Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260296 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5970 on: January 02, 2015, 11:25:56 AM »
I had a cat like that.  Not a stray that showed up at my door, though.  My family got her from the local Humane Society. 

She would always come into my room and sleep at the foot of my bed.  You know all those movies about special bonds between humans and pets?  It was kinda like that.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5971 on: March 03, 2015, 01:59:44 AM »
Here is the rest of the puppy story.

They lived in the back storage room with the space heater and each other to keep them warm throughout January.

Spring comes early here, and they were rapidly getting too big for the nine of them to stay comfortable and not make the air unbreathable in that little room for even a day at a time. My dad and I built this fenced-in area and made a doghouse out of a crate. They learned to use the dog door on the storage room door almost instantly, and about a day after this picture was taken a plastic flap was added over the door of the dog-crate so that they wouldn't forget how to use one.

Still couldn't really identify the breed mix they are. Lily has webbed feet and a soft baggy mouth like a lab, her ears are shaped like an aussie's and she has some aussie mannerisms, and maybe some border collie... no idea what she hooked up with but the puppies have similar features to hers. All different coats, different patterns, different fur thickness and length, who knows.

I would usually hop over the fence instead of using the gate because of how eager they were to see me or my parents or their parent. They had human contact every day they were here. I think they'll prove to be friendly and very easy to train as a result.

But since there's no grass in the back, they were always awfully dirty. Especially on the days that it rained. They got the idea of keeping the area surrounding the crate clean though, and all the crap would be closer to the wooden fence.

Right before they turned 8 weeks old I put a "free to good homes" post on craigslist. One person contacted me within the hour, but that night I also got into some texts with an animal shelter urging me to let them take them and put them through a more formal adoption process, which would include all their vaccines on time, deworming, spaying and neutering. I get that there are some freaky people who'll take free puppies just to abuse them or as targets to train fighting dogs, so I agreed... but I also let the first guy and his fiance come by and take two first. They seemed trustworthy enough. So just like that, two of them found homes and five of them were taken to a foster home to live in a volunteer's backyard until about three more weeks from now, until their medical stuff is finished and they're ready for adoption. Seven of them, gone. Yeah, of course I cried, which really got my eyes burning on top of not having slept the previous night. I slept for about 16 hours after that. I don't know if Lily was anxious about seven of them disappearing, or if she was just bored, but she tore a few things up in the days following, like my old shoes.

These two were still here for one more week. Little Bear on the left, Bowie on the right, the two my aunt Pat had chosen. She has one dog already, Sunny, who is really really old, an escape artist for leashes, a cat murderer... she is really very sweet, but not a take-on-a-walk dog. My mom and I took them there on Saturday and they settled in immediately. Sunny actually seemed a bit excited to have the company, her granddaughters love them, they're reportedly "already housebroken", and I get to see them grow up.

The next day, yesterday, I took Lily on her first walk (also her first extended period of time on a leash), into the orchards behind the house. That went well, and I wanted to take her on another one today, but didn't because the side of her mouth was all swollen up. I'm pretty sure she just got a bee sting. That's what happens when you try to catch bugs in your mouth indiscriminately! She's already looking better, so I'll take her tomorrow. She's got saggy empty teats that need toning.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:03:36 AM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5972 on: March 11, 2015, 12:35:33 AM »
I can't believe I'm entering my twelfth year here (I think my actual anniversary is sometime this week or next).  Does that make me one of the senior members of the forum?

I hope Chupperson, Sapphira, among many, many others are doing well, wherever they happen to be at.  I hope everyone who still contributes now, new or old, can enjoy themselves the way we all used to. 

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #5973 on: March 11, 2015, 07:27:42 PM »
Well, I'm gonna be here for 4 years in around October (including my old account), and I still enjoy every single time I see a new post.
I mean I rarely ever actually log in but still.
Oh yeah and I beat Chrono Trigger yesterday so yay.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #5974 on: March 16, 2015, 05:22:15 PM »
I hope you know that there's, like, ten other endings, depending on when you fight Lavos.
Relics.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #5975 on: March 17, 2015, 03:50:41 PM »
I've loved Chrono Trigger for a while now, so yeah, I knew.
I mean, even if I didn't, the fact that on the DS version (the one I played) it unlocks an "Ending Gallery"should tip me off.
Now all I want to do is get the ending where Crono talks, the one where he's a Reptite, and the one where Marle has Frog as an ancestor.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5976 on: March 23, 2015, 10:53:23 PM »
Ah yes, Chrono Trigger.  Just beat it recently myself (DS version) after buying it 2-3 years ago, playing until 65,000,000 BC, and then forgetting about it. 

What a magical game.  I'm starting Final Fantasy VI (actual SNES cartridge, got it at a game store) this week.  Still working on the Elite Four in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #5977 on: March 24, 2015, 06:13:27 AM »
Final Fantasy VI? Funnily enough, I'm playing that one right now.
Also, if you haven't gotten to the part where you have to split your party into 3 groups, watch out for that. I could only make it through after getting multiple game overs, and an annihilation.
read jitsu wa watashi wa

« Reply #5978 on: March 26, 2015, 04:38:18 PM »
You mean in Kefka's Tower? I still can't beat that place on Virtual Console because I only leveled up characters I actually used, like Terra and Sabin.
Relics.

« Reply #5979 on: March 26, 2015, 07:02:11 PM »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5980 on: March 26, 2015, 07:37:11 PM »
This video has been removed by the user.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5981 on: March 26, 2015, 07:59:13 PM »
There's a .gif of the title screen in the comments.

I'M SO HYPED
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5982 on: March 26, 2015, 08:26:28 PM »
I'm going to assume it's fake, both because of some problems pointed out in the comments and because I don't want to get disappointed again, but I would be so happy if this ended up being real and it outsold Sticker Star.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5983 on: March 26, 2015, 10:43:34 PM »
I don't believe leaks, ever, until proven... and I don't have a particular desire to play PM2 on 3DS... and if it does happen I just know that it'll be a test and if it doesn't sell a million billion copies (because of people who don't want to play long timesink games on handhelds, or people who don't want to get the same game again for another 40 bucks) Nintendo will never try and make a good Paper Mario again and confirm as much in an interview, expressing utter confusion..........

Oops not very hopeful

Pups are beautiful, look happy and are ready for adoptions in Dublin, CA

just the first five, there

Not meaning to change the subject, just lighten the mood of my own post, resume
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5984 on: March 27, 2015, 12:15:51 AM »
I was just about to ask about that sixth one. Almost thought Lily was sniffing a little extra butt on the side.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print