Print

Author Topic: Why did you start liking Mario/Luigi games  (Read 16798 times)

« on: May 04, 2006, 09:03:37 AM »
I first started to like Mario when I was about 5 mainly the only reason I chose him was because he was the Red guy (Red's my favorite color). I continue to like him to this day is because he gives me confidence in myself. I am pretty much an outcast, and Mario isn't like any other hero. Hes a plumber a normal guy who ends up saving the Mushroom Kingdom and the girl.

Im just curious
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 10:28:56 AM by neotev »
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 11:00:30 AM »
A while ago I was first introduced, about 4 years old, I hadn't played it too much because my relatives in Chicago were the only ones I knew that had that game and at the time I lived in Texas, after a while I had my 10th birthday and got my first GameBoy Advance, and after my party I haggled a copy of Super Mario Advance for 15 bucks :), but even before that I was introduced to Wario in Wario Land 3 when all I had was a couple of GameBoy Colors, and I actually thought he was the villain of the game because of the way he looked.;).

Well, that's my story.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 12:39:15 PM »
Because my brother introduced me to his NES when I was 2. Let's see, that was about... 15 years ago.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 01:13:29 PM »
thats pretty cool.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 01:48:15 PM »
The first time I played a video game was when I was four-years-old. My brother had just got an SNES for his sixth birthday with a Super Mario World game. When I played it, I just loved it. My brother and I would take turns playing it with Mario & Luigi. It's funny because we never got passed the first level until four days later. We both kept running into the first koopa and dying. We were both like "...WTD? A turtle killed me!" After twenty tries, we tried jumping over him, and a whole new world opened to us... The world of The Mushroom Kingdom.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 03:15:54 PM »
I started to like and play mario games at 5. Whe a relative of mine gaveus his SNES it had only one game (well 4 actualy) it had Super Mario All Stars. At the time i though it was boring, but when i played SMB 3. I really liked it! Whenever i got the tannoki sui i tought mario was a cat! lol, At age 6 I could beat all the levels ( exept level 8 airships). I try to teach my young cousings how to play. But they act more lik idiots with thier mouths open all the time watching a guy get hit by turtles or falling down pits. How come i learned and they don't?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 03:31:08 PM »
Yoshi <3  Well, when I was little, back when I was intrigued with dinosaurs, one of my sister's boyfriends let me play SMW on his SNES, and I saw Yoshi, and instantly adored him.  I almost always play as Yoshi on the Mario Kart games.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 03:50:41 PM »
The first game I ever REMEMBER playing was Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt.  It was pretty fun.
The second game I ever REMEMBER playing was Super Mario Brothers 3.  It was AWESOME!  I consider it to be the first masterpiece I have ever played, and it was the game that made me like Mario.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 03:55:41 PM »
hey, wait a minute,Kojinka, did you maen my sisters boyfriends, or my sisters BOYFRIEND?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 05:22:04 PM »
Let me see... I was either 4 or 5 when I was at the babysitter's place. They had a SNES. At first I never thought I'd be very good but I tried SMW anyway and beat the Donut Ghost House. I was instantly attached and asked my parents for a SNES of my own. Couldn't find SMW in stores (o_O, it was 1996 or 1997) so I got the closest thing: Super Mario All-Stars. Lucky me! When I first played it, my eye was caught by The Lost Levels and I played it. I got the Poison Mushroom.
And since then, I found TMK, aand a few years after I joined the Fungi Forums.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 05:31:14 PM »
I have one sister, and she has had more than one boyfriend.  It was one of her boyfriends that let me play SMW on his SNES
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 05:32:28 PM »
Because of my grandma.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 05:54:05 PM »
Your grandma is one kool chick, Koopaslaya.

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 06:05:43 PM »
Huh. I think it was when I was 7 or so, and my best friend had SMB3 on SMA (Allstars). We played the game all night. I couldn't get enough of Luigi, so naturally, he became my favorite character.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 06:20:47 PM »
To me, it's very simple.

Charm, challenge, and just plain fun.

The charming visuals won't be as charming as the games are challenging and fun at the same time.

Print