Poll

Are you for or against gay marriage?

For
27 (67.5%)
Against
13 (32.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Print

Author Topic: For or Against?  (Read 57409 times)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #165 on: August 19, 2006, 09:31:37 PM »
The sky is wrong.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #166 on: August 19, 2006, 09:53:08 PM »
Sapphira did a good job explaining what I was actually going to explain about free will.

If the Christian religion didn't have good points to it, so many people wouldn't follow it. If something is inherantly bad, the masses tend to shy away from it.  I have less of an issue when people are respectfull in their beliefs, than when they attack something that does have good points.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2006, 12:48:53 PM »
Sooner or later, fuzzy, you are going to HAVE to learn how to respect other people and what they believe in. If someone believes in God, don't complain to them. We're only complaining to you is because you refuse to accept the fact that everyone doesn't think the same as you. Just get over it and move on.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2006, 01:33:07 PM »
I think it's time to get back the topic of gay marriage now.................

I gave it some thought, and after thinking about it a little, have come up with something to consider:

I don't believe the law should play an influence on whether or not someone should get married to the same sex. Yes, I think it's wrong, and there's no way I'd ever do it, but taking away someone's right to do so would be to condemn them to a life of unhappiness. That's even worse than saying we can't have children because of over-population.

Imagine how bad Lance Bass had it. He was around 3 other guy members for a loooong time, and he's gay.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 02:18:02 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2006, 02:59:44 PM »
I have no respect for Lance Bass as a person.
That was a joke.

« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2006, 03:17:16 PM »
The day he confessed it, my initial reaction was "No [crud], Sherlock, I'm pretty sure we're all aware of that". My sister was a huge fan of that band, and I was forced to watch them on tv or listen to them on the radio.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2006, 03:35:31 PM »
I hate the Backstreet Boys................wait, are we talking about Lance Bass or gay marriage? Or religion...........huh. It's hard to tell.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2006, 03:47:55 PM »
I thought he was N*sync
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2006, 05:24:19 PM »
He was. Doesn't matter much though, my sister was enamored with both N*Sync and the Backstreet Boys.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2006, 07:09:50 PM »
I think gays should be grateful that they have the right to do anything, not that they shouldn't.  But it used to be they had to keep everything in the closet in fear that they could lose their life if anyone found out.  Think about it, they don't have to live in constant fear anymore, for the most part.  I do know there are still what someone might call "gay bashers" people who look for gay people (men and sometimes women, depending how extreme) to beat up.  I also know that gay people's parents still disown them, which is also against the Bible Fuzzy...  We don't kill our kids becuase they're gay, or even disown them, God wants us to forgive them and come to odds with them, not that they're doing something wrong but they are doing something wrong in the Bibles eyes.  So I guess what I am trying to get at is that I hate it when people mope around saying they have no rights becuase they're gay or bisexual, look at what you DO have.  They can Kiss in public without fear, they can spend life with the one they love, they can share they're money, house, dog, cat, or whatever they desire, they also have all they're clubs and marches and parades.  If you got this far, don't you think reward might be just around the corner?  I mean you basically only have 1 thing you can't have.  I just don't like the banter, thats all, and there is my peice.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2006, 09:12:32 PM »
I thought he was N*sync

Whoops. Well, I never paid much attention to either band, so it really doesn't matter. You gotta feel sorry for the guy, though. I mean, for the sake of his whole career (in addition to his friends) he hid his homosexuality from the world for a long time. I have to take it into perspective; it'd be hard to keep my heterosexuality secret if I lived in a world full of gays. That's why I've changed my mind about the law putting rules on it.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 09:14:10 PM by PaperLuigi »

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2006, 12:05:43 AM »
You are correct. Lance is from N*Sync.

Art

« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2006, 08:43:25 PM »
 I had a similar debate in a different forum about gays, and there will always going to be 2 opposing opinions.

I don’t hate homosexuals, but I can’t indorse or agree with their life style I feel they cut against what is Gods design. Creating health issues, going against the natural biological human functions. I know some people have chemical imbalances, deformities, caused by various environmental influences and I know that not everything in life is black and white, so for people with these issues there are ways of helping them through medical means, and I’d leave all the judging on what is what to God. But for people who choose this life style, well… that’s their own doing. 

In life we all have choices to make, and can make them anytime we want, but should always keep in mind that we have no control of the consequences that come from them. (Good or bad).

As for marriage I believe it should be kept between woman and man only and I know that even a traditional marriage is not always successful and unfortunately there is a high rate of divorce. I know from small claims court shows on TV and the endless assembly line of people and divorce problems… Sigh. Whatever happened to commitment? A family that has good set of values and love for one another is able to work things out (thick and thin).I know my grandparents, parents and other relations have found this kind of love. As for gays it seems they are confused on the meaning of love. Love comes in many, many different forms, Love for country, God, parents, siblings, friends, pet, etc, etc, and it’s not all about sex as some people get confused with; as some are driven blindly by there own lusts and not thinking clearly on the consequences of there choices which manifest into a bees nest of more problems. Which in this case, gay or not we all make mistakes….

As for the bible, (this topic seems to sway this direction.) amazingly enough that it can be intrepid in very different ways, for many people; as history has told us that in times of old where “Christian crusaders“, that held up the word of God for false agendas and how do you think there are so many different variations of Christian beliefs, Churches/ Denominations named in various kinds all having there own variations of the understanding of the Bible (like the battle between the Catholics and the Protestants that has been going on for Centuries). But out of all this sometimes the most important things get put off to the side. (I’m not in anyway saying that all churches are bad) The Key is Jesus the deliverer of us all, while some people bicker and fight over the religious details and traditions, its the shed blood of Christ that counts the most of all taking our sin debt to the cross. A gift for anyone to receive by faith for forgiveness, he’s just a prayer away. Christ never contradicts his own teachings as some have done.
For knowing what bible to go by, I personally recommend the King James Version (as it is an older English translation, which I think older means more accurate closer to when original languages of the times were read and spoken. 

« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2006, 03:58:38 PM »
That was awesome, Art. I agree 100 %.

« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2006, 05:01:08 PM »
Sure. no-one recognizes what I wrote..
I only watch [adult swim]

Print