Poll

Are you for or against gay marriage?

For
27 (67.5%)
Against
13 (32.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Print

Author Topic: For or Against?  (Read 57451 times)

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2006, 10:47:30 PM »
The Bible: Have you ever actually sat down and read that thing?  There is so much hate in it that God supports! 

God supports just about everything evil.  Anyone that has read the Bible knows that the Bible states that "the law of the Lord is perfect."-Psalm 19:7

According to these laws, we are supposed to kill millions of people:
-kill everyone that works on Sunday
-Kill teenagers who dissobey their parents
-Enslave people from other nations
-Oppress women
-Kill anyone that happens to be homosexual
-The list goes on 

An intelligent person does not believe in a god or gods.  He can clearly see that all religion is a cult put out there by primitive men that did not have any scientific answers on how the world works.

An interesting note:
In Greek Religion, a handful of the gods were gay or bisexual!  Zeus in fact was bisexual!  Sadly, Christianity is the most popular cult that practices hatred and oppression.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2006, 10:57:02 PM »
Whoa. I mean just...............whoa.

Come on, fuzzy. I know I was wrong to dislike you for your beliefs before, but come on! I have read the Bible, and it says nothing about killing homosexuals.....or any of that for that matter.

You seem to be hateful towards us as it is. If God is so "evil", then why are you being evil towards us? Christianity, in my opinion, is no cult. It is what I base my faith on.

Besides, this is a topic about gay marriage. There was no reason for you to do that.

Oh, and welcome back! I'm sorry I was so mean to you before.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2006, 11:06:01 PM »
I work every Sunday and yet no one has killed me. Fuzzy's probably talking about the religous nuts that base practically everything they do on God. Those people really annoy me, especially when they believe I'm going to the Home For Infinite Losers because I don't practice their beliefs.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2006, 11:09:37 PM »
Home for Infinite Losers............Dragon Ball Z..........good times.

I don't read anywhere that God instructs people to kill others on Sunday. That's really extreme. What kind of Bible are you reading, anyway? If you hate Christianity so much, then why do you read the Bible in the first place? Just calm down. We aren't here to kill............unless anyone's a Ninja Christian assassin.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2006, 11:12:42 PM »
Don't listen to anything fuzzy said in his post, anyone.

« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2006, 11:39:14 PM »
*smacks his head a few times with his hair comb*

...My memory of his post is gone......that, and all my knowledge of global warming.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2006, 11:43:56 PM »
Don't know whether to say "Welcome back, fuzzy," or "Shut up, fuzzy." Either of which would be preceded by a "Heh, heh, heh..." so I'll go with just that.
Heh, heh, heh...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2006, 12:05:00 AM »
Wow. Just, wow. I am in complete shock.
Fuzzy has the most inaccurate perception of Christianity I've ever heard from anyone in my entire life. I'm not even going bother arguing against him because I doubt it'd make any difference anyway. I can't even begin to say how utterly untrue his claim is. I can't even fathom how anyone can even jump to such a conclusion based on that passage. All I have to say is that before you make such horrible, bold (and incorrect) statements about the Bible, why don't YOU actually read it? The whole thing, especially what Jesus has to say in it.

The fanatics you possibly base these claims from who killed people for "religious reasons" had a skewed perception of Jesus' teachings as well. I wish people wouldn't judge something based on the actions of a few (or many) so-called followers. Jesus taught love, respect, and compassion toward others, not hatred, oppression, and killing.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:07:45 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2006, 12:44:35 AM »
There are freaks who publish books supposedly based on the bible about how to whip your children and stuff.
Needless to say, they're total fruitcakes. like fuzzy
That was a joke.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2006, 12:56:19 AM »
Leviticus 20:13
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:58:11 AM by Hirocon »

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2006, 01:30:14 AM »
John 8:3-11 (Can be applied to any of the other laws, including and similar to the one in the verse you said.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 01:36:13 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2006, 07:25:31 AM »
I read a book based on John 8:3-11. I'm sure you've all heard of or read the Scarlet Letter, correct?

I wonder what fuzzy's motive was. He came here for about 2 minutes to post a comment that almost everyone disagrees with, and then he just left. Was he trying to change are views by calling the Christian members "Unintelligent," or was he just being rude? It doesn't matter now.

Let us forget when fuzzy wronged us, and get back to the riveting topic of gay marriage.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2006, 08:13:06 AM »
All I need to say is that condescending people for their religious beliefs is just as wrong as condescending upon them for not having religious beliefs.

The problem is that, to some athiests, the actions (and beliefs) of "psychotic" Christians (a very small minority... actually, other religions have these people, also) tend to be so extreme that they can overshadow the motives of the rest of the population who see Christianity (or religion in general) as a basis for self-improvement. I know after having to deal with people who constantly act as if they're better than I am because they're religious and I'm not that I tend to get frustrated about religion in general. Those feelings tend to be sporadic, but they happen. I'm sure I'm posted a couple messages here that show these moments.

Anyone heard of the Landover Bapist Church? That website has several passages from the Bible that seem to support some of fuzzy is saying about it. Although, it is somewhat strong (but not YOU ARE ALL STUPID FOR DISAGREEING WITH ME strong, I don't think) in its messages, so the easily offended may not want to go there.
~I.S.~

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2006, 10:58:20 AM »
John 8:3-11

Thank you, Sapphira.  For the record I don't agree with fuzzy's assessment of Christianity; I was just posting that verse for reference.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2006, 11:19:13 AM »
I think it's important to remember that even though the Bible was written through "divine inspiration", it was still written by people who lived during times when they had slavery, shortage of women's rights, and lacked such an in-your-face society that we have today.  So there's a bit of a culture difference between Europe from 2000 years ago and the world today.

Insane Steve, just for clarification, when you say you don't believe in God, do you mean that you don't believe in any form of an almighty god-like being?  Because I know some people say that but they just mean "the" God, so I just want to hear it from you.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print