Print

Author Topic: Mario's Charm  (Read 3211 times)

« on: May 08, 2005, 12:51:15 PM »
What got you into the Mario series? The games,characters,etc. SMB was the first game that made me a loyal fan of Mario.

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 12:52:56 PM »
My brother had me playing video games at 2 years old. Super Mario Bros. and SMB2 were a couple of them.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 12:56:48 PM »
Getting SMB on NES for XMAS.  
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 12:59:55 PM »
well, my dad played it when i was really little and ever since i've loved all the games and characters etc.
 Mario is a nutritional part of your every-day meal!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 03:35:27 PM »
Well, I've played SMB as far back as I remember, but I kinda liked all video games.  It wasn't until SSB that I actually focused my attention on strictly Nintendo games such as Mario.

"It''s impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 04:08:29 PM »
SMB2 at my cousin's house it what introduced me. Afterwards, I recieved a N64 and SM64. I was instantly hooked.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 04:48:43 PM »
Ah, so long ago... 199...7 I think. I played SMW at my baby-sitter's house. It was the Donut plains Ghost house that I beat and I thought "Wow!" So my parents go an old SNES and I got SMAS and since then, I'm a Mario Freak!

Tweet! Any Questions? –Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 09:09:16 PM »
I got a used NES from my cousin at Christmas time when I was somewhere around six. It had five games, including SMB and SMB3; I LOVED those two games. My friend also got a SNES with SMW and SMAS; those also fascinated me. The first game I ever bought myself was SMB2. As time went on, I got a bunch more games. Eventually, the NES was taken away, and later I got a SNES, which was also taken away. Last year, though, I was allowed to get video games again, and now that I have a job, I have been able to get LOTS of games. I currently have a GBA SP, a GBA, another NES, another SNES, a GCN and a N64 (and I'm getting a DS soon).

I know a lot of this was off-topic, but I thought I might as well mention my "video game history".
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 09:51:45 PM »
Someone took your game consoles away? Get your briefcase, It's-a time to sue!!!

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 08:26:23 PM »
It's all right now, really. My parents took them away because they thought they were having a bad effect on me, but they changed their minds last year. Please don't think ill of my parents; they only did what they thought best at the time. And all's well now in that regard, since I have video games again.

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 05:51:57 PM »
Super Mario 64 was the first Mario game that charmed me into the Mario world that I can remember.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 05:57:37 PM »
Super Mario 63, for sure.

First star: Koopa the Quick in Bomb-Omb Battlefield. Good times, good times.

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 06:29:34 PM »
I've never played Super Mario 63 before!

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 08:40:52 PM »
How did you get the Koopa the Quick star before the Big Bob-omb star? Did someone else beat the Big Bob-omb instead?

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 07:00:31 PM »
It was back when I was four and five. When I was brought to my baby-sitter's house, her grandkids would play SMB on the NES. I was too young to play so I jsut watched. I so wanted to play though. I also would occasionally watch the Super Mario Brothers Super Show (that was so long ago. I can't remmber much except Yoshi). Both drove me to want o play and love Mario games.

Random Anime Quote:
"I have split ends?"--Zelgadis. Slayer Next episode 6.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Print