Print

Author Topic: Ideas to boost mario's popularity  (Read 8790 times)

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2004, 04:11:52 PM »
My idea to try and boost Mario popularity is to:
Release a animated theatrical film (not like the live-action SMB move, but more or less based on the cartoon show) and have one of the episodes from SMB3 or World shown ahead (if they're willing to seriously crop, cut off and format the picture to fit the 2.35:1 screen, unless they film the main feature in 1.37:1)

"Now go home and eat some vegetables! Dr. Mario’s orders!" -Super Mario World, King Scoopa Koopa (DIC, 1991)

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2004, 06:31:50 PM »
I dont think people would be ready for something like that....

------------------------------
Everything above was sarcasm. Please ignore everything I have just said.
------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2004, 02:16:22 PM »
They should never change Mario from who he is or what he represents.

I think I see where Sapphira was coming from--those are unrealistic expectations for women. Appreciating the human body isn't wrong, but it also isn't "natural," if you're going to go that way with it, for people to induldge too much in purient interests--sure, they make you exist, but if that's all we concentrate on, then people start to deviate--pretty soon, no one would be happy unless they had some unorthodox quirk or fetish, or they were homosexual or whathave you, and eventually reproduction would just stop!

Lol... maybe that was a bit of a stretch. But you have to have a happy medium. Happy, like Mario. Medium, like... a cheeseburger at McDonald's.

Don't change Mario, don't wish him changed. Mario is great. We see his greatness when we are fans, and he couldn't be more appealing. Change him, and he isn't "our" Mario anymore. You don't come to Mario, Mario comes to you. You're either born with it, and cultivated in it, or you'll never have it. We can't integrate people into Mario--being a Mario fan requires a certain persona, a certain way of life, a certain respect for certain things--and with all that certainty required, it would take a lot of changes to make him appeal to the swaying mass of "pop-culture": and then, would he even be Mario anymore?

"It's-a me, Mario! .. I think."

So... screw that! Never waive those withstanding blue overalls and red hat and shirt! I will never forget that on every school survey we took, my favorite color was "Mario red!" I will never forget my stopping people in the halls at school to correct the incorrect mushrooms on their Mario t-shirts! Bringing my plush, talking Mario for "stuffed animal day" in middle school!

So... [edit] that! I don't care if it gets edited!

"Word I was in the house alone,
Somehow must have gotten abroad:
Word I was in my life alone.
Word I had no one left but God."

~Yes you will, since you just got a strike.

Edited by - Sapphira on 5/9/2004 5:00:46 PM
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »
What about more, different bad guys to replace Bowser and his Goons.  Plus, the Names.  Its all about the names.  I know Mario is supposed to appeal to kids, but come on!  Joke's End?  Chucklehuck Woods?  Woo-hoo Hooniversity?  At least change the names!

Mario has fused with the N-force!
Mario has fused with the N-force!

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2004, 08:10:21 AM »
"I dont either, but it's so common in the US, I thought I shouldve just said the truth."

It's more common in Japan.

I know everyone's saying it's natural to like that, but not so natural to want to see it in a Mario game. It'd surely change my opinion if they had a game like that.

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

Print