Print

Author Topic: SSBB: New stage is Delfino Plaza  (Read 14505 times)

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 08:21:16 PM »
meh.

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 08:50:51 PM »
"Meh" is what I said when I saw the new stage. I'd like to see some new characters before I get too hyped up.

No offence to you Super-Jesse, it's wonderful that you're providing good info about the game.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 11:13:58 PM »
When I was listing areas that I'd like to see become Smash Bros. stages, Delfino Plaza was included.  Then again, it seemed fairly inevitable.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 01:48:33 AM »
I'm neutral towards Piantas except in one regard -- I LOOOOOVE the Chucksters. I wet myself with glee when I got chucked in Mario Party 8.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 07:43:16 AM »
Sludge obstacles on the ground seem the most likely. FLUDD as an item!!!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 12:30:50 PM »
I "wet" myself with "glee" when I got "chucked" in Mario Party 8.
Fixed.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2007, 08:27:25 AM »
^ LOL

I don't know... this is a cool stage, I guess; I just hope there aren't a ton more like it (let's see... make a 3D-scape, have a platform fly around it... Oh, look, we're done! Okay, onto the next one).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 11:49:23 AM »
And hopefully it'll have something more other than flying around it. Besides the goop (which could vary since SMSu has numerous types), what other gimicks/hazards would Delfino Plaza have on its players?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 12:26:37 PM »
Throwable fruit stuff! You could pick them up from stands and chuck them at your enemies! The would be pretty sweet, diffrent fruit could cause difffrent amounts of damage, if Yoshi ate one, he'd change color for a short time! Wouldn't do anything special though. Maybe his B  button attack would be to spit out juice! No sure about Kirby...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Boo Dudley

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »
The spontaneously combusting piantas comes to mind. Get outta it's way!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 12:46:43 AM »
They does? When was there spontaneously combusting Piantas?
Maybe at the parts with the beach you'll be able to swim. Seemed really really strange how the water in Great Bay didn't affect gravity's effect on the players, and even stranger considering that a BOULDER was floating in the water and wouldn't sink even if four giant metal Bowsers somehow stood on it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 06:54:39 AM »
If there ever was a spontaneously combusting Pianta, I'd be very happy. Piantas are the most disgusting, selfish creatures in the Mario universe. They care nothing for Mario even though it's clear as day the imposter looked nothing like him. But I guess that just shows how pathetically stupid they are.

*ahem* Anyway, the new stage I really want to see might be along the lines of a haunted mansion type thing that coincides with (da, da, da da) Luigi's Mansion. Ghosts flyin' around with E. Gadd in the back causing unintentional havoc would be just plain sweet.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 06:58:46 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 11:47:44 AM »
That's kinda what I was thinking, I'd love to see the smashers duke it out on the roof of Luigi's mansion.  Boos would occasionally hover around wreaking havoc, and sometimes, Bowser's head would float around spitting fireballs at the combatants.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 12:05:16 PM »
I don't care for piantas either and would love to see one spontaneously combust. I guess the closest thing would be the ones that are on fire for some odd reason. I can't help but wonder if they just have really bad eyesight though. Whatever. At least the nokis are nice.

And yes. A Luigi's Mansion stage would be neat.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Boo Dudley

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 08:55:03 PM »
They does? When was there spontaneously combusting Piantas?
Maybe at the parts with the beach you'll be able to swim. Seemed really really strange how the water in Great Bay didn't affect gravity's effect on the players, and even stranger considering that a BOULDER was floating in the water and wouldn't sink even if four giant metal Bowsers somehow stood on it.

Nobody remembers the piantas that ran around on fire waiting to be put out? (Apparently they didn't teach, stop drop and roll, on delfino.) Then they'd say "mahk mahna ha hana!" and give you a blue coin or something.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 08:56:51 PM by Boo Dudley »

Print