Poll

WarioWare characters for the Mario games?

Yes, by all means!
10 (43.5%)
Don't care, as long as the classic characters are kept.
8 (34.8%)
No, they don't belong there!
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Print

Author Topic: WarioWare characters in Mario games?  (Read 18361 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 07:13:35 PM »
I think (I hope) the half-open eyes are intentional.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 07:44:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure those goggles wouldn't fit anyway, so why not make them even more useless?

I don't remember enough from WarioWare cutscenes to know whether or not he ever uses them.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »
Mini games are just not doing it for me, and neither is Wario's biker outfit.  I'd like to see him set off on another treasure hunt in his classic attire.

Wario World 2: The Search for More Money.
Though I like the WarioWare series very much, I have to agree that it's very sad that the Wario platformers became rare since WarioWare. I wish for Wario Land 5. Master of Disguise is good, but not as good as the Wario Land series.

I'm pretty sure those goggles wouldn't fit anyway, so why not make them even more useless?

I don't remember enough from WarioWare cutscenes to know whether or not he ever uses them.
Indeed, as far as I know, he never uses his goggles in the games. The same goes for Mona and Spitz. By contrast,  9-Volt never removes his helmet including the goggles...

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 02:21:54 PM »
This'd be just like asking if characters from Donkey Kong Country belong in the Mario series.

They're fine, but only work best in games like Brawl when put together. I wouldn't mind seeing a WarioWare character besides Wario in another Smash Bros. game
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 03:14:25 PM »
.. Master of Disguise is good...
NOT! 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 04:53:33 PM »
No. Heck no. It just doesn't seem right, they're... apparently, I don't believe the Wario franchise is part of the Mario franchise. I STILL don't believe Waluigi should be considered part of the Mario franchise.

But if they did appear, I'd like to see Dribble and Spitz. Characters I liked most from the first game. Also liked 9-Volt and the afro disco guy, but I could live without them. Never played any of the other Warioware games.

For some reason, I always thought Wario looked his best in the Greek fisherman hat. Made him look like he was on safari. Since I hadn't completed Super Mario Land 2 by the time I saw Wario Land, I just assumed Wario was always supposed to look like that.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 04:56:28 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 08:29:02 PM »
I see no reason why Warioware characters can't be welcomed in Mario spin off games. I'd love to have a game where both DKC elements and WW elements are included in Mario themed events.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 11:35:48 PM »
SSBB?
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »
This'd be just like asking if characters from Donkey Kong Country belong in the Mario series.
The difference is that characters from Donkey Kong Country (Diddy, Dixie, and the Kremlings) already made it into the Mario series.

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 11:13:39 AM »
I don't think Wario Ware characters belong in Mario at all. They look different and act totally different from characters like Yoshi, Luigi and Peach. Wario Ware Wario doesn't belong in a Mario game either. I pray that they don't integrate Wario Ware Wario into Mario games, because then he'll stop wearing his overalls. That may not matter to some, but to a guy that grew up playing the Wario Land games, the overalls make all the difference. Sorry, but his Wario Ware outfit sucks.

>

QFT, all the way. Wario Ware is the reason they never made Wario Land 5.

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 11:32:34 AM »
I like both versions of Wario, and I wouldn't mind if characters from both series made appearnces in the opposite series (kind of like how Wario is in his 'Ware outfit in Brawl, but at the heart is still the Wario that I've come to know and.. love.. or hate.. or..)

As long as it's done tastefully, and not in a way that would harm the reputation of both franchises (9Volt replaces Toad, and Pyoro is helping Mario rescue Yoshi! Egads!!)

On a side note: If Nintendo ever wanted to do a remake of Wario's Woods, the Wario Ware characters would fit nera perfectly into that. Just keep Toad as the hero..

Also, what does QFT mean?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 12:05:23 PM »
Also, what does QFT mean?
it's short for, "Quoted for Truth"
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 02:18:49 PM »
Wario Ware is the reason they never made Wario Land 5.

Wario Land 5 would've been awesome. Sadly, we got Master of Disguise instead.

I'm not saying the Wario Ware games are bad, because they're not. I just really hate his outfit. Pink jeans with an extremely tight blue shirt screams "too flamboyant," especially for Wario.

I still think the Wario Land games were the best Wario games ever. To anyone who has never played a Wario Land game, pick one up at a Game Stop or something. You're missing out if you've only played Wario Ware.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 07:33:42 PM »
And I will be the first in this thread to totally disagree because I can barely scrape together any fun in Wario Land games at all.
That was a joke.

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 08:38:09 PM »
I liked Wario Land 3 well enough, but it seemed like a game that should have come out before Wario Land 2.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Print