Print

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 70675 times)

« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2007, 01:24:06 AM »
Apology accepted :).

I actually just went back and found the post that you were speaking of because I didn't quite remember. (It was all painful to read because of bad grammar)

"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2007, 02:52:46 AM »
Oh, I just thought of something.  Watoad, if you get any more visions are you going to tell us about those too?  I hope so!
As a Man From The Future, I'm going to say, no, he's not going to tell us.

Apology accepted :).

I actually just went back and found the post that you were speaking of because I didn't quite remember. (It was all painful to read because of bad grammar)

Ooo burnnnnnnn!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #287 on: January 29, 2007, 10:53:45 AM »
Me, I'm a Catholic, but I'm not a very active one. Actually, I'm not religiously active at all. To tell the truth, I have no time for religion.

« Reply #288 on: January 29, 2007, 04:21:28 PM »
Having no time for religion is like saying you have no time for breathing.  No matter how busy one is, their true beliefs and religion guide them through the decisions they make and the paths they follow.
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »
I'm a Christian, but I'm in the same situation as The Chef. I don't have any time for religion either. I'm also beginning to doubt that God actually exists; there are so many things that disprove everything written in the Bible. Like evolution, for example.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2007, 04:45:56 PM »
I guess I'm a non-believer, then.  :/

« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2007, 06:32:00 PM »

Was it my grammar? X_X

My basic beliefs:

I believe that there is a God.

I believe that He helped evolution along.

It is in my opinion that one can embrace both science and religion.

I think people have messed up religion, really. Did Jesus, Muhammad or anyone else set specific rules to worshiping God? I think as long as you have a personal relationship with God, then you can embrace science and everything else (Mario!). And of course, if you don't believe, that's cool too.

And that's pretty much it.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2007, 07:35:30 PM »
My basic religious beliefs are:

- I believe that there is only 1 God
- I belive that prophets came to promote the religion.
- I don't believe that people can convert other people; it's all in God's hands.
- I believe in jins and angels.
- I don't believe that you have to go out of your home just to worship God.

and I was talking about my grammar, PL. I also think that whoever and whatever you choose to follow is your choice, no one elses.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2007, 08:03:36 PM »
I also believe that there is an evil force out there too. (Stan with an "a" between the "S" and "t". Many people believe that there's a God, but no devil.)

« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2007, 11:37:09 PM »
As I've said 2 years earlier, I'm still pretty...unreligious (no, not a word, but I couldn't think of one to get my thought across).

Raised Catholic, our whole family pretty much stopped practicing after my sister made Confirmation. I've not set foot in our own church in over 3 years, but I have been to others, mainly for funerals of old relatives. Truth be told, our church isn't very good. My mother claims they're very greedy, and I can believe it.

Now, the church where I used to live..that place was fun. Across the street from it was a Catholic school. Every Monday after school I'd attend a religion class there to prepare for my Reconciliation, and Communion (most children there made their first Communion at the age of 7 or 8, as I did). I think I was the only one there who actually enjoyed the taste of the bread (I still do). After church every Sunday morning, there would be a breakfast held in the school. We'd go and enjoy ourselves there, and chat with friends, etc.

The priests at the old church were cool, too. They'd always tell jokes which made everyone laugh. The only time I laughed at our "current" church was when one of the priests tripped and fell as he walked up the stairs to his podium.

After I moved I was "home taught" my Religion classes the first year I lived here. After that I went to a woman's house every Wednesday evening. She was nice, her kid was nice, but all the other kids were terrible. I also realized my first year there that they had not made their First Communion yet. I basically sat that year out, and after that I prepared to make Confirmation my Freshman year of High School. I didn't look back after I left the Church that day.

So, yeah, you're all bored to death or skipped my post entirely. =)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #295 on: January 30, 2007, 02:01:55 PM »
You know, I'm not very religious.
Honestly, I think there are more important things to do in life that worry about where you go when it ends. You know, life doesn't last forever, but death does, so why not worry about these things once you die? You'll have forever to do it.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2007, 05:00:04 PM »
You know, I'm not very religious.
Honestly, I think there are more important things to do in life that worry about where you go when it ends. You know, life doesn't last forever, but death does, so why not worry about these things once you die? You'll have forever to do it.
You do realize how silly that sounds, don't you? If you were already dead, it would be too late to do anything about where you're going. :P
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #297 on: January 30, 2007, 05:22:06 PM »
I hope they have Mario in heaven!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #298 on: January 30, 2007, 07:02:22 PM »
Heh, I doubt it. Then again, I've never been there, so I guess I'll just have to wait.

I live in a small town, so the people at my church are people I can relate to. They're funny, loose and make the class fun.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2007, 09:33:17 PM »
Whatever floats your boat Solid, but goodie is absolutely right. Worrying about making it to heaven while you're burning in the fiery depths won't do you any good. :P
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print