Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1276625 times)

« Reply #570 on: November 08, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »
Well, in my math class the tests/quiz section is 60% of the grade, but then in my Anthropology, it's 10% for the test, and 70 for classwork, with the last 20 being homework.  Those are the only classes that give any indication how the grades are balanced.

In the Hopeful area, I won a bunch of PS1 and SNES games from eBay, which should be here sometime next week, to be enjoyed for a few days before I set aside my time for the Wii.  That, and I'm getting my new RAZR on Friday.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #571 on: November 08, 2006, 08:42:35 PM »
You won them? Anyway, I got a 100 on a math test recently, and I was only one in the class with an 100!!!!!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #572 on: November 08, 2006, 08:42:41 PM »
I'm happy because I'll be able to get a new DS game on Friday and I'm getting paid 40 bucks tomarrow.

Which one (or pair) should I get? Should I get Animal Crossing: Wild Word, Super Princess Peach, Cooking Mama and The Sims 2, Trama Center, New Super Mario Bros., or  Brain Age and Cooking Mama?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #573 on: November 08, 2006, 08:44:52 PM »
NSMB and BA. One of the best selling games for the DS!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #574 on: November 08, 2006, 11:35:42 PM »
That's what you do on eBay. You win things. Auctions.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #575 on: November 08, 2006, 11:56:32 PM »
I just earned $25 doing practically nothing. I could use a new DS game, myself... I'm thinking WarioWare: Touched! but I just remembered, I don't have my M&L:PiT card. Don't know what happened to it. So, replace that game or get WarioWare...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #576 on: November 10, 2006, 07:11:03 PM »
I finally received my first paycheck in some time, for wor I did in September.  50 bucks, and I don't know what to do with it.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #577 on: November 10, 2006, 10:19:15 PM »
Well, the day after I posted that, a friend let me borrow WarioWare: Touched, and that helps my decision a lot. I'm going to buy it tomorrow after bowling, 'cause it's so addictive... Someday later I'll replace M&L:PiT. Just so no one wastes any time giving me their points of view.
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #578 on: November 10, 2006, 10:30:09 PM »
* Luigison wastes his time

I like WarioWare Touched! a lot more the M&L:PiT.  The first Mario & Luigi was awesome, but something about the second one was boring to me.  WarioWare Touched! was so good for me that I made an interactive high score DS page for it. 

* Luigison hopes

I'm hopeful that Sensei will pick my YouTube video as a winner so that I can get a Ubisoft Wii game for Free.  I think I'll get Rayman Raving Rabits since I canceled all my GameStop stuff today (see angst thread).
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #579 on: November 11, 2006, 12:15:02 AM »
I personally thought M&L:PiT was really really great. Not as great as M&L:SS, but that's hard to do anyway. If you want to mail yours to me...
Watoad's review was really accurate. It's like my DS is going to blow up if I don't get the microgame done in time. Then there are those pointless toys... I got that parrot to say "Help! Deezer is feeding me bread!"
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #580 on: November 11, 2006, 03:47:18 PM »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #581 on: November 11, 2006, 04:20:25 PM »
So, I went to Gamestop after bowling...
Me: Nnn... I don't see Touched! on the shelf...
Mom: Ask the clerk.
Me: Do you have WarioWare: Touched for the Nintendo DS?
Clerk: [checks computer] Ah, nope, not a single copy...
Me: Ah. Well, the other reason I'm here is to ask, when Wii is released on the 19th, would it be possible to get one if I didn't reserve?
Clerk: Maybe. Only if we get extras, which we might not.
Me: [knowing that I'll never get one from here] Well, okay...

To Target
Me: They don't have WarioWare here, either. Crap. Excuse me, um... On the 19th, er... I mean, have preorders for Wii been taken, or will they be, or what?
Target Man: Nope, they'll all be up for grabs. First come, first serve.
Me: Really? Great! So, when are you opening on the 19th.
Target Man: Eight AM. But no hurry, really, if you show up early you'll be able to get one.
Me: Oh, cool.
Target Man Number Two: I don't know, the vendor I talked to said that throughout America on release day, there'll only be one million Wiis to go around.
Target Man: Well, yeah, but...
Target Man Number Two: And that's for everyone, not just Target. Wal*Mart, GameStop, EB Games, Software Etc.
Me: [Knowing darn well the latter two will get, like, five Wiis each] Well, I just want to know if I'm one of the earliest birds, could I get one here?
Target Man: Yeah. I mean, there'll be campers, but there should be enough Wii for everyone.
Me: All right, see you next week.

And I even got a microphone from there. Plug and play, it works. Oh, and we won all three games bowling today, and today was important. We are in first!!
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #582 on: November 11, 2006, 04:33:32 PM »
You might want to check http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii/ to see how many Wii systems your Target and WalMart are getting.  Mine's getting 51 and 53.  My Software Etc. and GameCrazy are only getting 10 each.  GameStop is probably getting more, but I'm not buying stuff there (see my angst post).  I didn't check Circuit City.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 04:38:16 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #583 on: November 11, 2006, 04:41:33 PM »
39 at Target, very nice. I'm in the clear zone. Commence the walking on air.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #584 on: November 11, 2006, 04:45:06 PM »
Well, Best Buy seems like the best place to go for a Wii. They're getting the most Wii's on launch day.

96 at my Best Buy

I've got 2 Target's by me. 69 at one of them and 60 at the other.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print