Print

Author Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog  (Read 11860 times)

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2006, 05:59:23 PM »
I disagree. Sonic X is what made me realise just how much cooler Shadow is than Sonic. It's kinda sad that they had to *mumble* him off but it was essential to the plot.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2006, 10:58:16 PM »
I love Sonic games! I just got into the series somewhat recently (the first Sonic game I ever owned was Sonic Mega Collection for the GCN), but I've rapidly gotten more and more Sonic games as I found out how totally awesome they were. My favorite old Sonic game is Sonic 3 & Knuckles; I've played hours upon hours of that game since I unlocked it on SMC. My favorite newer Sonic game is Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. The gameplay is great, the music is just too cool (I agree with Hirocon, "Escape from the City" is out of this world), and the Chao Garden gives the game endless replay value.

I have also noticed that I am a lot easier to please than other people when it comes to the other 3-D Sonic games; I think the much-maligned Sonic Heroes is a ton of fun to play, and I also really like Shadow the Hedgehog, which for some crazy reason every major game reviewer seems to despise.

The Sonic game I've most recently gotten is Sonic Riders. I've hardly played it at all yet, and I felt a bit disappointed at the beginning because it was somewhat different from what I expected, but then again, I felt disappointed at first when I got Kirby Air Ride (which is very similar in concept to Sonic Riders), but later grew to absolutely love it.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2006, 11:09:21 PM »
Hey, whoa, smfan1085's back! *starts cheering*

Yeah, I don't see why StH got such bad reviews. It's discrimination, I tell you!

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2006, 01:50:24 AM »
Whoa, I was just wondering who of all people would be remembering me here, but then I realized that Ultima Shadow was Luigi Simpson! Thanks for the welcome back, man!

I'm actually rather steamed at the way two reviewers at Game Informer magazine gave StH a 4 and a 2 (yes, a 2!) out of 10, and the way one of them responded to some angry readers, telling them in an infuriatingly opinionated manner that the game sucks utterly and only admitting he was wrong in one detail in his review, when he said that Charmy was a robot. (How could anybody except a major UN-fan of the Sonic series mistake Charmy for a robot?!?!?) But, eh, the only reason I get the magazine anyway is because I got a free subscription along with my GameStop card.

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2006, 02:21:22 AM »
Heh, and don't forget, Ledzeppelinrocks is now also Hyrulian.

Okay, Sonic-related question. For my birthday, I may be getting Legend of Zelda and Pokemon Leaf Green. I have heaps of friends, and since most give money, I'm stuck on what to buy with it, and I decided on a Sonic game for GBA. Question is- which should I purchase?

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2006, 05:34:30 PM »
Hmmm.......I'd get Sonic Advanced 2, that is, if you don't have it already.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 05:36:07 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2006, 05:42:35 PM »
The only Sonic game I own is Sonic Battle GBA, but it's glitched. =(

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2006, 10:25:02 PM »
Yeah, Sonic Advance 2 would be a good one to get, but be warned: a lot of the game's special features, including the Tiny Chao Garden and the Sound Test, are unlockables: you have to get all the Chaos Emeralds with a single character to unlock each feature. It's still quite a fun game, though, and I personally don't regret buying it. (I have everything in it unlocked now, including the super-cool Super Sonic battle at the end, even though I did need some help from GameFAQs in finding some of the Special Rings.)

Other good options include Sonic Advance + Sonic Pinball Party (two Tiny Chao Gardens in one game!) and Sonic Advance 3 (no Tiny Chao Garden this time, but it has character voices, a unique tag team gameplay arrangement, and other cool things in it. (Unfortunately, SA3 is also the only Sonic Advance game I completely finished without GameFAQs help.)

P.S. I also figured out that Hyrulian was LZR. Having to keep up with several name changes at KRR Forums made me good at this. :)

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2006, 10:19:34 AM »
Sonic Battle is fun. You should get it right now because it's really fun.

Any one here play Sonic Adventure 2/Battle?

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2006, 05:00:12 PM »
I've got Sonic Battle... my first Sonic game. However, it erases itself, meaning I don't get to progress in Story Mode. But, that's okay- I just use Shadow all the time anyway.

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2006, 06:15:03 PM »
I've got Sonic Battle... my first Sonic game. However, it erases itself, meaning I don't get to progress in Story Mode. But, that's okay- I just use Shadow all the time anyway.

I knew that response would come from you.

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2006, 07:56:12 PM »
Sonic 2 Battle is really great. It dominates all of the other games he's had out recently. Mainly do to the awesome side quests like the chao.

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2006, 08:07:21 PM »
If Nintendo and Sega ever unite and make a racing game with a choice of many Sonic/Mario characters and Shadow and Luigi are selectable, I'd be in a terrible dilemma. >:(

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2006, 08:31:52 PM »
They've already brought Pac-Man and Mario together. Who knows? It may happen!

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2006, 09:36:14 PM »
Actually, I hope it would be something like Double Dash...

*Uses Chaos Control to teleport into second, then bombards Tails and Mario with electric charges*

Print