Print

Author Topic: The Wii: A System that will revolutionize gaming to a whole new level.  (Read 10073 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: November 30, 2006, 05:52:34 PM »
If the title of this topic is true, then why do I hear so many people online say that it will fail?  Are the games too kiddy?  Or are a lot of "mature" gamers out there the kind that think that only playing GTA and other titles of that nature make them mature?  Or that playing any game with a bright background makes them gay?  Then you have the fanboys.  This is self explanatory.  The guys that say "This system will suck because it's from this company."  I don't get it.  Wii Tennis looks like a total blast, it actually brings you into the game.  I have a friend who got one, and he says it's amazing.  I have another friend who's maybe getting one for Christmas.  Needless to say, I think I know where I'll be spending some time over break.  Anyway, I think I just gave myself a big reason to go and buy one...if I had the money.  So, enjoy the Wii.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 05:53:55 PM »
I think it's still the traditional Nintendo stereotype.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 08:24:46 PM »
They said that about the Gamecube too. I've been able to ignore most of it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 09:41:32 PM »
What are we supposed to be talking about?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 09:55:40 PM »
Yeah, not to bash Wii or you, but this topic will only lead to fanboyish PS3 and 360 bashings and stuff. And what's this "Will fail" business? It's already out and has left Sony in the dust, statistically.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 05:42:28 AM »
That's because Nintendo shipped more Wiis than Sony shipped Playstation 3's.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 06:29:48 AM »
I don't understand it, either.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 02:41:46 PM »
Who is saying it will fail? It's sold out everywhere, and all the developers love it.
And everyone online seems to love the games so far.
And it's already been out for almost two weeks.  People know it's good already.
I don't understand the point of this topic.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 06:17:34 PM »
Jman, you really need to think before you post. Most of the time your posts add next to nothing to wherever you're posting them. I don't mean to insult you, just giving a little friendly advice.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 01:39:10 AM »
yeah, this was just a thought I had one night.  I guess it didn't need its own topic.  I think I am losing my luster.  I've run out of good quotes for the "things the Mario characters would never say" topic.

Edit: Some idiots on Youtube were spouting crap about how Wii was going to fail.  I guess I shouldn't worry, though.  Those people shouldn't be allowed to have opinions.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 03:06:13 AM »
yeah, this was just a thought I had one night.  I guess it didn't need its own topic.  I think I am losing my luster.  I've run out of good quotes for the "things the Mario characters would never say" topic.

Edit: Some idiots on Youtube were spouting crap about how Wii was going to fail.  I guess I shouldn't worry, though.  Those people shouldn't be allowed to have opinions.

1)  Don't post anything that is "just a thought I had one night". 

2)  Everyone can have their own opinions.  The problem as Scott Adams put it is that we don't have "the knowledge of who is smarter than ourselves on any given topic".

* Luigison may be the guy who mows your lawn.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 03:13:49 AM »
Those people shouldn't be allowed to have opinions.

I've got a new catchphrase.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 01:45:45 PM »
Wow, at my lowest point, I gave someone something.  This isn't the first time I've posted "a though I had one night" though.  Remember the 9/11 threads?

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 10:45:32 PM »
I can't predict whether it will "fail" or not, but the Wii seems to be selling well so far. And the only negative comments I've read about it were that anything involving "power" (such as graphics, hard drive space, etc.) were too primitive compared to the XBox 360 and PS3. That does not worry me so much, though. Nevertheless, I just do not want the Wii to end up being an overall disappointment.

In the end, I want a Wii no matter what.

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 02:29:08 AM »
I would think that unless they start to spontaneously explode during bowling after a month, there is no way the Wii will be a total let down.  After selling as well as it has already, it's on the edge of impossible to fail.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print