Poll

Should American citizens have the right to burn the flag in protest?

Yes
No
Print

Author Topic: American Flag  (Read 25499 times)

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 12:16:51 PM »
I really don't think there would be an environmental effect.  We should all replace our lawnmowers.  There are a huge disaster for the environment for being just a garden tool.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 12:30:43 PM »
So.......what will we cut our grass with then?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 12:38:51 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2006, 02:03:44 PM »
Electric lawnmowers! :)  I want one very badly.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2006, 05:00:14 PM »
It's also kinda fun if you use a nail clipper, assuming it's not that hot out.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2006, 05:48:39 PM »
Electric lawnmowers! :)  I want one very badly.

Electric, huh? I thought about getting one because the gas from my current one smells terrible.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2006, 09:05:09 PM »
Yeah, I managed to talk my dad into buying an electric weedeater. But he's still holding out on the lawnmower.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2006, 11:07:57 PM »
I have an electric lawnmover. It's quite convenient, and I highly recommend one for people buying a new lawnmower.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2006, 11:09:31 PM »
Gas-powered lawnmowers can't be making much of an impact on the environment. Removing gas-powered cars might show some difference. Lawn mowers, not so much. Is the battery life good on electric ones?
That was a joke.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2006, 11:19:48 PM »
According to Title 4 of the U.S. Code, "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."

Touching the ground...
But these are just guidelines for showing proper respect for the flag, not enforceable laws, and there is nothing stating that the flag should be destroyed if this happens. If a flag does touch the ground, the proper course of action is simply to lift the flag up, and if it's dirty, clean it. It should only be burned if it is damaged or soiled beyond repair.

I have an electric lawnmover. It's quite convenient, and I highly recommend one for people buying a new lawnmower.
Hooray!  You are helping the environment out a ton by having an electic lawnmower.

Removing gas-powered cars might show some difference. Lawn mowers, not so much.
Although cars are worse than gas lawnmowers it still doesn't mean that it is okay to use one.  Remember, just because you can't do everything doesn't mean you should not do anything at all.

Gas-powered lawnmowers can't be making much of an impact on the environment.

For being a a simple garden tool, the pollution is just ridiculous.  Using a gas mower for one hour is just as bad as driving a new car 93 miles!  That is way to bad for me when you are talking about a common lawnmower. 

Jman

• Score
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2006, 11:22:31 PM »
I don't know if I should touch this one...this is where I could become all radical.  I will say this though, I agree completely with Blue Toad and I.S.  Flag Burning itself is a freedom, but you'll never see me do it.  Just because we have the right to do something, doesn't mean we should do it.  It reminds me of this quote that goes something like "We should do what we ought to, not what we want to."  I can't remember it completely, but it's a great quote.  
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2006, 05:42:41 PM »
I dunno, I still like using the gas-powered, because I had a friend who's uncle's electric lawn mower exploded on him.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2006, 06:33:42 PM »
Exploded?  How can that even happen?  Has anybody ever heard of an electric appliance exploding?  I haven't.

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2006, 09:00:40 PM »
 I've heard of electric cars blowing up too. Anyway, I think we've gotten off topic here.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 09:02:52 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2006, 09:37:40 PM »
This is what I don't get. People are all worrying over Global Warming...but wasn't it like 10-15 years ago we were worrying over another Ice Age?

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2006, 09:45:32 PM »
Yeah, man. I'm tired of worrying! We all worry about the enviroment and everything blowing up in our faces and nothing happens. I think it'll turn out alright in the end.

Print