Random Anime Quote:
" If you keep punching holes in the definition of death, you''re going to be dissected for real one of these days!"--Excel Excel. Excel Saga episode 12.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2005, 07:20:25 PM »
Hey Arnold, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Rugrats, Powerpuff Girls, what do these 4 cartoons have in common? They all feature the format of 2 adventures per episode in 1 30-minute broadcast, rarely do these shows have one whole 30-minute episode.  Yes, time almost never passes and the stories are almost never connected but they have *gasp* Character development.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2005, 07:13:55 PM »
I agree greatly with Mr.Wiggles and Latias Dita. cartoons and anime are 2 completely different things. I like watching Pokemon, FullMetal Alchemist, and Sailor Moon. (Too bad Sailor Moon was cancelled.)

We will never give up our love of Nintendo!

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2005, 07:18:29 PM »
I like Spongebob ( please don't say "I'm stupid" for enjoying it. ) I hate the Fairly Odd Parents. It killed off Invader Zim! Oh, and I also like Aqua Teen Hunger Force. That show is da bomb. I like Kirby: Right back at ya! just cause it's Kirby. I'm a guy, too. It's rare that you'll find a guy that likes a pink marshmellow that transforms when he eats something.

I'm a-Luigi! Number-a one!

Edited by - PaperLuigi on 6/14/2005 11:20:48 AM
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2005, 08:08:17 PM »
I like Spongebob ( please don't say I'm stupid for enjoying it. )

I won't say you are, because you already did.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 6/13/2005 7:09:19 PM

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2005, 08:17:40 PM »
"I'm a guy, too. It's rare that you'll find a guy that likes a pink marshmellow that transforms when he eats something."

I'm a guy too, and Kirby is my favorite game series except for Mario! I've never seen the show, though, and I don't know if I'd like it.

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?

GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2005, 12:19:35 PM »
When did I say I was stupid? I just didn't want people to hate me cause I like Spongebob. Please, I don't want to fight.

P.S: I forgot to mention, that I like Sonic X. That show is fun to watch.

I'm a-Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2005, 12:47:05 PM »
Uhhh, why do you think I was going to start a fight?

I was pointing out that you said the phrase "I'm stupid", so I didn't have to. It was an attempt at making a joke.

Print