Print

Author Topic: Melee or Brawl  (Read 24892 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2008, 02:48:24 PM »
I thought the SMRPG characters were jointly owned by Nintendo and Square.
That was a joke.

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2008, 03:09:59 PM »
So either one could use them?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2008, 03:11:29 PM »
So neither one could use them unless they both agree on it and get credited (รก la M&L:SS).

-LD

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2008, 05:47:41 PM »
I don't get why Squeenix is so stingy about Geno, anyway--it's not like he's been in any Final Fantasy/what "new" RPG-of-the-month they make these days. I guess it's just fun to get off on the sheer power of being able to have creative control (then again, maybe Nintendo/HAL/whoever just doesn't ask around much. Still, I hear Sakurai was an avid Geno supporter...).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2008, 07:11:09 PM »
Yeah, the whole company is going "huh huh, it's so fun to keep people from using our partial copyrights!"

No.
That was a joke.

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2008, 07:17:07 PM »
Yes, I'm pretty sure they are!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2008, 02:51:05 PM »
- Nook, + Animal Crosser

Yeah, perhaps maybe a character called simply "villager," based off the main character.  It would be a defense/recovery-based character.

Standard B: Slingshot--self-explanatory.

Up B: Bunny P balloon--floats through the air for a long while, similar to Peach's up B.

Side B: Fishing pole--hold down to charge distance and power, hits opponents and reels in items.

Down B: Shovel--reflects, projectiles, hits opponents.

Final Smash:  Fruiot bomber--float into the air in the Bunny P balloon and nail the opponents with fruit that you can later eat.

At least, that's what I think an Animal Crossing character would do.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2008, 03:31:43 PM »
For some reason, Firefox is opening the search box every time I try to type an apostrophe, so I@m replacing it with @s temporarily.

Maybe it@s just me, but the argument that Geno shouldn@t show up in games because he@s only been in one game seems a bit circular. How@s he supposed to get into any games if he can@t get into any games until he@s in more games? Besides, he@s been in just as many games as Lucas. Anyway, the reason I wanted Nook instead of Animal Crosser was because I also wanted Miis, and having Miis and Villagers would seem a little redundant. Kawashima deserves to be in for the same reason as Mr. Game & Watch: they@re both quirky characters rendered in primitive graphics that helped bolster Nintendo@s handhelds.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2008, 04:34:02 PM »
But Lucas played a starring role in the game he was in; Geno didn't.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2008, 05:28:57 PM »
NO. MIIS. They are not characters. They are doodles of oneself for games that have no characters such as Wii Sports and Wii Play. What possessed Nintendo to let them into Mario Kart, I do not know. But, don't you think it's a bit narcissistic to want to play as yourself instead of a Nintendo character in a game meant to be a great crossover fighter for Nintendo characters? As yourself instead of a Mario character in Mario Kart? Note I'm not targeting you, but I've heard this idea so many times and to be blunt, it's terrible and purpose-defeating.

"He's only been in one game" isn't my excuse for not wanting Geno. I just don't think he belongs in Super Smash Bros. He should be living peacefully up on Star Road right about now. Gaz probably sold the doll he inhabited to a museum: This doll came to life and saved the world from Santa.

Kawashima isn't quite on the same level as Mr. Game & Watch. For one, he's not REALLY a video game character--he's a real-life dude. Of course, the real one isn't a floating head.

Now, as I have said before, I did want Miis to appear in Brawl as the successors to Fighting Wire Frames. That would be rather amusing. And Kawashima would be awesome with not a playable appearance, but a different kind of appearance.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 05:32:54 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2008, 08:48:19 PM »
Kojinka, how do you figure Geno didn't star in SMRPG? He was only integral to the entire plot and played a pivotal role in the story! Yeah, that sure isn't important.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2008, 06:40:32 AM »
Yeah, the whole company is going "huh huh, it's so fun to keep people from using our partial copyrights!"

No.
Well, why do you think they haven't done it?

NO. MIIS. They are not characters. They are doodles of oneself for games that have no characters such as Wii Sports and Wii Play. What possessed Nintendo to let them into Mario Kart, I do not know. But, don't you think it's a bit narcissistic to want to play as yourself instead of a Nintendo character in a game meant to be a great crossover fighter for Nintendo characters? As yourself instead of a Mario character in Mario Kart?
It seems to me that Miis appearing in a game is kind of an Official Nintendo Seal of Casualness. You see Miis anywhere in Twilight Princess? Metroid Prime 3 Corruption? Brawl? There you go (well... I've got this nagging feeling they were in MP3 somewhere, but the point is that Miis really just don't scream "thought-out and professional" to me).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2008, 11:40:55 AM »
Miis WERE in Corruption, they were used as an icon for game files, as well as bobbleheads in Samus's ship.

But it's like BP said, they're a very basic representation of the player and should probably be only used in games like Wii Play and Wii Sports.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2008, 03:51:28 PM »
Miis WERE in Corruption, they were used as an icon for game files, as well as bobbleheads in Samus's ship.

But it's like BP said, they're a very basic representation of the player and should probably be only used in games like Wii Play and Wii Sports.

Well, if you want to get technical, they were in SMG that way, too (not the bobblehead part... why does Samus have bobbleheads?).

Also, I agree.  They're just supposed to be some cute little feature for Wii "Insert Title Here" games.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2008, 06:15:21 AM »
Well, Dr. Wright got in Brawl, and he's sort of based on a real guy. I never really wanted Miis to play as myself, I was just kind of expecting them to get in, and then started hoping that if any characters I wanted didn't get in, I could at least make a crappy Mii version of them and pretend. And Geno definitely had a starring role in SMRPG, allowing for the fact that Mario will pretty much always get top billing in a Mario game. Geno's basically a cooler version of Midna.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print