Print

Author Topic: Sonic/Mario crossover?  (Read 11309 times)

The Chef

• Super
« on: July 26, 2006, 02:57:07 PM »
Yes, I know the topic at hand has been done to death, but this time it's a little different. I want to see what you guys think would be good ideas for a game like this. Ideas such as: the plot, which characters would be featured, the gameplay, whether or not Mario and Sonic will be rivals, etc. So watchathink?

My idea for a plot involved Eggman accidently using the Chaos Emeralds to warp to the Mushroon Kingdom and meet Bowser. They decide to join forces and help one aother get rid of their enemies. Sonic and the other Sonic characters end up chasing Eggman into the Mushroom Kingdom and getting separated. From here, Sonic and Tails have a fight with Bowser, who tells him that Mario and Luigi are the real enemy. Amy Rose ends up at the castle and meets Peach while Knuckles lands in the middle of Nowhere with the Master Emerald, which Wario tries to steal. Eventually Sonic and Mario realize who the real villains are and go after Eggman and Bowser back into Sonic's world (which may or may not be Mobius, accordig to the games' canon) and the second half of the game picks up from there. Leading all the way to a final battle in the pathway between the dimentions. How's it sound? You may post your own ideas if you wish.

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 05:37:21 PM »
I don't know about this idea. Different people, different opinions. I wouldn't like it, I don't know why, I just have this feeling that I wouldn't like it.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 06:02:22 PM »
I agree with G-Dawg. Game franchise crossovers are really too hard to do unlless nobody cares about the story (such as in SSB).
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 06:21:09 PM »
Yes, I know the topic at hand has been done to death, but this time it's a little different. I want to see what you guys think would be good ideas for a game like this. Ideas such as: the plot, which characters would be featured, the gameplay, whether or not Mario and Sonic will be rivals, etc. So watchathink?

My idea for a plot involved Eggman accidently using the Chaos Emeralds to warp to the Mushroon Kingdom and meet Bowser. They decide to join forces and help one aother get rid of their enemies. Sonic and the other Sonic characters end up chasing Eggman into the Mushroom Kingdom and getting separated. From here, Sonic and Tails have a fight with Bowser, who tells him that Mario and Luigi are the real enemy. Amy Rose ends up at the castle and meets Peach while Knuckles lands in the middle of Nowhere with the Master Emerald, which Wario tries to steal. Eventually Sonic and Mario realize who the real villains are and go after Eggman and Bowser back into Sonic's world (which may or may not be Mobius, accordig to the games' canon) and the second half of the game picks up from there. Leading all the way to a final battle in the pathway between the dimentions. How's it sound? You may post your own ideas if you wish.

Yeah you told me this story countless times.

"A winner is you"

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 06:31:50 PM »
I don't foresee this happening, mainly because they are different company mascots, and the taste would only appeal to so many gamers. Mabey a fighting game would be better (hey, it worked with Smash Brothers Brawl). We might even see Sonic make a cameo in the game. Who knows? Mabey Mario and Sonic will finally be able to trade punches.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 06:56:33 PM »
I honestly don't see why some people think that this crossover is not a good idea.

I mean come on.2 famous icons meeting each other?It is pure genius.

Really would you rather watch lousy flash movies about these 2 fighting,most of which are waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too biased towards one character or would you rather actually witness it?

I for one think that this is a wonderful idea.So if you think that crossovers are a bad idea then you may aswell complain about Smash bros.

Thats just my point of view.
"A winner is you"

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 07:03:25 PM »
I never said this was a bad idea. I said "I don't foresee this happening." If it were up to me, we'd have crossover's all around. It's a good idea in my opinion.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 07:05:07 PM »
I wasn't referring to you paperluigi.
"A winner is you"

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 07:39:11 PM »
I don't like the idea of Sonic and Mario combining adventures into one story-based game.  It would just be too off balance, and strange.
Super Smash Bros., however, runs by no story and is a mixture of very many game characters.  The two are very different. 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 07:40:33 PM »
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  But personally I rather like the idea.  Normally I tend to frown upon crossovers, but your story idea is really good: simple-yet effective.  It would also be a good chance to show some of Mario's personality (other than the mushroom-eating, pasta-loving hero that we all love).  Basically, it could either be a hit or a flop: but either way Nintendo would make big bucks.  The important thing here is not to let Sonic's colorful cast overshadow the heroic plumbers.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 07:52:44 PM »
Well, I have never owned or played a Sonic game so I can't really have much of an opinion. I don't think it's a bad idea... The Chef's propsed story is pretty good. As for the title, I'd better not cause any damage. Too bad this will so-much-more than likely never happen.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 10:12:18 PM »
I actually like the idea of this crossover. It would work especially well as an RPG.

P.S. Speaking of SSB I heard a rumor that Sonic was going to be in Brawl. Is it true

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 10:23:52 PM »
Don't listen to rumors man! I hate all of those sonic in SSBB rumors! But it would be cool, Just wait for the approval of Nintendo.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 12:20:46 AM »
I think that it is implied by even my username that I think this is an awesome idea. =D

Still, it would need to be done correctly. If it's too Sonic-orientated, some Mario fans would complain, and if it's too Mario-orientated, the Snoci fans would complain. Then again, if it was 100% bad, then both sides would be angry. =\
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 07:20:13 AM »
I'd have no problem with Sonic in a SSB, tennis, bassball, etc., but Sonic and Mario shouldn't be together in an adventure/platform game. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:30:36 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print