Print

Author Topic: Women of the Mushroom Kingdom  (Read 14446 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2000, 03:01:13 AM »
Well, If limited to the Mushroom Kingdom, then Daisy is not on the list either.

Speaking of Mario Tennis: If they were running short on characters, could they not have put in Tatanga instead of inventing Ruigi (I like that name more...)? Or perhaps use some of those from Mario Golf (Who are those guys, anyway?)?

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2000, 10:19:40 AM »
There is Plum, who I think is Peach's sister. Or Camelot just made those up for kicks. And Maple....

---
Like Mario and Perfect Dark Fan Fictions? Come here!
http://pub14.ezboard.com/bimaginationmarioandpdboard

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2000, 11:50:09 AM »
actualy, all the princessed are the same. In japan they were all princess peach. But in america they kept changing her name. Pretty cool huh? So there really is only one. Well I'm not sure I think the donkey kong girl was named somthing different but she wasn't a princess she was Mario's girlfriend.

Doomba, King of the Goombas
Doomba, King of the Goombas

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2000, 05:53:05 PM »
You guys are forgetting Syrup.  She's the villain in the Wario Land games, and the only Mario character besides Bowser to be the final boss in more than one game.  Plus, she could beat the stuffing out of Peach.

Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2000, 05:54:41 PM »
By the way, exactly when did Wrinkly Kong die?

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2000, 06:12:40 PM »
One more is Wanda.  She was the fairy/witch/sprite thing that was playable in Mario vs. Wario, which never hit American shores.  She made blocks appear in order to help get Mario to the exit.  Umm... yeah.

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2000, 06:19:52 PM »
If you go here:

http://come.to/magicbox

and click on the news of May 31, they have a news item about Mario Tennis.  One of the new characters is a Boo, but she/he/it is named "Teresa".  There's nothing to distinguish Teresa from her fellow Boos, but it appears to be a new female character nevertheless.

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2000, 07:45:09 PM »
Wrinkly Kong died after DKC3, yet a bit before DK64. And I did mention Syrup. You should pay more attention to details from giant chicken ostriches. THey have so much to say...Kweeh!

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2000, 09:37:59 PM »
According to the SMBDX booklet, the Cheep-Cheep(Flying Fish) is a girl

Blah Blah Blah Leave me alone.
~Waddlyman@aol.com
Blah Blah Blah Leave me alone.
~Waddlyman@aol.com

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2000, 08:04:42 PM »
Are all of those Mushroom Retainers male?  If so how did they have little mushroom retainers...?
 If anybody knows the answer please DON'T tell me.

I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)
I see all, hear all, and know all. (At least about SMB DX.)(and SM64 )

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2000, 10:22:53 AM »
Everyone else seems to have forgotten about this post, but I thought of two more ladies... In Wario's Woods for the NES there is Sarissa, a cute little witch, and Aquaela, a pink-haired mermaid.  They're opponents for Wario.  _Now_ this list is complete.

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2000, 11:59:01 AM »
The Mushroom Retainers were presumably female, since some sources call them "Mushroom Girls."  I always thought Birdo was a species (or 3, green, purple, and red; or maybe it's 3 sup-species or 3 races, I don't know the "Mario" taxonomy) not an individual.  The Birdo character is named Catherine.  Cheep-Cheeps are male and female, they're fish!  Lakitu is a woman, right?  
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2000, 05:39:24 PM »
Mushroom Retainers are both male and female.  In Super Mario RPG, we clearly meet lady Shrooms like Raini and Gaz's Mom and Grandma Toadstool.  Birdo's name is Catherine?  This is news. I thought Birdo was a boy who thinks he's a girl and likes to be called "Birdetta."

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2000, 03:38:22 AM »
Actually, I don't think SMRPG is "canon".

Let's do the Mario, all together now!

http://codebook.stals.com
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2000, 08:10:30 AM »
Koopa Troopa? It kinda looks like a girl..and sounds (SM64 and MP)

Jesus Freaktus
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Print