Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi 3 Coming in 2009  (Read 73034 times)

« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2009, 10:16:12 PM »
Thanks for the links, Fullmetal Mari0. I have to say, I can't wait to play this game. Even though it looks like Mario and Luigi will be in Bowser's stomach for the entire game, the "levels" in Bowser's stomach look pretty good. For all we know, the whole Mushroom Kingdom could be in Bowser's belly. And since he super-inhaled (like Kirby) Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toadsworth and the others, they're going to be scattered through his huge body, meaning Mario and Luigi will have to travel to Bowser's brain, heart and other places just to rescue the others...all while trying not to become digested. I think it's kinda cool. Maybe while they're in his belly, they'll find an antidote for the bloated Toads and find out what gave Bowser super-sucking powers. I'm pretty sure Bowser will suck up anything he sees, including Professor E. Gadd.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:18:17 PM by FlamingBlueMardio »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2009, 12:57:46 AM »
Thanks for the links, Fullmetal Mari0. I have to say, I can't wait to play this game. Even though it looks like Mario and Luigi will be in Bowser's stomach for the entire game, the "levels" in Bowser's stomach look pretty good. For all we know, the whole Mushroom Kingdom could be in Bowser's belly. And since he super-inhaled (like Kirby) Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toadsworth and the others, they're going to be scattered through his huge body, meaning Mario and Luigi will have to travel to Bowser's brain, heart and other places just to rescue the others...all while trying not to become digested. I think it's kinda cool. Maybe while they're in his belly, they'll find an antidote for the bloated Toads and find out what gave Bowser super-sucking powers. I'm pretty sure Bowser will suck up anything he sees, including Professor E. Gadd.

Actually, I've already concluded that they won't be in there the WHOLE time; if you notice in some of the videos, not only does it show them in the outside world (already with the new bros. gauge & pretty high HP) you can also see floating blocks in the overworld; Bowser has no jumping function/button, so who's job is that gonna' be I wonder?

I personally think Bowser's insides are going to be kinda like an "intro" level of sorts overall (even though that's been a BIG focal point of the game's news so far).
It's going to be a killer game though, without a doubt.
"Silly Bowsie, tiers are for queers!"

« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2009, 04:03:22 PM »
Hey folks, NP's new issue has M&L 3 in it, in Previews. Check it out. Also, oh look, its the Fullmetal Alchemist Mari0!

« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2009, 12:34:26 PM »
I'd still like to know what the moon/mushroom meter means. I notice that it shows up on one of the blocks (along with Jump, Hammer, Bros. Items, etc.) on this page:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/cljj/battle/index.html

(It's the orange block w/the green and red thing, the shapes look like a mushroom and moon to me, anyway).
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2009, 05:00:12 PM »
That's for the new "Bros. Attacks" (I don't know if that's the TRUE term for them, but it's kinda wishful thinking on my part).
But yeah, on that same page, that  picture of morbidly-obese Weegee is one of those new attacks.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2009, 05:09:05 PM »
But the shell would seem to represent Bros. Items. Though, there seems to be a points system for using them...?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2009, 02:28:50 PM »
The weird pig shown in the pictures will be called "Sowser"

A mixture of Sow- A word for pig  (But isn't it a mother pig...?), and Bowser.

Sounds a little blunt since Bowser's going to be going against Sowser, but whatever.

Okay, so here's my attempt at the story from what we've found:

A strange disease strikes the Mushroom Kingdom, infecting Toad's and blowing them to huge sizes. Mario and Luigi go to Peach's Castle to attend a meeting on how to cure the disease.  Suddenly, Bowser attacks, and Mario easily defeats him. Bowser's kicked out, into a forest, where he finds the Lucky Mushroom (Which is actually a trap set by Fawful) with a Magikoopa, which gives him the ability to suck in things like a vaccuum. Bowser goes back, and sucks in Mario, Peach, Luigi, a few Toad's (Including Toadbert), and Chippy (The Strange Yellow Star). Bowser procedes to go on a rampage, sucking in all the Toad's in the Kingdom. Mario and Luigi survive, and run around, helping people. Later, Bowser finds his castle being attacked, and a strange pig (Sowser) takes over. Somewhere in all this, Bowser finds Brirock and Blodog (the Block things) and PROBABLY sucks them in (A source states that Brirock helps Mario).

Other Details:

*Fawful also takes over Peach's Castle
*Fawful is Sowser's Boss
*It appears (as Fullmetal said) that Mario and Luigi will eventually escape Bowser and roam the land. They may even join Bowser in the end. The official Mario and Luigi site shows 3 bubbles, one with Bowser and one with mario and Luigi in Bowser, and the two bubbles pointing to a bubble with a ?, which is the end game (or middle game) gameplay.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:44:40 PM by Nintendoobsessed »

« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2009, 04:22:18 PM »
"Sowser"....?
...Where's the source for that? 'Cuz I'm not seeing it on either the official Japanese site or the Super Mario Wiki.

And you do know that the random Magikoopa is Kamek, yeah?

The official Mario and Luigi site shows 3 bubbles, one with Bowser and one with mario and Luigi in Bowser, and the two bubbles pointing to a bubble with a ?, which is the end game (or middle game) gameplay.

-The hell? That's not it at all...
That page shows some of the Bros. actions, Bowser's actions, and the "center" one shows the Bros. influencing Bowser from the inside (in that video's case, helping to stimulate Bowser's muscles to allow him to pull Brirock's little island to the shore).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:52:35 PM by Fullmetal Mari0 »

« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2009, 07:10:41 PM »
Scratch Sowser.

NP Info:

The name according to NP is Metabos.
Fawful is behind it all, confirmed
Toad sets up a shop in Bowser

Famitsu scores 35/40.

While there are "no dramatic changes," Famitsu's reviewers could find very little to complain about. "The fun action and lovely pixel art of the previous game has been further polished, creating a game filled with the sort of fun only the DS can provide." The M&L-touring-Bowser's-body gimmick is lots of fun, it seems, and while one reviewer "would ask for a little more length," this is still "a great game, one that serves as an example of how games should be made."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172612
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:22:39 PM by Nintendoobsessed »

« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »
one reviewer "would ask for a little more length," still "a great game, one that serves as an example of how games should be made."

Uh-oh.. Sounds like we have another PiT, but I'll reserve judgement until I've actually played it.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2009, 06:54:45 PM »
Game length is overrated.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2009, 08:06:24 PM »
People wanting game length is the reason why games like Sonic Unleashed turn out crappy.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2009, 09:10:26 PM »
Game length is overrated.
QFT. Portal. World of Goo. Majora's Mask. Kirby's Dream Land. Luigi's Mansion. Need I say more?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2009, 09:12:59 PM »
Nope. You need not say more.

Unless you care to mention everyone's beloved Super Mario Bros.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2009, 10:10:59 PM »
I don't mind a game being short as long as it also feels substantial. Good short = Luigi's Mansion, Majora's Mask, Shadow of the Colossus. Bad short = Not to be mentioned for fear of a rebuttal.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print