Print

Author Topic: Coffee madness!!!  (Read 9388 times)

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2005, 07:58:19 PM »
Uh... right, um...  GiftedGirl, I'm afraid you have, well, the wrong facts.  Although someone might think that stimulants like caffeine and nicotine will only act up ADD and ADHD, many people use them to actually treat ADD and ADHD because they help the sufferer (or "sufferer" to skeptics) by stimulating parts of the brain that help them focus.

But, anyways, I'll admit it: I'm a Starbucks quazi-patron.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2005, 08:38:32 PM »
I don't really like coffee. I know a lot of people who do. I'm not old enough to drink yet, but even when I am, I probably won't. I like SoBe (Go to a gas station to see what I mean). In the morning I drink milk. What would cereal be without it?
I, being 1/2 Mexican, am NOT pale at all. I have an all-year tan, but beneath the shirt, socks and watch is average-skin.

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>

Edited by - Bird Person on 4/23/2005 7:42:04 PM
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2005, 09:32:19 PM »
I eat cereal and drink cocoa with soy milk.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2005, 08:38:45 AM »
I have one cup of coffee first thing in the morning, then one at lunch time.  I rely on it to keep me awake.

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2005, 09:04:27 AM »
I agree about the soda affecting us. I drank to much soda that when I used the bathroom, it burned when I peed.

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2005, 10:19:55 PM »
What were you drinkin'? Bucketloads of Mountain Dew?

I can only have the caffiene-free stuff. Root beer's my favorite. Followed by caffiene-free Pepsi. I can sometimes handle a little bit of regular Pepsi, but any more caffiene than that and the headaches start. Fairly recently, I was at an Xbox LAN party, and they were handing out Mountain Dews, but I wasn't watching so I just popped the tab and started drinking. On the way home(strangely enough, these caffiene aftereffects only seem to hit me AFTER I'm done playing video games), the headaches got so bad that I got carsick. That night sucked so bad.....

(On the other hand, I did whomp everyone really bad at Halo 2 that night. So they set my handicap up to Mild, then Moderate, and when I was still crackin' heads on Severe, they knew I was on something! Makes me wonder if the side effects are really worth it...)
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2005, 10:33:56 PM »
In college I stayed up all night in a study group for a Physical Chem final and had 2 to 4 liters of Moutain Dew.  We I went to leave the next morning to take the test it was freezing out and my trucks battery was dead.  I have to hitch a ride to campus to take the test.  That was a rough one.  I passed the final with a C, but thing I could have done much better if I had slept.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2005, 09:19:47 AM »
Coffee's okay, but I prefere sodas and especially ice tea. I do like thoes mocha and cappicino blasts at Baskin Robins.

Random Anime Quote:
"Dita... let''s go!"--Hibiki Tokai. Vandread Second Stage episode 13.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2005, 06:02:24 PM »
Little too much info, there, Aarom11...
So no one else here drinks SoBe? Oh, well, more for me.
For some reason, the greatness of iced tea is rising rapidly. That's very nice.

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2005, 07:10:10 PM »
I drink SoBe Green Tea.  I had one today.  I like the new zero calorie version, but it tastes too sweet.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2005, 10:00:26 PM »
ASPARTAME GIVES YOU CANCER

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2005, 10:18:50 PM »
Lean SoBe drinks use Splenda.  So far it's the safest of the commercially available artificial sweetners, but it hasn't been on the market long, and hasn't had any long term studies yet.

The herb Stevia is by far the best, but it's an herb that the FDA has not approved as a sugar substitute.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2005, 09:55:27 PM »
I like how they had to stop saying it was derived from sugar.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2005, 04:35:12 AM »
Tea > coffee
Tea & water (& rum!) if'n ya please
Tetley teabags have started making different flavoured teas? I think so.
Cappacino is alright too..
And vanilla frappacino is good :P~

- - - -
Arg, matey

Print