Poll

Should American citizens have the right to burn the flag in protest?

Yes
No
Print

Author Topic: American Flag  (Read 25498 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 02:43:52 PM »
Maybe it could be legal, but it is DOWNRIGHT DISRESPECTFUL. Also, If you hate america, why are in it's economy? Why do you take advantage of what this country has to offer and offer it no respect in return?! Why the dukar are you even here?!

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 03:19:39 PM »
I don't think that burning the flag means that you hate the country in some cases. 
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 03:35:02 PM »
Yes, in fact, it can be in protest. Also, to retire a flag, you cut it, then you burn it.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 06:34:23 PM »
Also, If you hate america, why are in it's economy? Why do you take advantage of what this country has to offer and offer it no respect in return?! Why the dukar are you even here?!
A lot of those people are unable to leave for some reason or other. They may not have enough money to go to and become a citizen of another country.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 08:39:01 PM »
Well this is the only country they can be in, so they should like it. Unless they want to go to a third world nation or live in the ocean, America is the only country that will offer them a home and they burn what America stands for. People should learn to love and respect their home or get lost.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 09:04:13 PM »
I suppose prisoners should learn to love prison too.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 09:19:54 PM »
Well that's their fault. They were born outside of prisonand never have to go there. people are born and grow up in america. Jail is punishrent, america is a home and if you don't like your home get lost or learn to like it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 09:22:15 PM by solidmushroom »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 09:35:08 PM »
Quote from: #tmk
<FireLuigi> i say, burn all flags.
<BirdPerson> If I were stranded on a desert island (as I am) with nothing but an American Flag to use to make fire, I'd burn it.
<Markio> It should have been more like "Do you think there shouldn't be a law against burning the flag?"
<Markio> do you live in Hawaii, BP?
<BirdPerson> CA, but fireLuigi seems to think I'm The Skipper.
<FireLuigi> aye aye, skipper
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 11:28:56 PM »
If I saw an American burning the flag, I'd honestly be fine with it.  I would simply think less of this person, as it shows a bit of a downside in their character for having the need to burn something.  I would never burn the flag, as I respect America and its great history (though disappointment dawns on me every 4th of July -_-').
Honestly, I think there are more important issues to worry about. 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 03:36:18 PM »
I would never burn one except to honorably dispose of it. Otherwise, it's a waste of a perfectly good flag.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 04:52:45 PM »
I'm personally more concerned about the environmental effects (if any) of burning the paint within the US flag than I am about the offensive nature of flag burning.  Outlawing flag burning to protect a symbol of freedom is ridiculous.  The symbol of freedom is of trivial importance compared to the freedom itself.  You can hate all or part of America and still choose to be a US citizen if you hate all other countries more.  In the words of Winston Churchill:  "It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."  Technically the US is a Republic, not a Democracy, but you get the point.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 11:34:12 AM by Hirocon »

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 09:58:21 PM »
I would never burn the flag unless I was outraged at some awful decision which I don't see happening any time soon.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2006, 10:03:41 PM »
I've been outraged at a lot of our government's decisions in the last few years, but I doubt I'd burn the flag to protest, even though I do still think it should be legal (If flag burning is banned, the far right will try and figure out what over encroachements on the 1st amendment they can make). I mean, I'd probably take a much less flam[size=0]e[/size]boyant route of protest. Like complaining on an internet forum about Mario games. That's just me, though.
~I.S.~

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 07:37:29 AM »
Perhaps I would burn the flag if it became illegal.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2006, 09:57:51 AM »
Burning a flag would put pollutatnts into the air, though.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print