Poll

Are you for or against gay marriage?

For
27 (67.5%)
Against
13 (32.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Print

Author Topic: For or Against?  (Read 57456 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2006, 11:45:06 AM »
I do not believe in the existance of any "higher" beings that control the universe or the like.

5/6 of the people in the world don't believe in "The" God.
~I.S.~

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2006, 12:11:45 PM »
Off topic: I am not here to stay.  This topic is very important right now so I thought that I would say what I felt.  I hate religion. I really do.  It causes so many problems and hatred tword people.  None of your little Bible quotes are going to change me either because I don't believe in fairy tales.  If you believe in God then why not unicorns, witches, and centuars?  But if it is in a book that was written thousands of years ago then it must be true!  If you don't take the Bible literally then you don't believe in God.  If you take it literally then you are a fool that believes in a fairy tale.

On topic: Gays should be allowed to get married without having to go to another country like Cananda, the UK, Netherlands, Spain, etc.  One state isn't going to cut it either.  Marriage should be a civil right. 

P.s.:  I do not think all Christians are evil.  Or any other person who practices a religion.  I was just saying what was in the Bible.  Which it is all in the Bible.  Reread it a bit closer next time.  
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:16:17 PM by fuzzy »
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2006, 12:15:06 PM »
Hit and run? Don't be a coward. If you say something like that, you must be prepared to take hits from the opposite side. Unless, of course, you're a coward............

I don't even understand why you have to be that way.  Insane Steve doesn't believe in God, but he doesn't call us stupid for having a religion. You really need to stop.

EDIT: You said that we're fools for believing in a "fairy tale." I don't think you could be more hateful than that.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:20:39 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2006, 01:24:06 PM »
fuzzy, even though I respect your opinion on your view of religion...

You don't have to make it sound like that everyone who is religious is a fool for believing in a "fairy tale".

Yeah, I consider myself a religious guy. And it doesn't bother me that you aren't religious (I really don't care), just don't be so hateful about it.

Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2006, 03:50:18 PM »
You must respect the beliefs of others, fuzzy. If this is all you came back to do, I'd say you should go back into that hole you were in for the past few months.

What you're doing is hocking a huge loogie on what quite a few people in this thread are standing for (and laughing while doing so). I respect your beliefs, I'm sure others do as well, but not respecting other's beliefs will not help at all. Even before you left, you attacked the beliefs of others, claiming "I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG. DEAL WITH IT." when most of your opinions could not be backed up at all. There's no point in posting in a thread like this if you're not going to respect the beliefs of others.

You turned the thread celebrating a talented artist's birthday into "LET'S ALL GO VEGAN BECAUSE IT'S FUN" thread. There was no point in doing that, either. I quite enjoy meat, and I'm not going to turn into a vegetarian because you want me to. But, no, you didn't respect OUR opinions on meat, and we yelled at you for that. You also backed up your opinions on stuff that wasn't based on fact. If you can't find factual evidence to support your claims, don't start the argument.

Most of these people you're attacking HAVE read the Bible, and multiple times, I'm sure. I believe them when they say they do. And that's great, they enjoy the book. It contains stories that make people feel better and try to live by. Telling them to read it more carefully because it states stuff that's considered nonsensical in today's world (though it might be true, I don't know myself, as I can't bring myself to read such a huge book) is just mean.

You want to return? Fine, do what I'm telling you in this post and RESPECT the beliefs of others, don't ATTACK them.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2006, 03:51:50 PM »
Uh... Vid, you seem to be attacking what fuzzy belives.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2006, 03:55:27 PM »
Yes, but he's saying that he respects his way of thinking. Fuzzy, on the other hand, did not want to respect what Christians believed in, and instead of keeping his mouth shut, attacked us claiming that it was "evil", and that what he said was completely correct. Vid is simply explaining to fuzzy that every opinion is valid.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »
Let's look at God's Plan.  According to the Christian religion, God has planned every birth and every death before it has happened. 

God must plan a lot of murders to kill people, and he has planned all abortions.  Yet Christians fight abortions and don't one of the Ten Commandments tell you not to murder?  God must plan a lot of rapes too in order for his birth plans to go into affect.

This means that everybody on the planet must just be a simple puppet that God cruelly controls.  Everything is already set in place.  If everything is already planned then prayer would be even more meaningless then it already is now.

God's plan is impossible because God is imaginary.

But some people are to blind and unwilling to listen to the truth.  They are too thick skulled to realize that the Bible is just one big cruel story that doesn't make any sense at all.  A story that tells people to believe what isn't true.  The Bible is a fairy tale.

Those of you not afraid to see the truth go to: http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm

« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2006, 05:36:30 PM »
*deep, annoyed sigh*

Well, I tried. You cannot get through to idiots. Sorry, guys.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2006, 05:38:51 PM »
He's hopeless. He cares about nothing but his precious enviroment and trying to prove everyone else wrong. What a pathetic way to live.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2006, 05:39:46 PM »

God has a plan for everyone, but he gives people freewill. If they follow the plan he wants for them, they'll be living to the fullest. If they don't, well, it's up to each individual. God knows what everyone will end up doing, if they'll follow him or not, but he doesn't control us. What we do is up to us.

Fuzzy, you seem to be the only one who is blind, unwilling to listen, and thick-skulled to anything anyone has to say.

If you don't stop insulting and bashing and attacking and disrespecting people's beliefs, fuzzy, you'll be banned. You can believe what you want and have your own opinions, as long as you're respectful about it. Keep being disrespectful, and it won't be tolerated here.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 05:42:37 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2006, 05:43:45 PM »
Argh. Just do what fuzzy tells you to do, like he wants it.
Quote from: fuzzy link=topic=http://themushroomkingdom.net/board/index.php?action=post;topic=9577.msg438140
Please ban me!  (I'm not kidding.)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2006, 05:50:44 PM »
Yeah, he did say he wanted to be banned.  And God knows he'll be back again to argue his point. He just doesn't give up.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2006, 07:14:36 PM »
There you go again.  Saying that I am the one that is wrong even though I am the only one that speeks logic.  We are too different to get along.  So are you going to ban me or what?  Sheesh!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2006, 07:26:06 PM »
I get along fine with Insane Steve, and he and I have very drastic viewpoints. The thing is, we're both respectful. And that's the problem: not that you have drastic points of view from me (and others), but you're disrespectful.

Problem solved.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print