Print

Author Topic: More modern dreams.  (Read 20506 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2006, 03:26:51 PM »
Dreams are always fun. I like to write them down and make them into short stories in my spare time.

Here is one of my more interesting ones. This happened in January.

I was sitting in my living room, which at the time was where I practiced my trombone. (I play trombone often at my church, play in two community bands, and compose, usually in the classic German style; plus I used to teach lessons). I had a few folding chairs set up (as I did when I was teaching) but they weren't occupied by any students who ever took from me. One of them was a guy I played trombone with for seven years at my middle and high school, and is also one of my best friends. Another of my closest friends was there too, although he never has played trombone. Neither had any sort of instrument. Next to me was a girl who played flute in the band but was, for whatever reason, taking trombone lessons from me. I was teaching her and she wasn't all that bad.

We decided to step outside for whatever reason. However, we were in for a huge shock. The street wasn't the one my house should be on, but was the one from my old neighborhood (I moved over ten years ago). It didn't look like 1995, either, since there were a few vacant lots (which didn't exist in that neighborhood past about 1961) and the cars on the street looked quite old. My car, which is a 1988, was in the garage. The door to the garage was open and it was clear that it was the newest car there (and probably the only import).

The mailman came by, as did another one of my friends. This mailman, whose name was Mike, is a man who stopped serving my old neighborhood in 1991. I have not seen Mike since then. My friend was dressed in her current clothes, so it wasn't like she was a throwback like the rest of the neighborhood, but she seemed very upset and was crying. She didn't say what was wrong, she just seemed very sad about something.

Now for the crazy part. I had realized IN THE DREAM that I had stepped out of the wrong house to the wrong neighborhood. And this is the strangest part here. If I was indeed in that house, which I saw behind me, that living room would not exist. The living room is to the left of my front door in my current house. At my old house, the garage was to the left of the front door (it was attached) and the only thing to the left when one enters that house is a wall and the steps to go to the second floor. Garage entry was behind the staircase in the kitchen. Frustrated, I called for my friends (including my very sad friend) to come inside. Strangely enough, the house inside was my current house. Turning to the left led to the living room. Outside the window was my current street. I went outside again since my friend was so upset about something, and found not only that she had disappeared (the other three didn't know what had happened to her) and that the neighborhood was still my old one.

This is where I woke up. I'm currently developing this further. I want to fill in blanks--why was my friend so upset, why was my other friend taking trombone lessons, if she was the student why were those other two guys there too, and what would happen if I took the car out for a spin in what appeared to be 1958 or so. Most importantly, where did my upset friend come from? And what was Mike the mailman doing there and why did he even show up if I hadn't seen him in 15 years?

Any dream interpreters here who want to take a stab at this one, feel free to do so.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2006, 06:26:15 PM »
You were probably just having a recollection of the past. You know, reliving those fond memories (the same thing happens to me a lot). The friend who was crying and the mailman probably represent you wanting to go back and experience the past again (everyone does at some point).

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2006, 09:10:06 PM »
You're probably right. I've always wanted to move back to my old neighborhood and I'm over there a lot. And when I had the dream, I hadn't seen that girl for five months. I also knew she was going through a rough time in her life based on what someone had told me (she had been in and out of the hospital a lot) so maybe that's why she was sad?

I'll consider posting the short story I develop out of this once I finish it. I've done some work on it already and hope to write more tonight. Whenever I have a boring night where I get in early or something I usually stay up and write. It's theraputic for me for some reason.

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2006, 09:39:31 AM »
I had the weirdest dream the other night.
I dreamed that Fairemaster returned to the FF, but this time, he wanted revenge on everybody. So he started randomly kidnapping people (including me). I can't remember who was left, though. But Deezer banned Fairemaster and then he dissappeared and everything turned back to normal.
I know, it dosn't make any sense.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2006, 10:25:40 AM »
Can a person kidnap someone over the internet?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2006, 12:26:52 PM »
Was I ever hypnotized in your dream?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2006, 04:01:15 PM »
I had a fairly vivid dream, not too long ago (like, this week, or something)...

I dreamt that the school year had started again (or, this could've been the previous year, dunno), and some friends of mine were talking about the Wii, and there was a conversation about it for awhile. For some reason, Genta Kojima was among my friends, and we spoke with him as if we've been friends with him for years. (Odd, because he's only about the age of a first grader, and all of us were between the ages of 16-18.)

Later that day, I was at a store and saw an open room with no light in it. I went into it, and I'm sure my face was glowing when I saw a Wii on the floor. There was a note on it that said:

Take it
it's free ^_^

And I took it, but was puzzled when I saw that it was mounted or glued to some sort of tray with something else (seeing later that the other thing read Famicom Disks).

My dream went to the next day at school, and I told my friends (once again, including Genta) about something I had to show them. We went to the elevator in the school (there really is a working elevator there, but in this dream, it had been malfunctioning for whatever reason). I had opened it once no one was looking, and the friends all followed me into it, and quickly closed it before anyone on hall duty came back. Apparently, I knew of a secret door inside the elevator that took us into a dark room no teacher or other staff knew about.

In there was the Wii I took from the store yesterday (how and when I put it in the room, I do not know), along with the tray and other thing (it looked kinda like the Wii, but was smaller and red) I could not remove the Wii from. Everyone was quite surprised and amazed.

One friend asked "what's that other thing?" and I replied "I dunno, but it can play FAMICOM DISKS!" before holding up a few in my hand (again, where these things came from, I do not know). And we played the Wii as well as a few of the FDS games for awhile (Ah right, there was a TV in the room, or something).

And then I woke up...and banged my hand on the mattress because I didn't want to wake up.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2006, 04:34:01 PM »
I guess you're just desperate to get a Wii, then.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2006, 04:35:35 PM »
I wonder if your dream will come true.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2006, 08:36:01 PM »
Except for the Genta and Famicom Disk parts, of course. :P
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2006, 06:57:49 AM »
I had a pretty strange dream a few weeks ago.

I was at some kind of fair that every Fungi Forum member was supposed to be in. I was outside with a pan (like the kind you would cook a turkey or chicken in) filled with liquid butter and four pieces of butter toast. I sat there for supposedly the whole day, eating three pieces of toast while there. Once one was left, Sapph came by and told me how everyone else was making money by selling food (I think), and I just said something like, "Yeah, and all I got is my toast!" I chuckled as she walked away, and then headedfor a tent. Bird Person was in there, selling ice cream. I walked up to him, but some other unknown forum member pulled me to the side and started blabbing. ("So, you came to meet me, didn't you? ..........) After I escaped the person, I went to talk with BP again, and he looked just like one of my friends. He told me he was making 5 cents for every ice cream item sold, and I was like, "No way!" like it was that big of a deal.

The next thing I know, Bird Person is driving home with my dad and I, and then we're home, watching TV. My dad then falls asleep, then BP is asleep, and I slowly drift into sleep, waking up when I go to sleep in my dream.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2006, 12:40:49 PM »
I wonder which member pulled you to the side and started blabbing.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2006, 04:07:26 PM »
What did I look like in the dream?
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2006, 07:47:40 AM »
I usually have surreal dreams where there's lots of pretty colors and 99.9% of the time, I can fly in a dream. Like last night, I dreamed I was a Tigger and Tigger was so happy that he wasn't the only one.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2006, 05:45:46 PM »
I had a dream last night that I was in my boxers and all messed up, I had a shirt on.  My parents werent home so I decided to take the van out for a drive, with my boxers on, and no shoes.  I drove to the location of what was supposed to be Video King, but instead it was a BestBuy.  I went in all messed up, and one of the help thought I was shop lifting.  I told her to search me for anything, but she decided not to because there was no possible way to hide anything in my cloths.  I left, not finding what I was looking for (like usual), and I had a deep anxiety attack when I got out, I realized that my mom and dad would probably find out.  That dream cut out and I was suddenly roaming a christamas landscape, with fabulous decorations all over this log cabin town.  Then that dream cut out and I was on this train, me and some other people were in the last cart at the end, when suddenly we went over bumps and we flew up in the air, being derailed, but landing back on the rails.  I jumped off because we reached my Nana's house for some odd reason, and she told me to go under the railroad bridge and pick some flowers, and weed the rest of the area underneath to make it look better.
I only watch [adult swim]

Print