Print

Author Topic: What happens to underage members?  (Read 38304 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2005, 09:13:20 AM »
I'm*feed is cut out*
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2005, 11:27:12 AM »
Looks like we've lost him! :D
That was a joke.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2005, 11:28:37 AM »
Toooo bad! The feed was cut out to save my age! :D You're trapped. Muwahahahaha!

« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2007, 09:32:35 AM »
Well if the age thing isn't so serious and a parent has given permission for a child to post and visit to this Forum why would whoever puts those little white captions under the names make derogatory remarks under them? I'm not wanting to sound any way but concerned as I saw a message under someones name that said "Yet another underage liar" or something like that. If it's no big deal why do that to someone who you suspect of being underage and impressionable?
Dragons roam my dreams!

« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2007, 09:38:34 AM »
And my age just for general information is 42 or something like that. I come here to make sure my kid isn't getting into anything indecent like a good parent would. I also need help with the games we play together :P
Dragons roam my dreams!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2007, 10:40:45 AM »
Because most kids do not get permission from their parents and instead lie on the page that verifies whether they are 13 or older.  US law requires us to collect written verification from a parent.  Verbal permission is not sufficient, especially when it involves falsifying the forum sign-up process.

And since I see that you're talking about your own son, he honestly hasn't shown enough maturity to be posting here, but so far we've been relaxed and haven't outright banned him yet.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 10:47:18 AM by MEGAߥTE »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2007, 11:01:53 AM »
Notice that the registration form does not provide any contact info for this forum's administrators to receive written permission from the parent. This is because, as a rule of thumb, children under 13 usually do not have the maturity level needed to be on this forum.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2007, 11:03:16 AM »
Neither do a lot of the over-13 members.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2007, 11:09:35 AM »
Notice that the registration form does not provide any contact info for this forum's administrators to receive written permission from the parent.

False.  The information is provided when it is necessary.  We've had several parents send us signed permission forms.  If you say you're 13+, the form does not appear.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2007, 11:14:44 AM »
Ah. Most forums I've seen mention on the registration page that if you are under 13 you have to have parent's permission sent to the forum.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2007, 01:25:41 PM »
Neither do a lot of the over-13 members.

I can think of quite a few off the top of my head.  :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2007, 01:31:34 PM »
If you really are 12, I don't mind, because I'm 12 too...
And me!

(Of course, I do turn thirteen in seven days, but still.)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 06:15:13 AM by Mack_The_Knife »
We have a secret page!

« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2007, 01:41:14 PM »
PaperMario should nearly be 14 now.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2007, 04:16:23 PM »
Three things:

Why, oh why, did I have to see two of my old n00bish posts? I can't believe I acted that way online when I wasn't like that at all in real life.

How the heck did this end up in Site Discussion? Did I seriously post it here? I almost clearly remember seeing this is General Chat...must be a mistake.

Lastly, the age limit doesn't really matter when you still have 20-year-olds and up posting "lol rofl u r such a tard" and such on websites everywhere. But, the 13 age limit is a decent, unenforced guideline or something. :/

« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2007, 10:14:25 PM »
So yeah. What happens? I mean, there shouldn't be a reason for an age limit.

You know that giant fern in the back yard of TMK's.. back yard?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print