Print

Author Topic: Mario & Luigi RPG 3 Released in Japan  (Read 16720 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: February 11, 2009, 01:56:25 PM »
Mario & Luigi RPG 3 is out now in Japan. Nintendo of America has yet to announce a final release date and title for a North American release.

Link: Mario & Luigi RPG 3 Japanese website

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 06:32:29 PM »
Well! Maybe it's just my intentional avoidance of information regarding the game (after the Dojo, I've vowed to know just enough about a game to be interested in it), but it seems like there wasn't much media released that wasn't about the same two or three things.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »
I agree there. I think it was the Smash Dojo that watered down the initial wonderment of Brawl since we knew all about it in advance. When reading about a game I avoid important things like story lines or "secret" game play mechanics (as with PMTTYD, SPM, and SMG) as so to be surprised.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 08:47:37 AM »
***SPOILER ALERT!***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsFoPv06vVo

This shows the level-up animation, a boss late in the game, and six different Bros. Attacks.

Look at this guy's other videos for more M&L3 info if you wish.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 09:09:34 AM »
I wonder if that game would work on a NTSC DS if it was imported.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 10:19:35 AM »
Of course it would. DS is region-free. Why would you want to unless you can read Japanese, though?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 11:39:03 AM »
(Handhelds don't use TV video formats. Also, Japan uses NTSC for its TVs as well.)
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 11:13:35 AM »
Heh, didnt they say the US name was "bowsers inside story"?

Thats what Nintendo Power said.
Exite bots: trick racing [1333-5567-2647] Though i doubt any one else on this site has this game.
Super smash bros. Brawl [0903-9562-0486]

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 11:29:54 AM »
Yes. This is a kind of old topic, though.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 08:55:07 PM »
I just wish they show us the US boxart soon.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 11:58:51 PM »
They announced a release date of September 25th, and possible U.S. boxart, which I hope is fake because it looks terrible.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 01:26:26 AM »
They announced a release date of September 25th, and possible U.S. boxart, which I hope is fake because it looks terrible.
Pics or it didn't happen
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 01:37:33 AM »
I heard September 14th. GameStop put up a picture of a boxart that was just the Japanese box with the American logo, but it's probably a placeholder.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 11:43:03 AM »
That's funny, because four days ago Nintendo released this (PDF) which says "2009 Fall."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »
Yeah I just had a temporary brain lapse. I meant 14th. Dunno why I wrote 25th. But that's just going off of what I saw on several websites.

And I'm really hoping it's placeholder boxart. Really, really hoping. Mario & Luigi boxart has always been brollic.
= = = = = = =

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 09:12:44 PM »
Wait.  The Japanese release info on that PDF says that there's a Kirby game on the Wii!  Too bad it didn't say anything on a release in the US or Europe.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 09:43:12 PM »
Presumably the one they announced as a GCN game like ten years ago.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 09:44:53 PM »
The one that was supposed to be an N64 launch title?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 09:46:57 PM »
The one that's been referenced in cave drawings?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 10:27:39 PM »
The one mentioned in Genesis 1:24?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 11:15:06 PM »
Huh, that'd be something. I've been waiting for Nintendo to release that Kirby game for years. Or hell, to even show it again or at least acknowledge its existance. It was part of that late batch of GCN titles along with Super Paper Mario, DK Bongo Blast. The two former were brought up to Wii, but Kirby's just been MIA forever. It was shown off with Mario Baseball originally back in like... 2004, and I think they showed it at E3 that year, but that was the last we heard of it.
But yeah, really hoping for it to come. 4-player Kirby sidescrolling is something that should've been done a lonnnnng time ago.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 11:25:21 PM »
4-player Kirby sidescrolling is something that should've been done a lonnnnng time ago.

Not to be nitpicking or anything, but wasn't four-player offered in The Amazing Mirror?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 11:48:50 PM »
Ah, touche. I forgot about that, which was one of my favorite Kirby games and one of my favorite platformers. However, four GBAs, three link cables, and four Kirby games was hard to come by, so it slipped my mind.
= = = = = = =

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 09:57:50 AM »
Actually, I almost hope that "placeholder" is the real deal... or at least it wouldn't be a big deal to me if it was. After all, Final Fantasy and games like that--in Japan, at least--can get away with pretty much just the logo. Also, since PiT was a pretty shallow game, the cover revealed pretty much every character in the game and was therefore not as epic as it seemed. Not that I'm implying anything about the quality of BiS.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 04:45:58 PM »
My problem would be that, from the perspective of a graphic designer, the placeholder, if used as the official boxart would look so dull compared to its predecessors.  Even my amateur fan design is more exciting.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 04:48:05 PM »
Try explaining that to the same people who made the horrendous "art" (or lack thereof) on MK Wii's box:

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 07:58:57 PM »
Yeah, after that POS, anything's possible.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 01:51:47 AM »
That's true. I'd forgotten how much Mario Kart Wii's boxart made me want to vomit.
= = = = = = =

CrossEyed7

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 04:03:04 AM »
I always get a kick out of their lovingly detailed wrist straps.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2009, 08:04:30 AM »
Yeah, blazing down the track, throwing Blue Shells and jumping over bottomless pits, but you'd [darn] well better be wearing that wrist strap!

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2009, 12:53:53 PM »
It's nothing to be joked about guys.

Thousands of idiots and televisdion sets alike are killed every year in Wiimote-related incidents. Seriously. Likewise, it's advised that you practise safe gaming by always using the Wii Condom:

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 01:07:17 PM »
The only reason I wear the wrist strap on non-flailing-around games is because it's just a nuisance hanging there when not in use. Of course, I could just remove it...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2009, 01:32:04 PM »
That's what I did. I need no wrist strap. Galaxying, Zeldaing, Punching-Out!! or Moving Smoothly, I just don't.

I hate the jackets even more. Ridges? Dotted ridges? The ultimate in comfort, right?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »
Ridges? Dotted ridges? The ultimate in comfort, right?

It's ribbed for extra pleasure. Lubrication is sold separately.

Back to topic, I'm just relieved that the Baby Bros are finally out of the picture. Controlling four characters simultaneously was gimmicky and awkward to the max.

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »
That's what I did. I need no wrist strap. Galaxying, Zeldaing, Punching-Out!! or Moving Smoothly, I just don't.
Smooth Moves has at least one microgame that hinges on you wearing the strap.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2009, 09:31:58 PM »
True, but FYI, it only occurs after a microgame that involves extensive twisting of the remote (so as to not tangle up the strap's connection too much--and maybe make sure you're wearing the thing).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2009, 11:44:23 PM »
Yes, I know the one--"Bungii." It's easy to tell when it's coming, easy to drop it into your other hand. Probably possible to just simulate a drop.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print