Poll

Which Prankster Comet did you find the most frustrating?

Speedy
2 (8.7%)
Cosmic
3 (13%)
Fast Foe
0 (0%)
Daredevil
11 (47.8%)
Purple
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Print

Author Topic: Most Difficult Prankster Comet  (Read 8396 times)

« on: April 29, 2008, 06:36:38 PM »
When you were playing Super Mario Galaxy, there was always that Prankster Comet that made you cringe: for what seemed to be an endless period of time, you just could not beat that challenge. Which one(s) was it?

For me, those two comets were the Daredevil and Purple Comets.

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 06:41:46 PM »
All of the Cosmic comments in Luigi mode. Hard. Nuff' said.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 06:48:04 PM »
The Bouldergeist Daredevil Run was one of the hardest missions in the game. I had to replay it about five times.
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 06:54:43 PM »
Bouldergeist Daredevil Run and Luigi's Purple Coins were the hardest for me. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 07:25:30 PM »
The Dreaded Duo: Luigi's Purple Coins on Toy Time and Bouldergeist Daredevil Run.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 09:15:41 PM »
The purple comets had the most difficulty.  Some were hard, and some were just tedious.  There was one cosmic race that I found annoying.  None of the other comets gave me any problems at all... I really have no idea what people found hard about the Bouldergeist run.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 09:45:03 PM »
My first time through, Bouldergeist and Major Burrows Daredevil and Purple Coins in Dreadnought and Ghostly were heck to get through. This time, they're all okay, but Kamella Daredevil is really hard for some reason. Cosmic Luigi in Beach Bowl gave me a good amount of trouble at first, but by my third or fourth try, it was easy.

Oh, and I can't remember where those last few purple coins on Freezeflame are.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 09:50:50 PM »
^ I don't think I had too much trouble with Kamella, but I can relate to the first three.

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 12:18:58 AM »
Actually, when I think about it, none of them really gave me much trouble. The Cosmic Luigi races aren't difficult when you realize that Cosmic Luigi actually chokes near the end of most of the races (people are too quick to press start and return to the observatory to initially see that).

As for daredevil, it just requires concentration and practice, I was able to beat Bouldergeist after 3 attempts under the daredevil comment.

Speedy wasn't very hard at all, most of the times given were fairly generous, and as for purple comets, as Mß said, most are just tedious.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sqrt2

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 02:26:03 AM »
Speedy and Daredevil are the hardest for me.

Especially the Major Burrows and Bouldergeist ones.
AA fanboy and proud!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 05:40:47 AM »
The hardest missions for me involved ray surfing, but as for comets, I wasted about 20 lives on Luigi's Purple Coins.  The Melty Molten Daredevil Run was somewhat difficult.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 06:35:28 AM »
Yes, I did have some touble with the Melty Molten one...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 02:56:06 PM »
I've never had too much trouble with daredevil comets, but Cosmic Luigi is kid of like the space traveling equivalent of Sonic.  The only time I have ever beaten him was in Freezeflame.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 03:20:56 PM »
Seriously?  What's the difference for Luigi's Prankster Comets, anyway?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 03:34:25 PM »
Cosmic Luigi is faster and makes better use of the short cuts.

Print