Print

Author Topic: Next-gen consoles...  (Read 3406 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: January 03, 2006, 07:56:38 PM »
Are we ready for the next-generation of consoles? I don't think so. Microsoft really rushed their Xbox 360 out to market, and I don't agree with the dual pricing strategy they've implemented. Plus the Xbox 360 (and the upcoming PS3) are just too expensive. I am not going to spend $300 or more on a videogame system. That is why I am sticking with the current systems, PS2, Xbox, and GameCube.

The Revolution is said to be more like the GameCube or Xbox 1 in terms of the technology it uses. Nintendo isn't spending millions of dollars developing a new processor, and they aren't putting useless multimedia features into the console. They are just sticking with what they do best, making great games.

I think the new versions of Xbox and PS3 are simply too much. Microsoft has released an overpriced console that is a marginal improvement over the Xbox 1. Sony is putting everything they have into the PS3, practically making it a supercomputer. I think both Sony and Microsoft need to cool things down and simply focus on games.

That is why I am uninterested in the PS3 and Xbox 360. They offer too many features, they're too expensive (anything over $250 is too much for me), and they offer nothing new to the videogame industry besides enhanced graphics.

That is also why I appreciate what Nintendo has done with the Revolution. They are making a low-cost console (meaning it will be cheap to manufacture and cost much less than the PS3 and Xbox 360), that is completely backwards-compatible with virtually every Nintendo game ever made, AND they are offering a free online service that is easy to use and fun for all ages. Plus the controller is incredibly innovative. Nintendo is definitely taking a bold step by creating this new controller. It will hopefully encourage game developers to create more imaginative games, like the ones seen on PS1 and N64.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 09:00:47 PM »
In your other thread, you just said anything under $300 is okay with you....

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 09:03:43 PM »
I am not going to spend $300 or more on a videogame system.
Does that answer your qeustion PaperMario?
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 09:09:06 PM »
How many threads have been made on this topic? I just wanna know.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 09:45:03 PM »

(anything over $250 is too much for me)

This is what I was talking about........

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 09:53:27 PM »
Mario Maniac, you freaking worry too much about it. The "power" you're talking about is graphics, and were the GameCube's graphics really that bad? Look at LM or SSBM. I see no problems with graphics. Who cares about the success of the competitor systems if we're in our own Nintendo worlds anyway? A sequel to SSBM will be nothing short of incredible. I'll get to play old games and online SSB. That's going to make me happy. That's all that matters to me.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 09:55:05 PM »
This is what I was talking about........
Oh, I never saw that.
I'm a horrible person.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 11:31:26 PM »
How many threads are going to be posted that are exactly the same? In each thread by Mario Maniac, he says a great lot of nothing. We already know what he thinks, but he keeps telling us, in topic after topic, every thread's title ending with an ellipsis.
Frankly, I don't care what Mario Maniac thinks, and I'm sick of reading the same topic over and over. Enough is enough, especially on a forum like this. What does he want, a bunch of moral support? He isn't going to get that either, especially since he keeps flipflopping between supporting Sony and Nintendo.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 11:36:12 PM »
I agree with everything Chup said, but I doubt that's gonna stop Mario Maniac from posting his duplicate topics anytime soon.

But I do kinda wish new age consoles had longer lifespans than 5 years...
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 11:51:50 PM »
Yup, Mario Maniac is going crazy with the thread-making and providing info that everyone knows (though that was already established in this thread).

Mario Maniac, I believe I'm speaking for a good majority of the forum when I say:

STOP MAKING THESE THREADS.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 09:11:36 AM »
Analysts at CNN are reporting that the PS3 may cost $500! This is taking into consideration of how expensive Blu-ray players will be: over $1000.

If that's the case, then no PS3 for me. I'm sticking with the more affordable Revolution and the current-gen consoles.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 09:14:13 AM »
Ummm.... sorry. I was ranting a bit when I made that topic.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 10:14:09 AM »
WHY THE DUKAR did you need to make a(nother) TOPIC for this?! Not to mention you've already stated this junk a million other times in EVERY SINGLE POST of yours. And I find this topic title to be offensive.

Because I'm nice, I'm going to merge this into one of your other (irritating) threads about the exact same junk. I was tempted to delete it altogether.
I'd be very careful, if I were you; everyone (no exaggerating) I know of here is getting really irritated with you, and that's never a good sign...
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 10:18:39 AM »
Analysts at CNN are reporting that the PS3 may cost $500! This is taking into consideration of how expensive Blu-ray players will be: over $1000.

If that's the case, then no PS3 for me. I'm sticking with the more affordable Revolution and the current-gen consoles.

Thank you for telling us what we all heard last May.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print